It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Best UFO Case Ever! JAL Flight 1628 Over Alaska

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bob Down Under

Thank you Bob Down, for pointing that out!!!

(and to think I apologized to the bloke!)

I had no idea he/she was trying to disrupt THIS thread by conflating a 9/11 conspiracy, via radar "manipulation" that, as many should NOT point out, since it's off-topic, is rather lame.

I border on OT, myself. SO......no more response of this kind, in deference to the OP, and the subject at hand.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Thank you Bob Down, for pointing that out!!!

(and to think I apologized to the bloke!)

I had no idea he/she was trying to disrupt THIS thread by conflating a 9/11 conspiracy, via radar "manipulation" that, as many should NOT point out, since it's off-topic, is rather lame.

I border on OT, myself. SO......no more response of this kind, in deference to the OP, and the subject at hand.

I go OT alot but still linked to the topic as such, but not to the extent of trying to debunk a thread and turn it into another topic just for arguments sake and one upmanship.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Sorry guys if it seems I tried to change the subject but I thought it was a valid comparison. I have no intent of Derailing the thread or Trolling. I am not a troll and if you read my posts I think it will be evident that I am opinionated, much like the rest of you who have questioned me.

I merely used the fact that radar can be manipulated in the background for exercises etc or hijack scenarios... that the ATC would probably be apart of and would identify blips that come up on their screen that say UNID ACFT when it would see the JAL1628 flight come up. Even if the second target is not really there. Is this irrational thinking? They have the ability to make blips appear on multiple radar sites. This is part of NORADs control.

Then I question the pilot. Yes he is a very honorable man. but maybe he was ridiculed when he returned because the populous heard that he sold out to the US government and made it up?? Impossible? No. Has any Japanese person lied in the past or can they not because they place honor before everything? Sorry about the stereotype again but this is a valid point at the moment. You have stated to me that this is a honorable man because of his culture. I guess there are no wrong doers in Japan. I also guess that no pilots with 29yrs experience have been accused of anything bad? With these two questions there is enough to doubt the story for me.

That's all I'm saying guys. I'm just questioning the messenger. If this was a 42yr pilot that came from ??? and you found out that he was proven guilty of tax evasion(a criminal offense) for 42yrs of piloting, would you believe his story? . So why is this man's word taken as gospel and not questioned? There doesn't appear to be much from the other two about the aircraft... maybe they didn't want to participate? These are all valid questions...

I'm as interested in UFOs as any of you. I've just been shown a little more in my life that makes me a little more skeptical than the average person. I hope you don't see my questioning as an attempt to derail your thread. What would the point be anyways? Your OP states "You be the Judge"... I hope that your other viewers are not attacked like I've been.

Sorry for any misinterpretation on your part...

Rgds

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether

Sorry guys if it seems I tried to change the subject but I stereotype again

Rgds

I have nothing but gratitude for your replies but I'm not here to prove anything other than present what was found and is available. Then I posted my opinion and offered you to judge for yourself.

I see that you have done exactly that and again I thank you for your participation. Having said that There is nothing that anybody can say nor do to convince you so be it. That's obviously not their lot in life. and neither is it mine!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

You be the judge.

Repeated TWICE

there is nothing that anybody can say nor do to convince you so be it. That's obviously not their lot in life. and neither is it mine!

So is this the whole point of your thread Slayer? When someone voices an opinion that is different than yours you try to change their ideas and when you can't you misquote them....

Ok thank you. I won't reply again..

A good evening to you all...
Peace

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

ATT....just for a moment....let's examine your contention that the radar can be manipulated 'from behind' (I get your meaning)....

One would have to be able to suspend disbelief....and infer that the actual people working the consoles wouldn't notice.

No....either it is a live feed, or it is a simulation in a training scenario...NOT both simultaneously.

EDIT....if you have proof of 'false' returns being inserted into the displays that the actual ATC people were looking at.....live, real time...man, what a conspiracy!

