It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orange Moon with Light beam above it last night ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Last night as I was driving to my friends house I noticed the moon was very bright and also very orange. Nothing obviously unusual about that at all except that for some reason there was this bright radiant beam of orange/ moon colored light that was coming from the moon and reaching high into the sky until it was blocked out my clouds .

I had never seen this before. I had sometimes seen the moon glow a bit extra bright but this was a first for me. What I want to know is, did anyone else see this?

Also, is there are significance to this at all? What would cause the moon to glow more bright than usual and with a beam of light the width of the moon only shining upwards?

I'm not going to speculate and claim anything crazy because I honestly have no clue, but It did peak my interest and made me think to post about it on here. After all, if anybody would know , it may very well be somebody on this site.

thank you for your time in reading this. Hopefully it was worth it.
-LucidDreamer85-

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Note too mods. This was this first time I actually started a new thread and it seems to have been posted in the Fragile earth forum which I'm not sure fits properly with this thread. Could you please move it where it is appropriate . Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I saw the same thing too last night. I was also wondering why the moon was orange, it was so weird.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
orange moon isnt anything iregular. Its mearly a lunar eclipse, correct me if im wrong, but i belive its when the light of the earth is reflected onto the moon.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
We did have one heck of a full moon this month.

It appeared to be huge and bright orange. I too saw a beam of orange light going up from the moon.

I was on my way to the gym and pulled off the highway and just watched it for a half an hour. It was hard to take my eyes off of it.

The moon is one of my favorite things so it was a special treat for me to see it the way it was.

I'm sure someone on this forum has a logical explanation for what we both saw.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by dizziedame]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I watched it rise from the ocean in FLA. Moon was....... not orange...... but blood red! Like looking at it though a red stainglass window. Sorry though, didn't hav my camera.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Don't know anything orange beams of light from the moon , but what struck me as odd (and my friend) was the fact that we had a full moon for 4 days in a row . I know sometimes the moon can appear as a full moon over a period of 2-3 days but that was not it . It was a full (and pretty big one ) moon.

PS: Actually scratch 4 , it is now 5 days i a row ...

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Thill]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
We have a stray cat problem, last night I chased some of the porch and I looked up and it was cloudy but even theough the clouds I could see just how big the moon was and how bright. I don't recall a beam but there was like a auroura around it, I guess due to the cloud cover

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Yea there was lots of cloud cover but it just so happened to be clear around the moon. More so around the upper area surrounding the moon. The moon was glowing everywhere but there was like a glow that stemmed off the top and went straight up into the clouds above.

I had to take a double take and didn't believe it at the time. The moon was definitely looking good last night. One of the best nights I've seen in a while to watch it but I had never seen the glow extend in a straight line off the top.

I wonder if there are pics on the net of it. I will check.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I let my dogs out last night to do their business and the amount of light given off by the moon (or should I say reflecting) was incredible. I've never seen it so bright, full moon or not. Our backyard is normally fairly dark with no streetlights in the alley, but last night was definately an oddity.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

"The Orange Moon"

Have you ever wondered why the moon is more orange or yellow in color when it first rises at night. This effect is caused by the atmosphere of the earth. The reason for the orange color is due to the scattering of light by the atmosphere. When the moon is near the horizon, the moonlight must pass through much more atmosphere than when the moon is directly overhead. By the time the moonlight reaches your eyes, the blue, green, and purple pieces of visible light have been scattered away by air molecules. That's why you only see yellow, orange, or red.
The moon can have an orange color at any time of the year. Sometimes the moon appears orange even when it's directly overhead. This occurs when there's a lot of dust, smoke, or pollution in the atmosphere. The size of those particles will determine the type of color you will see.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b75e1d100650.jpg[/atsimg]

Look first at the white moon directly overhead. See the red part of the arrow pointing to the white moon? This red part of the arrow shows the part of the atmosphere we are looking through to see the moon. Now look at the orange moon just rising in the east. Look at the blue portion of the arrow pointing to the orange moon. See how much longer the blue line is than the red line. This shows that we are looking through about three times as much atmosphere at a rising or setting moon.

home.hiwaay.net...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
A picture would have been nice.

Think about that next time.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I know that an abundance of wildfires in the area will also make the moon glow red, or orange. Had many fires in the area?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
The March full moon is also known as the Crow moon and Sap moon. It was offically full on March 11th.

A lot of the colors you will see when observing the moon is simply refraction from our own atmosphere.

Now, seeing a light being beamed at the moon....I got no explaination for that one

Here's a cool site for stargazing and moon phases ect:

Stardate

Edit: ATS I need a spell ck function for my coffee fueled fingers mis-typos

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Whisper67]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouki
A picture would have been nice.

Think about that next time.

I tried with my phone but the pics were full and by the time i took one it was pretty crappy. It's an older LG phone and the camera is below par. It only look like a tiny dot on the phone and looked nothing like what I was observing in person. Would not have helped at all.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kcired_tsew
I know that an abundance of wildfires in the area will also make the moon glow red, or orange. Had many fires in the area?

Not here in Michigan no.
wouldn't the moon be orange in more than just one state though?

And I'm more concerned about the way the light was coming off of it then the orange moon itself.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whisper67
The March full moon is also known as the Crow moon and Sap moon. It was offically full on March 11th.

A lot of the colors you will see when observing the moon is simply refraction from our own atmosphere.

Now, seeing a light being beamed at the moon....I got no explaination for that one

Here's a cool site for stargazing and moon phases ect:

Stardate

Edit: ATS I need a spell ck function for my coffee fueled fingers mis-typos

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Whisper67]

No it's as if the light was beaming off of the moon into space. but not like beaming like you would see in the movies or anything. It looked natural like it was supposed to be doing that almost.

Imagine the radiance of the brightest moon yo have ever seen, but instead of just the circumference of the moon glowing bright it was also shinning upwards.

If you stuck your thumb against the moon to make each the same size, then it would have been shinning upwards about 2 1/2 thumb widths high. ( if that makes sense ).

It shinned until a cloud high up above it blocked the rest but it was very unique to see. I couldn't keep my eyes off of it which I'm glad I did not get in an accident as I was driving at the time.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I just looked thu a gadzillion of `full moon orange ` pictures with Google search images and could not find an example of the aura beam from the top. Looks like you got to see a very rare phenomenon with just the perfect atmospheric conditions.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemooone2
I just looked thu a gadzillion of `full moon orange ` pictures with Google search images and could not find an example of the aura beam from the top. Looks like you got to see a very rare phenomenon with just the perfect atmospheric conditions.

Yea it was amazing to see and I'm thinking it has something to do with the surrounding clouds but i can't connect the dots yet. Was the direction of the sun shinning on the moon the cause maybe?

Like if the sun shines at an upward angle during day will the light reflecting off at night shine in the same direction?

I know what I saw though and later tonight when I get some time I'll draw it out for you all to see exactly what I saw. Just got a scanner/copier so hopefully I can get it to work fine. haven't used it yet.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidDreamer85

Anyone else seeing orange moons the last couple nites?

I'm going to watch tonite and see if there is anything more than just an orange moon in the sky.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join