It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Non Positive Lombozo Post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Today on the way to work I saw a deer on the side of the highway. A Doe. Her front legs were moving, and she was trying to get up. She'd obviously been hit by a vehicle. My guess is a truck as I surmised if it were a car that hit her, the car would be right there with a smashed front end.
I pulled over to take a look, as it was obvious she was still alive.
Her front legs were twitching. She was bleeding from every orifice. Her back legs didn't move at all, and frankly her back end was destroyed. This animal was in pain, and scared. There was no possibility that she was going to live. She was suffering. Her eyes looked into mine, and I knew. I knew. I had to do it.
I did what I needed to do. Quickly and painlessly.
I feel like........ well like a piece of doo doo.
Just had to vent.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Don't feel that way at all.
Drawing on the part of my beliefs that comes from being raised around Native Americans....you set her spirit free.
Only one with a cold heart would have let her suffer.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Don't feel bad buddy, not at all.

Living in the part of the country I do...I see this all the time.

I've shown my fair share of "mercy" over the years. It never gets easier....but it shouldn't make you feel bad.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Do you remember me telling everyone that on the way to NY , we counted the bodies of about 26 dead deer on the I90 alone?
Personally I have been around the hunters up here, and watching them shoot and skin a deer is the most horrific thing I have seen. No remorse at all.
There is nothing even remotely wrong with what you did. There is good karma in that..believe me.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Don't feel bad Lombozo, you did a good thing by putting it out of it's misery. Others probably would have driven past it, but you did the right thing.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You did the right thing.

But doing the right thing isnt always easy, or enjoyable. In fact doing the right thing is often the most difficult and unpleasant option. Thats why so many people are running around doing the wrong things.

As a fellow human being, I am proud of you. Both for doing the horrible thing you knew you had to do, and for having the humanity to be pained by it.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I saw a Bee suffering, half the body almost chopped, but yet still trying to move and the wings still trying to fly. I made sure it could not survive, then I killed it.

I felt bad lol. I know it's just a bee.

Anyway you did the right thing, as long as you know it had no chance of survival, you had to put the poor innocent guy out of his misery.

P.S how did you kill him? I know strange question, but it might happen to me, and I don't wanna end up torturing the animal instead of helping him!! Did anyone see "Me myself and Irene!?" lol

[edit on 18-3-2009 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
A positive post. You put the poor animal out of its misery. You cared. I wonder how many drove by and didn't think about it either way.

Sure it wasnt easy, a lot of the right choices aren't. *hugs*

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

lombozo..... AD is right you set her Spirit Free.
If I was that poor animal I'd want you to help me out of my misery.
You are a very compassionate human being and don't you Ever Forget it!

AD I remember you telling that story, about the 26 dead deer on the highway.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Basically its like this: If the deer could talk, it would tell you to kill it. And although it takes its toll on your spirit, sometimes you have to do what you have to do.

top topics

join