It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Case Ever! JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Absolutely positively one of the best cases of all time.
I don't see where a debunk has anything to take hold of.

It's very cut and dry. The size of the object alone puts it into
a realm that throws the usual suspects used by naysayers, out the door.
Not to mention, the quality of the witnesses, the radar etc etc.
Fantastic.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision
Nope . sorry. Not the best UFO case ever. Not even close. Well put together though, and good presentation.

This could actually be a good and real case, so do not hurry to dismiss. Alaska isn't very inhabited land is it.. according to source that say aliens reside beneath the poles., one could expect something not usual to be flying around there. Just like Siberia and the Death Valley...

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I totally forgot, but my cousin Kevin lived on base in Anchorage in the 80s-90s and was a aircraft control officer.

Retired now it may be a good idea to speak to him. Would you be interested in what he has to say?

How about this, pose one or two intriguing questions for him about the JAL flight and I'll call him up.

posted on Feb, 13 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   

AK907ICECOLD
reply to post by SLAYER69

I totally forgot, but my cousin Kevin lived on base in Anchorage in the 80s-90s and was a aircraft control officer.

Retired now it may be a good idea to speak to him. Would you be interested in what he has to say?

How about this, pose one or two intriguing questions for him about the JAL flight and I'll call him up.

Ask him everything he knows and remember about the case and spill it here.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I was watching an interesting program on ufo's and monsters in Alaska on the National Geographic Channel yesterday and they touched on this case. From my point of view this is indeed a solid hard to deny, unidentified flying object incident. I knew from memory the ufo was massive but I had no idea it was described as being the size of FOUR aircraft carriers. Wow. That's mind blowing. The other thing that stood out in my mind was the fact the JAL requested and was given ok to try to shake off the ufo and change direction, only to find after they did this, the object now seemed to be tailing them before disappearing. A fascinating sighting.
edit on 24am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

data5091
I was watching an interesting program on ufo's and monsters in Alaska on the National Geographic Channel yesterday and they touched on this case. From my point of view this is indeed a solid hard to deny, unidentified flying object incident.

No one should be getting "factual" information from these hyped up television shows. This isn't investigative reporting, it's sensationalized reporting. They will skip facts of a story to make it seem like an exciting tale. That's what sells after all.

I knew from memory the ufo was massive but I had no idea it was described as being the size of FOUR aircraft carriers. Wow. That's mind blowing. The other thing that stood out in my mind was the fact the JAL requested and was given ok to try to shake off the ufo and change direction, only to find after they did this, the object now seemed to be tailing them before disappearing. A fascinating sighting.

What's even more mind blowing is the fact that the co-pilot and navigator never saw this enormous "mothership". Only the Captain Terauchi saw it. He also just so happened to see "motherships" two other occasions, admitting it was probably only lights of a distant town. Two flights were also redirected to JAL 1628's air space to identify this mothership. Neither of those flights saw anything once JAL 1628 came into view. These are only part of the facts conveniently left out of this incident by these shows.

Of course, once you approach this case and convince yourself it's real, most believers still won't waiver. Many believers don't actually search out facts and do any personal investigation. They will settle for what they are told are the facts. This is the problem.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

To be fair, I have not received all information about this case just from ufo tv programs. I have also read in many books over the years, the same exact story, which has withstood the test of time.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by data5091

This has always been a favourite case of mine. Another good one is the 1994 ZImbabwe school sighting.

posted on Sep, 24 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
This is one of the best cases. But if I have to hear that FAA guy one more time say" this did not happen. we were never here" in that stupid voice that he always says it in, I'm going to explode. The man needs some new material. Would love to see an interview with the pilot. Perhaps even he's done find his desk.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: truetrue
This is one of the best cases. But if I have to hear that FAA guy one more time say" this did not happen. we were never here" in that stupid voice that he always says it in, I'm going to explode.

There is no doubt John Callahan(the FAA guy) enjoys retelling what happened, actually I think he is making an attempt at imitating the guy who said it. However skeptics are calling that into question b/c Bruce Maccabee said he attended the same meeting and there was no such declaration. I dont think John is lieing about what he was told, but the fact remains that Bruce was able to obtain at least some of the data without any problem. It would nice if the discrepancy of accounts was cleared up.

However the main reason for posting was to add some links to this thread if someone happens upon it on google like I did.

Link to Bruce's main write up of the incident. Very detailed.

Bruce also mentions this incident in a series called "The Failure of UFO Skepticism"

Mufon compiled a 377 page pdf of the articles relating, housed at the black vault. I didnt find it that useful.

Some critical arguments.
Bruce tells one magazine that it is odd the Pilot was the only one to see the "mothership" and that it could have possibly been a cloud as related here. Personally Im not sure why it was so hard for a plane cruising a few hundred mph found it so difficult to shake this supposed cloud.

Another critical link on the topic, imo, like most skeptical write ups, the incident isnt fully covered and details are glossed over.

posted on Feb, 10 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
So is this the BEST case ever? Karl, why didnt you chime in here !

I do think it one of the best cases, but not the best.

My top 2 currently would be

The Belgian wave because there were so many sightings, many by police officers, some of whom got a clean look at it while stationary at close quarters. Unsolved mysteries highlights a particular sighting as the ufo moves from one area to another
Part1
Part 2

and

Westall casein Australia, many students are able to observe the UFO in broad daylight just a few meters away.

Another insightful opinion on the best cases

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join