[edit on 3/12/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

That is where I stated that during 9/11 they admitted to inserting false blips with the ATCs real blips during their attack scenario. Because they've admitted to being able to do this I think we can assume it is possible. If you follow the 9/11 scenario they also had ATC stating that they didn't know the real from the false blips. I realize that some questions may seem to be an attempt to add other conspiracy theories but sometimes you just can't get away from it when creating an example to compare it to

Thanks for the response.

[edit on 12-3-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:26 AM
link   
very interesting case thanks for posting it.

i want to believe the Pilot just because he took a big risk in screwing up his career by coming forward with the story, so i don't see any motivational reasons for him to lie about this.

something i don't understand here is

this document...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8d89775187a8.jpg[/atsimg]

it say's

" Radar Data Recorded by Anchorage center does not confirm the presence of the traffic reported by flight 1628."

and from this link...

www.ufoevidence.org...

The military in Alaska does not use such computers, he said. "The military decided about a minute into this exercise that what it was seeing was clutter," he said. The Air Force did not send up an interceptor and is not investigating the matter, Steucke said. At the FAA center in Anchorage, controllers following the flight noted occasional second blips, or "split targets," on the screen near Flight 1628, Steucke said.

"That happens when the transponder aboard the aircraft is not electronically in sync with radar bouncing off the plane," he said. "We get an intermittent blip every three sweeps of the radar screen. It's not unusual. It has happened and it does happen.

the pilot claimed he seen a return on his onboard weather radar

the above information that i have brought for discussion, sorta puts the confirmed radar tracking claim of this ufo into a questionable area imo.

so is this another case where we only have witness testimony to validate the sighting ?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Well, thank YOU for your response, AllTied....

Although we are NOT discussing 9/11....I will agree that prior to that date, and after that date, simulations were likely practiced.

IF it was a terrible co-incidence that a 'drill' happened to be scheduled on that day, then it is just....a terrible co-incidence.

I can only use my experience in Airline training as an example. When you 'drill', you know it is not real....but there are written and briefed procedures to follow, because it is 'practice'. It is designed to best simulate events, without putting anyone in real danger.

For instance....we are trained in the inflatable rafts that are installed on airplanes certified for extended overwater ops (ETOPS).

mods....stay with me, topic comes up...

In airline training, you do the pool thing ONE time!!! In a pool, a relatively controlled condition. Rest of time, it is refresher....where the EMER stuff is, how to raise the canopy, etc. (this time, in a Hangar or classroom).

A Simulator....again....fairly well scripted, but the skills are honed, through repetition.

I would venture to say that ATC professionals undergo similar training, and re-current training excercises.

BUT!!! Not near midnight, while working normal shifts. While working live airplanes.

You simply do not throw a distraction, un-briefed, at someone on a live 'flight'.

This simple fact...the time of day (late night) and the scarcity of other air traffic (in Alaska) makes this a very solid UFO sighting, which also implies ET origins.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

easynow....from the FAA ATC tapes....the JAL pilot (I assume the Captain's voice on the tape) requests a turn....the Anchorage ARTCC controller authorizes.

Will have to listen again, for details....but, knowing how pilots think....IF there was imminent risk of collision, the pilot would react first, then tell ATC what he just did.

IF he felt he could maneuver clear, but no imminent danger of collision, he'd likely ask permission.

It is interesting, and without sounding 'sterotypical'.....that the Captain took full brunt.....although, we haven't heard of the dispostion of the other two in the cockpit, I'll assume they stayed silent.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

thanks weedwhacker,

i don't have any problems in believing the Pilot's story and that he seen something that made him request a turn.

i am just not seeing any official confirmation of a ufo being tracked on the radar because i am assuming the data can be interpreted in different way's

so is this just another ufo story that all we have is witness testimony as proof of it happening ?

just trying find the truth here

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

You know what, easy?

