It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats the best russian fighter plane?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 07:22 PM
link   
titus, why is the "Good looking 1" in a lockheed factory?

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Laxpla]

posted on May, 13 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
titus, why is the "Good looking 1" in a lockheed factory?

[Edited on 13-5-2004 by Laxpla]

Looks like it's parked at an airshow.

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 02:23 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
By the gods off war! This thread is old!

As off this date (October 27 2008), The best plane off Russia would be the Battle off the Sukhoi's over this one!

To be more Precise:

A: the SU-47 and

B: the SU-35-BM.

Either planes are incredibly fast (2.3/2.25 Mach respectively)

Either planes have low RCS's.

Have TVC and other goodies like internal bays for the 47 and high payloads for the 35BM to boot!

I personaly agree that they both share the Number one spot.

posted on Oct, 29 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
this shouldn't be in Aliens and UFOs................

As for your question, I'd say Sukhoi - they have some really kick ass stuff.

I love the Su-37 Berkut - it just looks sweet. It is more experimental though - I don't think any have been made, but it is a very awsome aircraft.

Su-37 Berkut:

Berkut is originaly only a engine test bed, but when som dignitary statesmenn came to the test facility, it swiftly got uppgraded to "SU-37 Berkut", as the new super high manuverablility fighter.

But by far, the worlds superior fighterplane is the Sukhoi SU-30 / SU-35 /SU-37 with thrust vectoring nozzle.

**Ok, enough editing .......

[edit on 29-10-2008 by Phoebus]

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoebus
Berkut is originaly only a engine test bed, but when som dignitary statesmenn came to the test facility, it swiftly got uppgraded to "SU-37 Berkut", as the new super high manuverablility fighter.

You are confused between the SU-37 Terminator and the SU-47 Berkut
who had the registration off S-37.

Berkut's registration numbers are: S-32, S-37 and now the final number off SU-47.

The SU-37 could be the engine testbed but if you mean the 47, then you are just awfully plainly wrong.

The SU-47 is primaraly a front-swepped wing test plane.

But by far, the worlds superior fighterplane is the Sukhoi SU-30 / SU-35 /SU-37 with thrust vectoring nozzle.

a few years back i would have agreed totaly but now the situation has changed massively.

1: the SU-30 kicks planes ass but other planes have superceded it.

2: SU-35 has been modernized into a new plane: SU-35BM.

3: The SU-37 doesnt excist anymore due to one plane crashed and the other being converted to SU-35 standards a long time ago.

Although i realy want to see a new final flanker instead off the 35BM.

Lets say the SU-37BM with 5th gen stuff from the PAK FA stage 2 programme.

So many edits and still i need to correct you

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by James R. Hawkwood

Originally posted by Phoebus

You are confused between the SU-37 Terminator and the SU-47 Berkut
who had the registration off S-37.

Berkut's registration numbers are: S-32, S-37 and now the final number off SU-47.

The SU-37 could be the engine testbed but if you mean the 47, then you are just awfully plainly wrong.

The SU-47 is primaraly a front-swepped wing test plane.

a few years back i would have agreed totaly but now the situation has changed massively.

1: the SU-30 kicks planes ass but other planes have superceded it.

2: SU-35 has been modernized into a new plane: SU-35BM.

3: The SU-37 doesnt excist anymore due to one plane crashed and the other being converted to SU-35 standards a long time ago.

Although i realy want to see a new final flanker instead off the 35BM.

Lets say the SU-37BM with 5th gen stuff from the PAK FA stage 2 programme.

So many edits and still i need to correct you
From what I've read the Su-35BM "WILL BE" better than ANY type of Su-37.

posted on Nov, 1 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Either planes have low RCS's.

If by incredibly high RCS, is what you mean, then yes.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1000hanzFrom what I've read the Su-35BM "WILL BE" better than ANY type of Su-37.

What are you brabeling about? There is only one type off SU-37.

And offcourse it will be better since it has been upgraded to the latest standards and the 37 comes from the late 90's instead off the late 2000's...

But the statement that the 35BM will be better then any type off 37 is plainly wrong. What if Sukhoi makes a BM version off the 37 with 5th gen stuff from the PAK FA stage 2 project?

It will own the # out off the 35BM so that statement is false by default.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Who cares?

The Su-35, Su-35BM, Su-37, are all the same basic airframe. They are all Su-27s, upgraded by varying amounts, none of which have been procured, or even ordered, in any kind of numbers. If a Su-27 with all bells and whistles were to be ordered today, it would make zero difference if it were called the Su-27BM2, Su-35BM, Su-37BM. They are just designations. What would matter, however, is what they actually decide to put in it. The most capable Russian aircraft? An upgraded Flanker. That's all you need to know.

And I'm pretty sure Sukhoi said they're stopping further development on the Flanker...

