It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DUI Defendant Claims He Is His Own Country

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   

www.foxnews.com

EASTON, Pa. — A man accused of driving drunk said Pennsylvania courts have no jurisdiction over him because he's his own country. After seeing the paperwork that 44-year-old Scott Allan Witmer filed with the court claiming sovereignty, a Northampton County judge said Tuesday he cannot be released from jail until he gets a mental exam.

Witmer, who represented himself, said he believes police lack jurisdiction to pull him over. As he said in court: "I live inside myself, not in Pennsylvania."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
We have talked about this on ATS for awhile. This case comes down to jurisdiction that the courts really have over a free man. Is what some of us think here on ATS really true? Do the courts really have jurisdiction over a free man? If defended correctly he might be able to get off from the way that I see it. I find it funny they want to give him a mental exam. Is this just a cop out?

www.foxnews.com

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

"I live inside myself, not in Pennsylvania."

And where does yourself live? In pennsylvania right?

Does it matter anyway? If I'm visiting the US from Europe, and get caught for a DUI, why would the court have no jurisdiction over me? By visiting I accept the laws of a country.

And does he not have a US passport and SS-number? Doesn't that make him an illigal immigrant by his own admission? I don't live in the US, so if I go their I need a visum (or waiver). I don't think it's such a smart idea to claim you don't live in Pennsylvania.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by mybigunit

www.foxnews.com

EASTON, Pa. — A man accused of driving drunk said Pennsylvania courts have no jurisdiction over him because he's his own country. After seeing the paperwork that 44-year-old Scott Allan Witmer filed with the court claiming sovereignty, a Northampton County judge said Tuesday he cannot be released from jail until he gets a mental exam.

Witmer, who represented himself, said he believes police lack jurisdiction to pull him over. As he said in court: "I live inside myself, not in Pennsylvania."

This guy is right , He DOES live inside himself, he IS his own sovereign state, but the trouble he has is that he was using the roads of another state, and that state doesn't allow driving under the influence.
It's not about the courts trying to rule over a free man, if we could all do that to the courts then there'd be anarchy on the streets as people states would be running around doing whatever they wished to do, including rape, murder, theft etc. simply because its 'ok ' in their personal states charters.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Freedom is a personal choice. Every person is free to do whatever he wants, with no other conditions than karma. Karma I define as the energetic feedback of emotional action. What you do will tend, by an apparent law of atraction, to come back at you, or your spiritual peers. It's a universal energetic feedback mechanism, not a direct retribution. Although most of the time it will manifest as direct retribution, in some more contrived schemes it can take time for karma to manifest, as the events are further up a complex fractal.

What I just said won't make sense to all of you, but if you persevere to understand it I assure you it will click in.

This is relevant to the topic because, as far as the universe is concerned, you're already responsible for your own actions, everything has an energetic weight, either positive or negative, and action automatically balances out. Since ethics is based on this energetic model, everything will tend to be judged, the action already holds within itself it's own punishment. This is a bit counter intuitive, but can easily be seen in a myriad of real life examples, that go way beyond My Name is Earl. This is the reason most wealthy people who make their money from the work of others are usually unhappy, even angry, people. They are caught under the weight of their own karma, and their materialism gives them little happiness. This is why the people who do charity work are usually happy too. It's an energy thing, as can easily be experienced. Don't take my word for it, try it.

We recently gave some neighbours some food. They gave some fish back. It's the economics of nature. No price tag. No effort. Just energetic karma filling in for Adam Smith and cº.

This is all love or fear based, positive and negative. The people at the top of the pyramid probably know this and have built an empire on fear. Their biggest problem is people who build communities on love. This is why we are constantly being bombarded with fear based memetics. This is why the state wants to 'take care' of us, to break the love bonds with each other and have that energy focused on the ruling elite, the emotional black hole of psychopathic oligarchy. This is the NWO paradigm.

What this man did was the ultimate solution. He affirmed his individuality. He assumed himself as a free man. It takes courage and vision and will be instantly repressed. But if that floodgate ever does get opened by the people of the world tyranny will be reduced to the individual level.

Culture of freedom, if based on love, would kill the culture of fear.

As for me, I've not had need to break any laws, but I am in control of my own life. You can kill a free person, but you can't control them.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The only limit to freedom is the freedom of others. It's enforced by karma as I alluded to in the above post.

All freedom, to be true, needs to take this into account.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Double post

[edit on 12/3/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I fully agree that this man is his own sovereign state. But the problem arised when he left his backyard. Now he's in someone else's state. Maybe they should put trepassing charges on him.
What a joke. Just wasting more of our overburdened court's time. GUILTY! Send him to the slammer!

[edit on 12-3-2009 by geo1066]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Two words. "Social contract".

