It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting theory

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Well, I�ve been wondering about UFO�s and Aliens for awhile, especially the famous greys. I have a theory that I think is somewhat interesting. A cyborg is part flesh, part machine. Humans already are going towards this area, with hearing aids, mechanical arms, hearts, etc. Obviously, if a race is advanced enough to come here, they have extremely advanced �cyborg tech.� As time goes on, more and more human body parts are going to be mechanical, to make up for our shortcomings. Soon we will have computers that are smarter, or just as smart as a human brain. Wouldn�t it make sense, if an alien species also had this capability, and at a far more advanced rate than we do? What if the popular species of aliens called as the greys, are actually cyborgs engineered by the actual real alien race back at home? Wouldn�t it makes sense to send robots on interstellar travel? What if an alien society is all robots? Robots that create other robots, because their creator species died out thousands of years ago. I don�t know, but I like this theory, and I want your guys opinion because of the motto �deny ignorance.�

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
what's to say though that something won't happen like in the novel "a girft from earth" by larry niven? in it people are cut up for just about any offense and the body parts put into organ banks for the higher classes. they're kept alive then by using these body parts.

if you would to to read the book, read my post no further. i'm about to give away the ending...

the gift from earth is genetically engineered creatures which would replace organs and body parts in the human body. what's to say something like that couldn't happen in the future as well? science fiction does have a tendency to become fact, afterall.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I've been wondering about the same.

The term 'cybernetics' was coined in 1948 by Norbert Weiner in his book by the same name.

I've heard speculation the idea of cyborgs might have originated from what was discovered during the autopsies of the Roswell alien bodies in 1947. I wonder if any researchers have found a connection between Norbert Weiner and the purported Roswell event.

In 1960, Manfred Clynes and Nathan Kline advanced the idea of using Weiner�s theory as a means of preparing human astronauts for space flight. Clynes and Kline coined the term 'cyborg' (for cybernetic organism) to refer to the blending of humanity and technology or man and machine. Their speculations resulted in a 1963 NASA report, 'Engineering Man for Space: The Cyborg Study.'

Did NASA have inspiration for this idea in the form of ET/UFO physical evidence?

Excerpts above are taken from the following webpage:
www.cbhd.org...

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
More likely in the future we wont use mechanical replacements but biological ones grown in labratories etc.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Interesting theory. Of course this theory is based upon the second theory that Aliens visit the Earth...and the second one is based on the first theory that there's even OIL. A third generation theory can still be interesting but can never be more than that until the first 2 are proven.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:48 AM
link   
the robot computer brain will never be as smart as the human brain because it lacks emotion. Also it can process mathamatical problems in seconds but it lacks logical thinking.

PS. Sorry about my absence I was in England the past month visitng the UK. Great time went to stonehenge and NewGrange. Its good to be back.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Preest
Interesting theory. Of course this theory is based upon the second theory that Aliens visit the Earth...and the second one is based on the first theory that there's even OIL. A third generation theory can still be interesting but can never be more than that until the first 2 are proven.

Well done, Preest, keep up the good work...!!

A great many assumptions were made in the initial post here, but as he says its just theory.

Humankind has sent various rovers and probes out into space to discover as much info' as possible without the lose of life. So, it would be logical to assume that if OIL did exist they would probably initiate exploration using similar if not more advanced methods.

However, if you discover OIL on another planet, do you continue to send rovers, probes or robots, or do you initiate contact?

What reasons would you have for not initiating contact?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GODFLESH
Soon we will have computers that are smarter, or just as smart as a human brain.