[edit on 2/11/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by James R. Hawkwood

Originally posted by 1000hanzFrom what I've read the Su-35BM "WILL BE" better than ANY type of Su-37.

What are you brabeling about? There is only one type off SU-37.

And offcourse it will be better since it has been upgraded to the latest standards and the 37 comes from the late 90's instead off the late 2000's...

But the statement that the 35BM will be better then any type off 37 is plainly wrong. What if Sukhoi makes a BM version off the 37 with 5th gen stuff from the PAK FA stage 2 project?

It will own the # out off the 35BM so that statement is false by default.
I was responding to an earlier post, there was one Su-37 demenstrator, it was a testbed for the coming Su-35 and my statement about "But the statement that the 35BM will be better then any type off 37 is plainly Right" because I live in reality and not fantacy, and I know there is no plane on building a Su-37, thats why I stated that, but because your a typical wester- man you "ASSUMED" you knew why I was posting that, but your wrong as usual.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzz
Who cares?

The Su-35, Su-35BM, Su-37, are all the same basic airframe. They are all Su-27s, upgraded by varying amounts, none of which have been procured, or even ordered, in any kind of numbers. If a Su-27 with all bells and whistles were to be ordered today, it would make zero difference if it were called the Su-27BM2, Su-35BM, Su-37BM. They are just designations. What would matter, however, is what they actually decide to put in it. The most capable Russian aircraft? An upgraded Flanker. That's all you need to know.

And I'm pretty sure Sukhoi said they're stopping further development on the Flanker...

[edit on 2/11/2008 by C0bzz]
We already know this why did you was posting space/time by typing this, plus RUAF is giong to buy a whole bunch of 35BM's about 100 or mre before stopping for the procurment of the PAK-FA.

posted on Nov, 2 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
In history? The MIG- 21 ,more variants and the most widely disriibuted and has seen more action than all aircraft.

[edit on 2-11-2008 by all2human]

posted on Nov, 3 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by C0bzzIf by incredibly high RCS, is what you mean, then yes.

LOL!

The SU-47 is a stealth plane man! It HAS a low RCS. At least compared to other fighters besides the F-22 and 35.

And the 35BM has significant reduction in RCS compared to its earlier counterparts. Lets say 20 to 25% reduction in RCS.

Unless you take the F-22 as the benchmark, then everything has high RCS lol.

For the rest, they have lower RCS's then other fighters abroad.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by James R. Hawkwood

LOL!

The SU-47 is a stealth plane man! It HAS a low RCS. At least compared to other fighters besides the F-22 and 35.

And the 35BM has significant reduction in RCS compared to its earlier counterparts. Lets say 20 to 25% reduction in RCS.

Unless you take the F-22 as the benchmark, then everything has high RCS lol.

For the rest, they have lower RCS's then other fighters abroad.

- what exactly was the RCS for the SU-47, or are you just guessing? Stealth means very low observable RCS, not just lower than other planes, and it certainly doesn't meet that criteria. The SU-35BM does have reduced RCS, compared to other Flanker variants, but it's still larger than F-16/18/Typhoon/Rafale. When talking about RCS reduction, 20-25% is negligible. The F-22 was designed to be >1000 times reduction in RCS over legacy fighters.

posted on Dec, 27 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Russians have a big strength of mind. Every country which will throw down a challenge to Russia, will regret obout this. Long live, mother Russia!

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Finaly, an Anonymous post i can read these days!

Originally posted by Anonymous ATSwhat exactly was the RCS for the SU-47, or are you just guessing?

Indeed, i am guessing but i guess since the official numbers are propably still kept secret and so not available but seeing how the aircraft looks and has RAM paint all over the thing, my guess would be that the RCS is far lower then any other AC in the world aside the other stealth fighters/bombers.

Stealth means very low observable RCS, not just lower than other planes, and it certainly doesn't meet that criteria.

Wich plane do you mean? SU-35BM or SU-47?

The SU-35BM does have reduced RCS, compared to other Flanker variants, but it's still larger than F-16/18/Typhoon/Rafale.

No duh! the 35BM and other flankers are huge birds!

When talking about RCS reduction, 20-25% is negligible.

Try to reach such numbers on a F-15! i would dare ya lol. Joking aside, the designers needed to work with an existing airframe and therefore cant mess up with the shape else it would become a whole new plane!

They reached that number by just adding RAM, different materials and some tweaking with the airframe.

The F-22 was designed to be >1000 times reduction in RCS over legacy fighters.

NO #?! the F-22 is a 5th gen AC whiles the 35BM is a 4.7th gen AC!!!! The designers off the F-22 could build an entirely new airframe to suit it well to stealth!!! Its like comparing Apples to Oranges!!

Well anon. You did a nice try and thanks for the post!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join