It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reasons for school shootings?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salt of the Earth
No, you just think that all the shootings were caused by bullying.

I did not say that; what I said was in response to posts specifically addressing bullying as a situation, so I was responding a great deal to that. I did not say that I think all the school shootings in the news have been caused by bullying. I merely implied that I think that situation could in theory drive a student to that behavior, probably even moreso than what we already see.

But that's not hysterical, right?

To agree that bullying to the extreme could drive a teen to violence? Er, no, I don't really think that's hysterical logic on my part.

First you say the school drove your daughter nuts, and now you say how wonderful the school was.

I believe you do not read very clearly. I said the cultural behavior of the other kids sucked and that the school's approach to academics was not helpful; and I said later that the schools are run by people I perceive to be normal people, a bit indoctrinated by the same system.

As opposed to official psychic-electronic-whatever paragov't mind control.

The word from 1984 is called "doublethink" and also "doublespeak."

You can only fairly respond to what I say, not to what you think I mean. Clearly, too much subjectivity is involved in the latter.

Not to be mean. But you should be willing to look into things. If you were more aware of things you would not be making all these lame excuses for why you kept your daughter living in a hellhole. People tell you things you don't know and you call them hysterical, don't even investigate.

First of all, she's not in public school anymore, so nothing I hear on this board makes me need to go investigate. Not counting, WTF is one supposed to do to investigate, go demand the local small town school principle admit that he is an evil minion of the government exercising mind control on all the innocent children? I'd probably be committed.

Secondly, I explained why I did not take her seriously for some time -- because I perceived plenty of what sounded like similar "bullying, lame teachers, and social issues" in school but it was not so bad and a normal kid was able to adapt and deal with it. She's going to face stupid, hostile and abusive people in her adult life too and it's not a bad thing to know how to deal with that. Only when I came to understand, through 'investigating' by listening to her at length daily and talking with her acquaintances, that her "school culture" was much worse than mine, did I decide it was not reasonable to expect her to deal with that, and her education and happiness were more important.

Some people are willingly ignorant, no matter how bad things get they keep on making excuses for themselves and others, so they can keep on living in the matrix, the false reality they feel comfortable in.

Maybe reality is subjective, and you live in hell because you choose to. Wouldn't it suck to die and find that out.

PJ

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedCairo

Maybe reality is subjective, and you live in hell because you choose to. Wouldn't it suck to die and find that out.

PJ

No, truth/reality stands on its own. Those who refuse to acknowledge it will be trampled over by it and flattened.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
There is only one explanation...they just played the most recent edition of the Grand Theft Auto series!

The real answer is so simple...

There will always be people who crack, and as economic times get worse, there will be even more "crack heads"...(ha ha...little joke...)...

Or we could throw big words in like quantum bubble physics and add a doctorate degree on top of my name, and the answer will be sooooooo much clearer.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Back when we were playing dodgeball, picking teams, etc... there werent any school shootings.

Funny that.

It's not often that I can agree with you on anything, but I think you may have a point here.

School shootings do seem more common now that the whole sensitivity garbage has been implemented in schools.

This whole "there is no loser", and "competition breeds anger" garbage was beginning to be introduced in my generation... and I certainly noticed a big difference between the generations ahead of me, and the generations behind.

Those who grew up with this new system simply can't take a joke. Any and all snide comments are taken seriously by them, and man do they ever take it personally.

Whereas with my friends, we can call each other every derogatory name in the book, it doesn't phase us...
... but these kids...
talk about hyper-sensitive.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Back when we were playing dodgeball, picking teams, etc... there werent any school shootings.

Funny that.

It's not often that I can agree with you on anything, but I think you may have a point here.

School shootings do seem more common now that the whole sensitivity garbage has been implemented in schools.

This whole "there is no loser", and "competition breeds anger" garbage was beginning to be introduced in my generation... and I certainly noticed a big difference between the generations ahead of me, and the generations behind.

Those who grew up with this new system simply can't take a joke. Any and all snide comments are taken seriously by them, and man do they ever take it personally.

Whereas with my friends, we can call each other every derogatory name in the book, it doesn't phase us...
... but these kids...
talk about hyper-sensitive.

