It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tapout founder "Mask" killed in early morning auto accident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Tapout founder "Mask" killed in early morning auto accident

mmajunkie.com

by Dann Stupp on Mar 11, 2009 at 4:45 pm ET
"Mask," one of the popular real-life characters from MMA apparel giant Tapout, died early this morning in a automobile accident in California.

Mask, who's real name is Charles Lewis Jr., died when his red Ferrari Modena crashed into a utility pole in Newport Beach at approximately 1 a.m. local time.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
A little bit off topic for ATS I guess but I'm a huge mma fan, a USMC MMA instructor, and avid NWO exposer.

This strange guy who painted his face for everyday life, originated a clothing line the spread into a multi faceted buisness. TAPOUT an expresion of combat know worldwide was forged into tee-shirts and fight sponsors. They now sell all types of stuff on their website.

They took him and his buisness partners and launched a lightly entertaining show where the 3 partners owuld tour in a bus, searching the states for upcoming mma talent, they would sponsor the athlete's and watch them fight. Win or lose they know it's really about the heart.

So the money killed him.... as his 6 figure sports car was his final breathing space. Well I know him and I never met him. He had the warrior spirit and he would be pissed at himself for the whole thing. Warriors want a desperate battle, against a equal opponent.

He supported the www.fallenheroesfund.org... Intrepid fallen heroes.

Semper Fi Mask, I hope I don't go out like that!

mmajunkie.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
That's a shame. I was just watching WEC greatest knockouts and now UFC fighnight (repeats but still worth watching).

That cat was a bug out. Charismatic and outgoing personality. His legacy will live on in the memory of millions of fans and fighters alike. Especially the ones he took under his wing on the show.

Just goes to show that we should appreciate what we have and especially the ones we love because we aren't guaranteed anything in life.

God bless his soul and may he rest in piece.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Anyone smell a conspiracy here? Hehe . Sorry just had to ask. I know UFC is highly competitive and TapOut is associated with it , but who knows ? Maybe Dana set this guy up to take over the market. Just a thought , don't flame me for throwing ideas around.

Edit: Well his girlfriend survived , so .. she would know if something happened.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by nasacarl]

top topics

join