It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 year anniversary of Waco (Testing ground to judge public reaction to Gestapo like tactics)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have always thought the incident at waco was a blown up show by the FBI and our government to further the agenda to take firearms out of the hands of people and to justify the tactics used in order to carry out this style of raid.
The same gos for the Randy Weaver incident where his family was murdered in cold blood.

I have heard interviews with Branch davidians and they said there was no truth to David Koresh having a twelve year old bride and that it was nothing more than a rumour dreamed up by the government in order to garner public support....
It is my theory that in the near future there will be groups of people who will gather together in groups like this one...( some religous others not) or a combination of both ...especially many christians who will oppose taking a microchip in order to buy or sell anything as they will interpret this as being the mark of the beast.

I feel the government used this created incident as a stepping stone and a barometer to measure public reaction to one day implement theese actions on a larger scale.....
if you remember there was an incredible amount of talk shows and media which involved getting peoples reactions to this event.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:12 PM
link   
now whats wrong with this ???there is a thread score of four with two votes but nobody has responded???
WTF ??? i find that very interesting and it would seem to validate what ive proposed in this posting.....
thank you

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:26 PM
link   
OK Watcher,

I haven't submitted a score yet but I will respond. First of all I firmly believe there was no conspiracy invloved with Waco. Koresh and his followers were wackos who chose Waco because it was short for We Ain't Comin' Out.

The guy had sex with any woman or girl of a certain age that he wished If you'll recall, this is very similar to the other paranoid cult leader, Jim Jones of the Jonestown masacre fame in Guyana.

Koresh claimed he was the second coming of Christ and led the government on for close to two months as I recall. The biggest problem with the whole operation was that Janet Reno ran justice and there was no real plan.

I think the reaction of most Americans was that it was a tragic situation that had really no other alternative.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I dotn think there is a grand conspiracy of it but the conspiracy rest with janet renoe an dher police state type tactics. THey were wrong to break in there first and they did fire the first shots. I have agood book that has some interesting details.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
yeah common sense i remember the details that were fed to the public so they could lap it up like it was the gospel

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Watcher,

Not all the public was lapping it up. When the first stoiries hit the press the only thought I had was for the agents sent in on this suicide run. The Clinton administration needed to score a quick public relations win to justify a cabinet that looked like a circus sideshow and went after a bunch of wackos. There was most certainly a better way to handle it, but, it did need to be handled. The big problem was the Clinton admin needed to look tough.

Again, there was no conspiracy, just a huge F*!@ up by a bunch of pathetic amateurs trying to look like they were in charge!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
it was a bad situation which got out of control, that's it.
No conspiracy.

I also agree, Clinton needed something... this was the start of it and the rest is history...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I have always thought the incident at waco was a blown up show by the FBI and our government to further the agenda to take firearms out of the hands of people and to justify the tactics used in order to carry out this style of raid.

Maybe just to take firearms out of the hands of messiahs.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just think back.

We had Reno - Reich - Stepho-it's way too much to type. I went looking for a photo or a list of names but couldn't find one, too bad! He was trying to look presidential but never made it (EXCEPT WITH MONICA :lol
. But even then he said he didn't.... well INHALE (for lack of a more discreet term). Oh well, could we have expected anything but Oklahoma City after that!

I've had fun up to this point. But now it's about 168 innocent people that didn't deserve what happened!

It's time to pray we don't make the same mistakes. It's time to cry out to our Creator to guide our actions, direct our steps and to protect us from worldly temptations. No foolin' all - the time is now!

CS

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Watcher,

Now I'll post my score. Current score is 4.0

CS

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Good special on Koresh on now on A&E. 8:00 pm edt Wednesday

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
common sense im going to miss this show tell me what you see and hear....thank you....

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Hi WOTS,
The show was pretty good. Btw, it's been on before. The program chronicled his rise with the Seventh Day Adventist church and the woman who was there pastor. When she was 68 years old she announced she was pregnant by his "seed" and everyone in the congregation took this as a sign the he was the one. She claims she lost the child but that didn't change his chosen status. Koresh subsequently married a 14 year old from the church and went off to study scripture in Israel.

Upon his return he beecame head of the church and started radical control over the members. He announced that since he was the chosen one, all the woman belonged to him and he could have them as he pleased. Eventually, he ended up fathering 17 children with an unknown number of women/girls. His abuse of an 18 month old who he spanked/beat for 45 minutes is what really started the investigation.

With that investigation it was also found that Koresh and his followers had begun illegally trading guns. He built up an inventory worth over $200,000.

This is where the government blew it. Rather than arresting him while in town, they chose to raid the compound. It appears that one agent had tipped him off an hour before the raid which made things worse.

That started the seige which ended when Reno ordered army tanks to pump tear gas into the building. The next major item was the fire that destroyed the complex. It's interesting to note that the fire didn't break out until six hours after the raid started. Btw, the tear gas used was pumped in, grenades weren't used. One thing Koresh kept preaching was that there end would be the end of the world. Apparently he had been preaching that for quite some time before the original seige.

All in all it's pretty consistent with my earlier approach. No conspiracy, a bunch of misguided wackos, an administration looking to act tough, and a tragic outcome.

The only "conspiracy/coverup" was the Clinton admin's clearing itself of any wrongdoing in its investigation of itself. Clearly, the admin shared responsibility for the deaths.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Well, you have all probably seen this before, but if you haven't, i suggest watching a movie called "Rules of Engagement," It's a documentary, pretty interesting.
The feds completely denied firing ANY shots the entire 51 days of the standoff and denies igniting the fire, denied using "any pyrotechnic tradgectories" (any weapon that may cause fire. There were in fact 2 spent tear gas cartridges found on the property that were the type to be fired out of a gun, i.e. a pyrotechnic device. Also, there were some video surveilence tapes from an FBI plane (sorry I had to say "an," due to proper phonecs, since I'm being a poopy speller right now) patrolling overhead, using FLIR (Forward Looking IfraRed) technology, the same that was used in Gulf War 1 on the smart bombs. They had someone from the company that developed this technology (and did analisys for the govt. on GulfWar FLIR tapes) clearly pointing out rapid gunfire from the outside of the compound (the side that the press couldn't see). Pretty extensive little video, pretty graphic, too, as it shows the burnt bodies of men women and children and explains the effects of the CS gas the FBI injected into the compound using nozzles fitted onto tanks (remember the vid clips on the news of tanks nudging into the walls?). Even if there wasn't a conspiracy prior to the standoff, it sure seems like there was one between the Dept of Defense/FBI/CIA/Local Police to cover up the use of lethal force and torture (physical and psycological) on the part of the state.

Or, I suppose you could chalk it up to spin.

[Edited on 23-4-2004 by bigblakbus]

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
thank you common sense and bigblakbus ..... i tend to look at everything the media or television puts out with a sceptical eye and i definitely think there was alot of government spin on this one....thank u both for your input

new topics

top topics

join