It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are people generally aware that suspension of disbelief and insanity aren't the same thing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Hi everyone I've been thinking that some of my posts are making me look insane. I'm not assuming anything really, I just read a couple of my posts, and I chuckled, because i sound like a nutbar.

So, I guess my question is, how many of you are active in the practice of suspension of disbelief? Temporarily releasing yourself from the logical interpretation of your brain's interpretation of what is around you is like exercising in my mind. I'm probably in the same boat as a lot of people around here.

Don't get me wrong, there's some BAD things going on there, but I just wanna let people know that yes, some go there, but most go there until they get bored. I mean, toying with alternate conclusions is fun! In life, unlike school, you don't need to show your work, only the answers count.
When people believe in something it is not the same as respecting it's potential for truth.

Ya know, ya see people get called insane all the time, and it's just really presumptuous.

So do you suspend disbelief too or am I crazy!????

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
For my Opinion, this website will weed out anything that has no structure or backbone to rely upon.

I can't recall any posts you've made, but have seen them, recalling your avatar, but the key is to keep an open mind but not to open to where your brain falls out.

I try my best, which fails at times, to use Reasoning above all else, and say is this the best possible fit to understand this, and sometimes iagree with this site more then anything else.

But in this input of reasoning, I have lost all faith in the Christian God. Through reasoning, I for one and thousands on ATS rely on Fact. If not fact a answer much more reasonable then previously put.

The world is always changing in conciousness, the earth is no longer flat, the moon is not made of cheese
the earth is not the center of the universe, the earth is not the center of the galaxy, etcetecetec etec etc etc.

What many people may call you crazy for now! Might years from now, call you a person of average intelligence, and others ignorant!!!!!

Follow me? I saw you hadn't got a single post so I threw you one, and hoped it was good and thorough.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I find myself getting only positive responses on this site when my responses are comical or in agreement. I'm not talking about myself per se, just wondering if people think like this too. Cant believe i have a pity post lol.

This is kind of off topic but to address your point I'm in the same line as you all the way until you talk about how you look at facts. The thing about facts are they're often confused with popular opinion....I just think there's too much unobserved in the universe to call some things facts that are.

I'm not sure that Christianity represents the christian God. It seems to me that facts are just faith in perception.

join