It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is 2004 the Year of the Nostradamus Comet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Did the Medieval prophet Nostradamus predict that a comet will crash into the Aegean sea near Greece, with devastating affects, in the year 2004? Two Nostradamus experts disagree.
R.W. Welch writes: "In early August, a faint white speck becomes barely visible in the night sky. With each passing day, it grows rapidly larger and brighter, approaching at several times the velocity of a rifle bullet. It is not a meteoric space rock, but a ball of cosmic dust and ice left over from the formation of the solar system billions of years ago�a comet. By mid-August, it lights up the sky almost like a second sun. While not especially large as comets go, it is getting much too close. It is, in fact, on a collision course with planet Earth.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Have any of you heard of this before?

This is the first I remember hearing Nostradamus Predicted a comet impact.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I dont really jive on all the Nostradamus stuff but there are a couple of close comets in the solar system now

spaceweather.com...
Top story!

Comet Bradfield (C/2004 F4) is vaporizing furiously as it swings by the sun even closer than Mercury. Telescopes on Earth can't see the encounter because of the sun's intense glare, but the Solar and Heliospheric Observatory (SOHO) can.

Comet Bradfield survives, northern sky watchers can see it beginning April 24th or thereabout. It will join Comet LINEAR (C/2002 T7) in the constellation Pisces just above the eastern horizon at dawn. Both comets could be visible to the unaided eye.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Did the Medieval prophet Nostradamus predict that a comet will crash into the Aegean sea near Greece, with devastating affects, in the year 2004? Two Nostradamus experts disagree.
R.W. Welch writes: "In early August, a faint white speck becomes barely visible in the night sky. With each passing day, it grows rapidly larger and brighter, approaching at several times the velocity of a rifle bullet. It is not a meteoric space rock, but a ball of cosmic dust and ice left over from the formation of the solar system billions of years ago�a comet. By mid-August, it lights up the sky almost like a second sun. While not especially large as comets go, it is getting much too close. It is, in fact, on a collision course with planet Earth.

If this comet is in fact coming towards Earth, it's very likely we wouldn't be told about it ahead of time in order to avoid a chaotic uncontrolled scenario from occuring. They may not see it coming right now, its hard to say, but when and if it does appear, i can almost guarantee you 100% it will be kept in the dark.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
It doesnt matter what you believe, whether atheist, Christian, Jew or Muslim, Hindui etc. If you do a cross cultural read up on the predictions and prophecies you will find there is only one other event that is spoken of in all major tribes of this earth, and that is the flood. The other event is a comet hitting earth. Sooner or later it will happen. Theres a higher chance of a comet hitting earth than you winning the lottery!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by TruthStrgnrThanFiction]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

If this comet is in fact coming towards Earth, it's very likely we wouldn't be told about it ahead of time in order to avoid a chaotic uncontrolled scenario from occuring. They may not see it coming right now, its hard to say, but when and if it does appear, i can almost guarantee you 100% it will be kept in the dark.

In this day and age I would really doubt you could keep a comet on a direct course with Earth a secret for much longer than a few days. There are thousands and thousands of amatuer astronomers out there all networked together. There are observatories all over the planet as well.. So, not just one person or government would know (for long).

Well, atleast I hope I get more than a few hours notice that the earth is gonna crack in two!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386

In this day and age I would really doubt you could keep a comet on a direct course with Earth a secret for much longer than a few days. There are thousands and thousands of amatuer astronomers out there all networked together. There are observatories all over the planet as well.. So, not just one person or government would know (for long).

Well, atleast I hope I get more than a few hours notice that the earth is gonna crack in two!

Ahh well you see 'grin' that is where the Aliens come in

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
THe paths of comets and large bodies with irregular orbits are difficult to predict with great accuracy, especially to narrow it down to an impact of a planet/moon unless it is iminent.

I believe most comets are chunks of rocks and ice and wouldnt be as great of a threat as a rock solid asteriod, but a giant one could still be catostorphic.

I would hope that our leaders would give enough of a heads up, even if we were all doomed, so we could have time to plan where to watch the final showdown.

Word of an imminent threat would surely be leaked by amateur astronomers.

I havent seen a comet since the Hail Bob and look foward to seeing what the next ones have to offer.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Check out my post above @ spaceweather.com... Depending upon where you live (north or south hemishpere) you can see a comet right now! Should be able to see it up north later this year (if the sun doesnt destroy it!)

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Scary, makes me feel like Earth is playing dodgeball, and dragging me along for the ride.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i dont see how osmeone could post this when i *ahem* know of someone who posted the same exact thing months back. yes! it is gonna be a cashless society! sincem any believe a ''terrorist'' is only another mans freedom fighter!

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Calculon386

Amateur astronomers are only able to document about 10 percent of the sky... if someone found out, that person would probably be the only one for a while that would know unless he told someone else or made it public.

I remember, however, a decade or so back, an asteroid was on a direct course for Earth. The case was fully made public, but most ignored it for some reason or another. NASA did their own calculations on the incident and it turned out it would miss us by a few thousand kilometers.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well...the one in late Sept is REAL big and will get REAL close...but thats about it...an NO...I dont think any govt would give us a warning any earlier then a week or so...only because of the mass chaos that would be avoided...if they told us today...i guarentee that a large % of the population would develop a "f@ck it" metality and just show a total disregard towards everything...then we'd have a calaminty before the catastrophy.....

top topics

join