It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Shuttle Blows Up!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
My theory is that when the shuttle was taking off back on Jan 16, and that foam piece fell off the tank and hit the left wing, I feel it may have cracked one of the tiles or tile. That is all that would be needed to help expand those tires in wing and rip apart the tiles when the shuttle was smashing through the atmosphere traveling at 12500 MPH. By the looks of the debris falling, it seems the shuttle probably (just guessing at this point) went into a spin, which as WOS said to me on the phone earlier today, means instant death. The blood is going to pop out of you head spinning 360 degrees going at the speeds of 12500 MPH.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Thank you for clearing that up for me byrd. Just wanted to make sure all info was available.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Byrd what do you mean they make 80-90 degree turns? They can't afford to even turn a degree upon re-entry, and one possible cause of this is because they DID turn.

The way they slow down is purely through drag as they come in at a 40 degree slant. Maybe it was 70...can't remember at the moment

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Hmm...also I don't see how simply turning would cause any problem with the passenger, they afterall had to do a 180 to brake anyways, trauma is caused by force and in a decent the force is still equal, and while turning may cause the shuttle to say burst into flames, it doesn't mean all of a sudden the force on an astronaut's head shifts vectors and their brains blow out...though I could be wrong

Oh yeah, the safety record is 1/75 not (1/475). So our track record is at the theoretical maximum, considering we've had 3 ship related crew deaths and a near fatal accident, out of nearly 140 runs...and actually there is another country that we can compare safety and accidents with...Russia.

They've had so many screw ups, it's amazing they still have a space program, the whole reason they stopped trying to go for the moon, was one of their capsules came down depressurized with all 3 crew members dead, and not to mention at what happend to mir

And they still use meteors for re-entry crafts, which are by far more reliable than the shuttle's method of re-entry.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   
turning, or rolling, after they hit the atmosphere would be instant death because it would expose the un-shielded portion of the shuttle to the atmosphere

I think what probably happened is they lost the left wing and it went into a roll from that, they were #ed already, the turn just added insult to injury

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Photos / Video Footage
In order to complete the accident investigation, NASA asks that any persons with photographs or video footage call the Johnson Space Center Emergency Operations Center, (281) 483-3388 or send e-mail (mailto:[email protected])

lol

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
Hmm...also I don't see how simply turning would cause any problem with the passenger, they afterall had to do a 180 to brake anyways, trauma is caused by force and in a decent the force is still equal, and while turning may cause the shuttle to say burst into flames, it doesn't mean all of a sudden the force on an astronaut's head shifts vectors and their brains blow out...though I could be wrong

Sincerely,
no signature

If the Shuttle was spinning at 12500mph then the centrifugal forces would rip apart your body. The G-forces would be incredible ( probably well into the hundreds of g's ) and as most people black out at around 7 g's, you can imagine what several hundred would do.
So, youre brain probably would be pulped and your eyes ripped out.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
If the Shuttle was spinning at 12500mph then the centrifugal forces would rip apart your body. The G-forces would be incredible ( probably well into the hundreds of g's ) and as most people black out at around 7 g's, you can imagine what several hundred would do.
So, youre brain probably would be pulped and your eyes ripped out.

Thats horrible.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I just heard on the news that they found human remians fronm the crash and they are going to try and idenify the remains. How can there be human remains if the shuttle blew up?

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
"My theory is that when the shuttle was taking off back on Jan 16, and that foam piece fell off the tank and hit the left wing, I feel it may have cracked one of the tiles or tile. That is all that would be needed to help expand those tires in wing and rip apart the tiles when the shuttle was smashing through the atmosphere traveling at 12500 MPH. By the looks of the debris falling, it seems the shuttle probably (just guessing at this point) went into a spin, which as WOS said to me on the phone earlier today, means instant death. The blood is going to pop out of you head spinning 360 degrees going at the speeds of 12500 MPH."

I agree with Midnight Mutilator's statement. Why didn't Nasa have the Astronauts check this out?
According to Richard Hoagland it doesn't take much to destroy a tile. The head person of Nasa was on television today and evaded the question. I guess he felt it wasn't a problem. I'm no Rocket Scientist, but when there's a slight possibility that damage was caused it should have been checked out. Even if it meant sending up another Shuttle. Is it true that work done goes to the lowest bidder? I supported the Mars Mission, but now I'm not so sure, if Nasa is going to cut corners. It seems money is more important than human lives.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I wonder if the astronauts knew of the problem before they reentered ? Could it be possible that they knew, but had no alternative but to reenter or run out of life support ( The Columbia was the only shuttle which couldn't dock with the International Space Station ) ?