YOU MUST BE THE "fun loving type" who abuse each other and passing strangers just so you can get a cheap laugh as you lack any polish or wit and NEED to resort to derogatory remarks...this is a reflection of your upbringing.

people like you posture to each other all the time...

threatening people and abusing them is NOT a joke.

do you abuse your relations? is it fun for you?

do you hang around street corners with your posturing gang intimidating defenceless strangers?

do you feel brave?

quite sad as some animals including monkeys posture to each other to show who is in charge...

do you feel in charge as you posture about?

what are you in charge off?

each other?

[edit on 27-3-2009 by esecallum]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

Wow. Case in point.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:23 AM
link   
The reason is mind control, at school i found out in 1992 that mind control was being used. They went through my entire previous life and where going around telling people and tried to humilate me. I just could not beleive it, but i assume some people have this done to them, and they go over the top.

They totally humilated me behind my back, and tried to get me to leave school. They would not let me to to anyone, without what i was thinking being told to people. Fffing disgusting, and this happened in 1992, so can you wonder if they did this to me back in 92, they are doing it today. Some people may go over the top and do things like shootings, but most will be like me, and do nothing.

This is real, and part of what happens to get people to do things. There are stories behind what happens, on the news.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In my begining years of school i was the "troubled" kid but it wasnt because of kids picking on me it was because I had a rough start to life and I just wanted left alone. Eventually this lead me to going into an ED class for anger management which started kids messing with me, as a child I didnt think about the bads just that I got them back.

Middle school roams around and im in a new school with all the same kids and all the same stupid "ED" junk and kids still mess with me, I get older and stronger while the preppy kids and jocks keep up their stuck up attitude, but at that age theres no real basis for it and I still get angry easy.

Jr High, new school again.. now im older and still getting larger(and I dont mean fat) and kids start fearing me because we grew up together and im the big bad loner that could knock you out just because you looked at me funny. I didnt talk so I was "retarded" and I still didnt care to take care of my anger because it got me some bit of respect.

High School starts... New school same people, I get into a fight that requires the other student to go into the hospital because he threw bottle caps at me. I get kicked out of school for that and start a road with a police records. School deems me ok to come back. Grandfather kills himself, I witness it. Next day a kid messes with me again and I throw him through a window, he loses an eye. Im kicked out

Year 2 of Highschool, New school new people. I begin seeing that I was wrong and try to fix my anger. No one pushes me around anymore infact everyone is intrigued by the big buff guy with the long hair. Girls start talking to me and I feel respected.
Some kid cuts a chunk of hair out. Old reaction, I punch him and his jaw breaks. Kicked out again.

Year 3 I have been with a girl for a year now and we decide to be highschool sweethearts and "run away with each other" and be together forever, im very happy and people dont mess with me after seeing me fight and respect me as a nice person when not pushed. Girlfriend and I get into an arguement, shes black and im white. Black coach sees me yelling at her and jumps on me and tries to throw me to the ground. I think its student and throw him off. Police come. Didnt get kicked out and returned, girl and I back together. Year 4 comes by with no incident.

Girl and I get married, we havnt argued since Jr. year of highschool and I have gotten over my anger.

This is a kind of view from a person who people thought would shoot up the school
This is my real life in short through the things that set me off. School isnt the only cause for this but children are usually influenced by whats around them. Im not the bad guy I seemed as a child because I grew out of it.. It didnt have to go that way if I had perhaps gone to jail for longer then I had and decided to stay angry. I only acted that way because I demand respect and that was how I knew to get it.
Now I get respect by respecting people and being friendly because now i've actually felt it.

So before you say its "all" the schools fault or "not" the schools fault. Your right to a point its not the schools and it is. Its not because its the people in them and it is because of the people in them. Thats just life, some people just have it rough

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by The Bear Man

For what its worth you do have my support, i understand.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rawsom

Heh, I dont need support, im fine with how things turned out and im a happy person, I just had a rough past is all. But thank you for that anyhow. Was just making a point that people can be the reason for this thing at the same time may not be, its all just dependant on life around us and inside of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join