It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FarCry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Best FPS for the PC I've played since Half Life or Deus Ex. Not an amazing story, but the graphics and gameplay are freaking amazing. It's such a good game, everyone should check it out.

It's like some kind of blasphemy if you don't, yeah.

First person shooters rock

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Ive played the Demo Version and Its awesome!

I will definately buy it soon.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
It looks so georteous...but sadly i only have onboard graphics
unless someone wants to buy me atleast a 9600XT?? Huh??HUH?? Guess not

Iv struggled to play the demo on my computer, but it looked like #.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah... That's the downfall. If you don't have a top of the line computer, there aint no way you're playing this game. :bnghd: Luckily I bought a Radion 9600s a little while ago and the game runs fine, I still think I'm gonna get more ram tho.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I've been playing the demos for about a week or so and Love it. Anyone have the full version and if so is it worth buying?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I play every shooter. Far Cry is without doubt the most amazing game yet. I am talking about the single-player part of the game.

The demo was nothing compared to the actual game. Buy it and you won't regret it (as long as you like this sort of thing and have a pretty new gfx card).

I've got a Geforce 5900xt and it is smooth as silk. Amazing graphics, it is a setp up from the rest in places.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thanks.. I'm going to buy the game this weekend. Can you play it online?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Yup, there's multiplayer. I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it's the regular thing with a few different match types.

I've been so busy recently that any free time I've had has been spent playing the single player campaigns, which go on, and on, and on. It really is an amazing game.

Good luck!

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Thanks for the input Zzub. I'm really looking forward to the full version. I might get it after work today since it's cool and rainy, at least that will be my excuse to the wife and kids on why I will be parked in front of the computer tonight and most of the weekend.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by KillerD]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A friend on IRC linked me to something very interesting about FarCry. Apparantly there will be a version of it optimized for AMD64 processors. Considering how well it ran on my 2.0 Ghz AMD Athalon XP 2400+ I imagine it would be downright amazing on an AMD64 processor. For those who want to read more about it, heres the link.

www.amd.com...

new topics

top topics

join