I saw the same video you did....but, I heard a certain realism in the recordings....although the History Channel, as I've said, 'glammed'it up a bit....I can listen with my eyes closed, and visualize.

That last bit may not make sense.....in an active ATC environment, a pilot who listens well will have a sort of '3d' sense of what's going on around him....just by listening to the frequency he's on.

(IN the JAL incident, it was late, there were no other scheduled airplanes...)

In 1986 we did not yet have TCAS (you can look it up, maybe). Would have been useless, anyway, because the bogeys didn't have transponders squawking Altitude and IVSI info!!!!

I'm saying this is an interesting incident because: A non-American civilian chose to step forward, at the risk of his reputation, although it happened in US Airspace. The FAA ATC tapes, that were not supressed.....an oversight, perhaps? Cojuld be the late night, the break-down of Command and Control that usually motivates to quell the outbreak of this sor tof information....stuff gets through their grasp, then it's 'damage control' mode, to modify, deflect, and impugn. AND ridicule...is that the same as 'impugn'? Could be.

EDIT....was going to fix typos....but....stet instead! You're smart enough to understand them.....

[edit on 3/12/0909 by weedwhacker]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   

reply to post by SLAYER69

You be the judge.

Repeated TWICE

there is nothing that anybody can say nor do to convince you so be it. That's obviously not their lot in life. and neither is it mine!

So is this the whole point of your thread Slayer? When someone voices an opinion that is different than yours you try to change their ideas and when you can't you misquote them....

Ok thank you. I won't reply again..

A good evening to you all...
Peace

Your at it again!

This sucks of self pity, just because everyone does not flock to your opinions and your playing that to the max! and this is realy pissing me off.

Now you will go off and sulk to try and get attention.

Sorry to go of topic guys but you no me?

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Bob Down Under]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Rgds

I have nothing but gratitude for your replies but I'm not here to prove anything other than present what was found and is available. Then I posted my opinion and offered you to judge for yourself.

I see that you have done exactly that and again I thank you for your participation. Having said that There is nothing that anybody can say nor do to convince you so be it. That's obviously not their lot in life. and neither is it mine!

And thats exactly what we are here for!

Politness, Presentation and being social to other members and not bull# bugging the presenting poster who is delivering the info.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Im betting that the best ufo case Ever, was 1000's of years ago, and havent happend yet (again).

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChemBreather
Im betting that the best ufo case Ever, was 1000's of years ago, and havent happend yet (again).

Why? And what case?

I see what you're saying, but unfortunately, nothing related to UFOs 1000 years ago can be proven, much less even analyzed. We've got some cave art...

How much are you betting?

- Strype

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
I see what you're saying, but unfortunately, nothing related to UFOs 1000 years ago can be proven, much less even analyzed. We've got some cave art...

This case from the USO thread is quite a fascinating one:

Utsoru Encounter of ancient Japan -possibly one of the first ever stories or reports of a USO.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Some very interesting pictures and a truly strange story:

Starts at 0:55
www.youtube.com...

----

Internos -your welcome,one of the best threads here IMHO

I've read that a couple of months later,an Air Force KC-135 Stratotanker also encountered a similar (huge) object in the same area of sky...but can't find the link.
Cheers

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Some questions:

What were conditions in the sky like that night? Did they have clear-skies at their altititude?

Is it even possible for something that size to fly in Earth's atmosphere and gravity?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanks for the information I have learnt alot from this thread. I remember hearing about this a long time ago and its great to rekindle the same intriguness and enquisitiveness I had back then.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by internos

Awesome reply and thanks I was working on linking about half of the sources you did

Also I was just in the prosses of uploading some pics to the media center and getting ready for posting some of them.
Thanks for saving me the leg work.

Internos goes above and beyond the means required when offering information. Passionate would be the word I choose. Both of you here have made this thread excellent.

S&F and thanks for bringing this to the front, I'd never heard of it before.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join