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by mad scientist]

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Challenger? You mean Columbia. And good point, if there was damage, they were screwed and had to come down sooner or later.

posted on Feb, 2 2003 @ 08:19 PM
link   
The astronauts did not have the equipment to go out and space walk. Sometimes they do have the equipment depending on their mission, but this time they didn't. As you've heard, NASA saw the insulation foam hit the wing from reviewing the video. They spent days consulting engineers and technicians and came to the conclusion that it would be safe to re-enter the atmosphere. They obviously made the wrong calculations and decision. This isnt the first time! In my opinion they should have sent up another vehicle to rescue the team and leave Columbia for space junk or try to bring it back by remote control if that option is available.

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by antigravity]

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
I just heard on the news that they found human remians fronm the crash and they are going to try and idenify the remains. How can there be human remains if the shuttle blew up?

...well unless every particle of the person was vapourised, or they miraculously defied gravity and floated around up there...then yes bits and pieces would eventually come down and land some place...

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   

How can there be human remains if the shuttle blew up?

they found many remains, even a mission badge.

My God, we are living hard times.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 04:47 AM
link   
at least it would have been quick.
looks like it was the insulating foam on take off.
nasty business.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Saying that it is NASA's fault is like saying it was America's fault that 9/11 happened.

So you're saying it's NASA's fault??

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
One quick question??

The reports said they found human remains??? Were they from someone on the ground...hit by a peice of the shuttle.
I may be wrong...but wouldn't all human remains have burned up re-entering the atmosphere. I do not know what the temps were but I would have to speculate that they were less than what cremators (msp?) use.
Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
What I'm wondering is how the three guys in the space station are gonna get back. I know they have the "life boat" re-entry pods, but I think that they were built in Russia, (and most likely by the lowest bidder). I dont think I'd like to trust one of them, But what options do they have.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just come from a website about TESLA -EMP- secret russians weapons : Here is a short extract :
I give non conclusions! I just try to analisys datas and
facts :

"Destruction of Challenger, January 1986 :

As the whole world knows it, the Challenger shuttle was launched from Cape Canaveral to Florida after exposure to unfavourable climatic conditions, and exploded disastrously little after takeoff.
The obviousness seems to indicate that, whereas the vehicle was rising in difficult condition, an end of its right booster rocket broke, was projected against the principal tank causing its rupture, a significant leakage of fuel, and a catastrophic explosion.

Several other anomalies exists still however, and it is clear that a problem existed with at least one of the joints of booster rocket. The seven astronauts on board flight all were killed in the violent destruction of the vehicle. Of course no-one had not become aware that the Soviets had already tested a ballistic anti-missile system in phase of launching (LPABM) against three of our preceding launchings of shuttles (cf: SOURCE). These "shootings with white" used a "time-offset deliberately" to shift the explosive emergence of electromagnetic energy in a place located on the trajectory of the shuttle which had just taken off.
The shootings of the shifted tests had as as result a great "boom" with the top of the site of launching after the shuttle left intact the zone, but the shuttles themselves did not destroy.
For example, the boom of the shifted shooting took place 12 minutes after launching at the evening of

November 26, 1985.

A tracing beam (great light in the sky) was even used on this launching little after takeoff. The tracing beam was photographed. Moreover another photograph taken of a sequence another sudden flash of light shows, descendant and finishing in an explosion of light. It was probably a test moved spatially of the "mode pulsated" for the destruction of the shuttle. Luminous "explosion" had to be detected in Soviet Union and located compared to its intentionally moved position.
However, another mechanism was used to cause the destruction of the shuttle itself.

January 1, 1986;

the presence of a signal reducing the resistance of metals, added on emissions EM scalars of Soviet systems LPABM, was detected by Frank Golden very surprised. It checked itself in experiments at this time, the capacity of the signal detected to reduce the resistance of metals. Golden delicious also cancelled locally the action of scalar signal EM in a rather conclusive test by establishing that there existed and what it was.

The signal had been apparently repared to be used against one launched of shuttle imminent. Right before launched shuttle in at the end of January 1986, Soviet had achieved a significant climatic handling on the U.S.A. The Jet Stream had been severely diverted towards the south in the medium of the United States, being still diverted towards the line to cross the "panhandle" of Florida.

Cold air from Canada was aspired very low, in Florida on the site of Challenger on his launching sites. This exposure to the cold in on this side its limits tested, was probably an additional factor which contributed to the catastroph of Challenger.
Positive signatures of the modification of the climate and handling of the Jet Stream by the Soviets were observed and photographed by several people, particularly in Alabama and California...

January 28, 1986,
The system of Soviet scalar weapon EM was suddenly localised in the zone of launching. The localization implied that higher frequencies were present; those HF are absolutely painful for the small brains such as those of the birds, whose hemispheres function like a detector and a scalar interferometer.

Like that was commented on by the presenters of national information, abnormously birds did not fly this morning. Instead of that, they remained on the ground or avoided the zone..."

More infos about Emp-secret russians weapons :
voltair.free.fr... (sorry, it's in french)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join