It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

warlock?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:03 PM
link   
i need to know if there is any body here that can teach the ways of the warlock

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I knew of a man once, what was his name, he was a doctor or ah yes Doctor Bombay could teach you the ways of the Warlock!

Seriously, if you want to learn magick go to google and type in Ritual Magick, this should give you lists of the different methods and systems available for you to choose from.

But Warlock is a self imposed title, not a system of magick. The ways of magick are different and many, Warlocks are good and bad and neutral, but if you're looking to shoot lightning from your hands and seduce women with the snap of a finger, you're bound to be dissapointed.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
The name Warlock does not mean 'Male witch'. A male witch is simply a 'Witch'. It does not mean 'Satanic/Black witch' either.

'Warlock' means 'Traitor'.

If you are looking for someone to teach you in the dark arts, I cannot help, but I suppose you could always try Anton LaVey's 'Satanic Bible' for hints.

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 20 2004 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Pisky...You nailed it dead on
Thank you for that clarification...

One time, Cryss and I were unfortunate enough to run across an individual who proclaimed himself a warlock, upon entering our home,(some boyfriend of a dedicant). He got offended, when we immediately told him to leave. He later found out why, and had it explained to him. Still, the poor schmuck, explained, that indeed he once belonged to a previous dabbler cult, with a jest of what magick is really supposed to be about, and he got kicked out of it, saying to us anyways, that he was indeed a 'real warlock' by definition. Sad, very sad. He is now in prison, last we heard, and this was years ago. Good thing we never invited him back!
(Of course we never invited him in the first damned place!)
:bash:

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
if you really want to be a Warlock you might try getting into politics. Politicians
are the best that i can think of.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stalkingwolf
if you really want to be a Warlock you might try getting into politics. Politicians
are the best that i can think of.

Exactly

Neonine - since the name means 'Traitor', may I suggest you contact Tony Blair - he's certainly one of the best.

posted on Jan, 21 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
So, do anyone know the difference between witches and wizards and sorcerers? I don't think that witch is the female version of wizard and vice versa.

posted on Apr, 17 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yuuki

So, do anyone know the difference between witches and wizards and sorcerers? I don't think that witch is the female version of wizard and vice versa.

Vaguely one can define each because they are more determined on what culture, religion or even gaming system you are asking of and vary from person to person who uses or uses the title for someone.

Witch(female) or a Wizard(male): but not limited gender wise, as to which is used use magic, often light magic(good magic), sometimes use tarot, numerology, chakras, healing, spirit and live being cleansing, astrology, etc.
See Wiccans, magic healing

Warlock:From some lore, such as Scottish, can be known as a 'male witch' or 'oathbreaker' in another, perform magic rituals(shadow magic for example), contact and control of spirits and demons,etc.. More neutral than "evil".
See: Black Magic, Demonology

Sorcerer/Sorceress: are more focused on the raw power of magic, may focus on one school of magic.
See: DnD and other games- arcane and fire for example

posted on Apr, 18 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Another idea is that Witches (whether male or female) made a pact with some infernal power in exchange for magical abilities. Note, that just because Wiccans use the term, doesn't mean that the term ONLY applies to their Earth magic users. It was this other meaning, (the pact maker) that was in use by the Europeans and early Americans when condemning witches to death.

The common idea of a Wizard is one who studies arcane words, gestures, symbols, and items of power and uses them to effect magical effects such as through spells, incantations, or rituals. The important thing to take from this is that Wizards STUDY magic.

Sorcerers, on the other hand, are those interested in sheer magical power, and often through various means. Could be a pact like a witch, or using blood sacrifices, or some kind of innate ability, etc. Similar to wizards in their expression and talent with magic, but without studying (i.e. took a shortcut to power).

top topics

join