Regardless of personal sovereignty, you must accomodate that staus within the limits society, or the community, establishes as reasonable and legal.

Declaration of independance from the state is NOT something you bring up at a criminal proceeding to relieve yourself from the liabilities of your actions.

He needed a constitutional lawyer, not a criminal defender, to assist him to this end; as well as a different venue - not traffic court.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FreezeM

illegal immigrant. Made my morning.

...continuing on...I was reminded of the Family Guy episode, when Peter makes himself president of Petoria.

Of the two people I personally know who have declared something similar, one IS certifiably mentally ill and the other one, while eccentric, enjoys trying to not pay for things like child support, car tags, and speeding tickets.

The one who is eccentric says he has gotten out of traffic tickets by
declaring himself his own citizen to the officer. I think that the real reason he has gotten out of a 10 mile-an-hour-over speeding ticket is because the officer doesn't want to listen to his blather and gives him a quick warning to shut him up and get quickly away from my friend the nut.

"Render unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s, and unto God the things that are God’s.”

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by geo1066
I fully agree that this man is his own sovereign state. But the problem arised when he left his backyard. Now he's in someone else's state. Maybe they should put trepassing charges on him.
What a joke. Just wasting more of our overburdened court's time. GUILTY! Send him to the slammer!

[edit on 12-3-2009 by geo1066]

Sorry I beg to differ,what ever that means, but this man clearly has diplomatic immunity.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

The question is rather did he have a drivers license at any time in Pennsylvania? If he did he gave up his Rights to movement the moment he signed the License contract with the state, giving up his Sovereignty and is dumb...

Know who you are before you try claiming it in a Court, and make sure your paperwork is there to back you up. I have a letter from the Attorney general of the US and Colorado stating am not a US Citizen nor a Colorado Citizen but a Sovereign American Minnesota National, and guess what, I am my own country and those Courts don't have Jurisdiction over me and every traffic case to date has been dismissed for lack of Jurisdiction by then Courts...

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
This reminds me of when child rebukes you by saying"Your not my Boss".

I prefer to say "You Don't Own Me", but they own you, the only way to beat them is to blow brains out, then you can say HaHa I win, I'm saving that one for last resort.

This whole thing is bull though, the drunk driving thing, they say oh your so bad drunk driving, you could hurt someone.
Well then why in my state are they changing law so Bars are open until 4:00 oclock in morning. This is bull they don't care about people it's money, if anything the way the drunk driving laws are set up, they harm rather than help people as a whole.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal
reply to post by mybigunit

Know who you are before you try claiming it in a Court, and make sure your paperwork is there to back you up. I have a letter from the Attorney general of the US and Colorado stating am not a US Citizen nor a Colorado Citizen but a Sovereign American Minnesota National, and guess what, I am my own country and those Courts don't have Jurisdiction over me and every traffic case to date has been dismissed for lack of Jurisdiction by then Courts...

Dang your good, I couldn't figure out how to do it myself.

Did you make your own drivers lis., and did you lose anyother rights?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

No I just refuse to put myself under their jurisdiction and prefer to remain free man. There are downsides as to all things, I won't get SS but I don't pay SS, i don't get tax returns, but I don't pay taxes on income. The easiest way to think about this is to think of the American Indians, do you know what their status is? The are not US Citizens and local cops arent allowed on their reservations. They are Natural-Born Native Americans, so am I. I am not Indian ut i was Naturally-Born in Minnesota, and my Nation/State is Minnesota not the federal Union. Like I said know who you are before you try to make others believe you. There is a real process you must go through to do this, including not voting and removing your name from their voting roles, but voting makes you a Rebel or an Insurgent depending on the election.

As for the driving part their is actually other ways, legal in their constructs to beat them, check out the link below, I have used it over 10 times to have traffic tickets thrown out. I is a 29 page pdf of one of my filings the second link is the webpage that will show you how to become a Sovereign again and take yourself out of their system. You should check out he US Code on Nationalization. It gives you the legal means of removing yourself from the fed or State governments. 99.99% of American's are under their jurisdiction in one way or another and most times you don't even know what you're doing to yourself...

Right to Drive or Privilege?

Link to free yourself

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Haha, I like the way you think.

But was he a registered agent of the foreign government or un-registered?

He falls under the Foreign Agents Registration Act of 1938 because he "Represents the interests of a foreign principal before any agency or official of the U.S. government."(kinda sux since his body is the principal according to him) Since he considers himself a citizen of himself, he would be an agent of a foreign state, and he has been operating within the US for years without declaration. He is not a recognized foreign diplomat, official, or head of state and therefore does not qualify for DI.

He would receive 10yrs in prison and he wouldn't be going to white-collar resort prison. No, no, no. He'd be going to federal POUND ME IN THE ASS prison.

RuhRoh. Bad to worse.

new topics

top topics

join