It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spitzer Is Back!: "The Real AIG Scandal"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:18 PM
link   
So I am inclined to ask; if it is as obvious as my paranoid mind seems to think it, Spitzers career was forfeit once he dared to comment on the supranational bank cartel's scheme.

Was the Patriot Act "used" for that purpose? ... seems like that would be illegal ... doesn't it?

I think that would qualify as a very nearly treasonous conspiracy, considering the magnitude of the consequences of the unheeded warning ... which we immediately ignored because the media focused on the hookers.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
You'll drive yourself insane trying to figure out what is going on in the inner circle from your vantage point three miles away. You can't know what they know.

I will tell you, though, that the spread of US Dollars around the world is more powerful than bullets and bombs, and we are spreading oh so many dollars!

Relax.

America rules, and the Leftist Media will always air stories that get you agitated. The Left has been attacking US heavily since the 60's. They can't win though, because we have achieved critical mass and the power is unstoppable!

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Great post KJ. What was done to Spitzer is typical of NWO tactics. They acquire scandalous information on anyone that can do them harm. It's a pre-emptive defense. And so if you bring them to light they will leak the info, destroy your family and/or send you to prison. My opinion is that they did much the same to John Edwards during his run for the presidency. They knew he couldn't be controlled and they set him up with that woman during his campaigning. This doesn't say much for either man other than they are human and subject to human failings and desires. We've seen the NWO control other men via their sex drives. The Kennedys, MLK and Clinton come readily to mind.

Our nation is poorer for the loss of Spitzer and Edwards from civil service, do we think they would not be on their best behavior having been caught? Hardened criminals get second chances and yet we punish our society by not forcing these fallen men to amend their ways and serve the greater good. Imagine Spitzer outing Wall Street and Edwards bringing real change to the disenfranchised among us. You might ask, are there not other moral applicants for these positions? Apparently not as exemplified by the struggle of the current administration to find cabinet appointees without financial improprieties. Hell, the head of the fed is a tax cheat and a liar. And we allow that? Perfect people are in short supply.

Was Spitzer screwing around harmful to anyone besides Spitzer? Well, he had sent many men to prison for far less. That was the straw that broke Spitzer; otherwise he wouldn't have appeared such a hypocrite. We tend to forgive people for moral shortcomings if in fact they've seemingly acted in kind and that was not the story of Spitzer. He made his political name on hammering corruption and immorality. And as we all suspect, the sexual power that Spitzer acquired during his stint as NY State's Attorney General made him feel invincible. Above the law if you will. "Do as I say not as I do". Term limits on elected officials would go a long way to correcting that.

We the people continue to be undermined by the shadow government and our false sense of morality. What is truly immoral a BJ or an AIG? I choose to think AIG as more if not all of us are being screwed in this deal.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   

He made his political name on hammering corruption and immorality. And as we all suspect, the sexual power that Spitzer acquired during his stint as NY State's Attorney General made him feel invincible.

Morality does not begin, and end, with the penis.

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This is one of the best written and stated articles I've read in a while, kudos to Elliot Spitzer, frankly he's much less corrupt than New York's current governor. I feel horrible for his wife, but I don't think he should have been forced out of office just for sex, JFK did much worse and is considered one of the "greatest" U.S. Presidents ever (though I completely disagree and find him to be highly over rated...but he slept with a Russian spy, Elliot slept with a hooker, c'mon!). I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but this is a really great read, and reinforces what I've been saying for quite some time, about the smoke screen of the bonus scandal.

[edit on 23-3-2009 by yellowcard]

posted on Mar, 23 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Unfortunate all around. Spitzer was one of the few politicians with integrity overriding self-serving interests. In fact he was scheduled to make a speech a day before he was brought down in the hooker scandal. It was a whistleblower deluxe on Wall street.

As intended Spitzer's political career is over for good. At least we have someone reliable and once well placed who can tell us where some of the skeletons are buried.

Mike

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Between his Today Show appearance this morning and the numerous articles popping up about his capability to recognize and regulate Wall St. issues - I think there must be a concerted behind-the-scenes effort to rehabilitate Spitzer's public image. I say we need him.

Here's an interesting take on why he is the perfect guy for the job:

www.thedailybeast.com...

Self-knowledge helps us investigate; willful denial impedes investigation. Yet Spitzer alone was able to use both attributes for his crusades. He recognized his predatory streak clearly enough that he had to split his delinquent private self from his public concerns. But this very act of denial helped him recognize what motivated the leaders of AIG and other Wall Street giants...

We can learn the most about Spitzer from his own words, not just his deeds. In a November 16, 2008, Washington Post op-ed piece—seven months after the Mayflower Hotel sting—Spitzer wrote: “No major market problem has been resolved through self-regulation, because individual competitive behavior doesn't concern itself with the larger market. Individual actors care only about performing better than the next guy, doing whatever is permitted—or will go undetected.”

Who could know better about the failure of self-regulation than someone who has a sexual addiction? And who could understand the power of greed better than one who regularly succumbs to sexual compulsion?

“Long-Term Capital Management, Enron, the subprime lending scandals: All are classic demonstrations of the bitter reality that greed, not self-discipline, rules where unfettered behavior is allowed.” The best way to stop a sexual perversion, such as an obsession with prostitutes, is to talk about it—telling one’s wife, for example. In marriage, it’s called honesty; in business, it’s called transparency...

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Great thread!!! Thanks all!!

Spitzer is not one of "them". I feel that he is a just person. I need to add that one of his primary financial supporters in NYC is J. Chanos....errrr...the stock broker who blew the Enron whistle!!!
Spitzer/Chanos are worth the google.

Happy trails!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join