Well I doubt that very much, we barely understand our brain as it is, to recreate it is beyond anything at this point.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
When I say having computers as smart or smarter than the human brain, and when I say soon, I mean in the next 100 or so years from now.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Preest, If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?And what ufo phenomena have you deeply researched or been a part of?If you don't want to answer it is okay, I was just trying to find out why you don't believe anything?Do you believe anything?Are you going to just stay in the nuetral zone, or are you going to chose a side, really I'd like to know?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhova
Preest, If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?And what ufo phenomena have you deeply researched or been a part of?If you don't want to answer it is okay, I was just trying to find out why you don't believe anything?Do you believe anything?Are you going to just stay in the nuetral zone, or are you going to chose a side, really I'd like to know?
I'm a writer. As for the UFO phenomenon and how long I've been studying it...I've eaten, slept and breathed the supernatural and unexplainable for going on 23 years.

Do I believe in anything? Yes, I do. Do I plan to "choose" a side? Aside from the fact that you just sounded extremely cult-like...I'm not quite positive what those "sides" would be in your mind. Feel free to elaborate.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Well that is nice that you are or were a writer at some point in time (would you like a toostie pop for that or something?).And it is nice that you have studied the paranormal for sometime, but it seems you have regressed in your thinking.I bet you still think the government are nice people, right, having the people in it's best interest?As far as my beliefs, I will tell you one thing, the simple fact that space is infinite and that anything can and probably is out there, means over millions of possibilities. You saying that aliens could exist, but they could not or were not doing something is YOUR own opinion.WHo are you to say what they have or not done, just because you don't like it.It does not make sense to say one thing and follow it up with the other.CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SPACE IS INFINITE AND WE HAVE NOT SEEN VIRTUALLY ANY OF IT, how in the hell can you make an assumption like, "aliens exist, but they could not have done this or that" please explain to me why?Is that elaborate enough.Plus, I question whether or not you have experienced anything in your life to make you think critically anyway!I come from nothing, and the best things and ideas always come from it.Where do you come from, the suburbs?Some nice little town in Omaha or something like that?I have been to hell and back, and still reside there, so please quit trying to blow me off like I am dumb...Please believe I am not!!

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oh, don't worry about my language, I am from the streets, and I talk like this on a day to day basis!Cult...ain't that a b1tch!!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by jhova]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Jay Z is highly overrated.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Oh, don't worry about my language, I am from the streets, and I talk like this on a day to day basis!Cult...ain't that a b1tch!!

[Edited on 19-4-2004 by jhova]

Yeah o.k but whilst on ATS keep it civil please

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Well that is nice that you are or were a writer at some point in time (would you like a toostie pop for that or something?).And it is nice that you have studied the paranormal for sometime, but it seems you have regressed in your thinking.I bet you still think the government are nice people, right, having the people in it's best interest?As far as my beliefs, I will tell you one thing, the simple fact that space is infinite and that anything can and probably is out there, means over millions of possibilities. You saying that aliens could exist, but they could not or were not doing something is YOUR own opinion.WHo are you to say what they have or not done, just because you don't like it.It does not make sense to say one thing and follow it up with the other.CAN YOU UNDERSTAND THAT SPACE IS INFINITE AND WE HAVE NOT SEEN VIRTUALLY ANY OF IT, how in the hell can you make an assumption like, "aliens exist, but they could not have done this or that" please explain to me why?Is that elaborate enough.Plus, I question whether or not you have experienced anything in your life to make you think critically anyway!I come from nothing, and the best things and ideas always come from it.Where do you come from, the suburbs?Some nice little town in Omaha or something like that?I have been to hell and back, and still reside there, so please quit trying to blow me off like I am dumb...Please believe I am not!!
You're rambling and overly excited. I never limited any alien lifeform...I simply stated that this persons theory hinges on another theory...that seems to have blossomed in your head into several different unrelated topics. You're acting way to erratic for me to debate anything with you. The government is not "nice" no more or less than most "christian" churches, militias, cults or loony bin breeding ground forums.

Have I experienced anything that could make me think critically? If you mean...have I "experienced" some sort of delusional alien paranoia like many of you on this board have? No. I have experienced things in my life that could be called unexplainable but those are personal. No need to drag up any strangeness in order to relate to you.

You're living in hell? With...the internet?

I don't live in the "burbs". I live off of 18th street and Racine Ave. in the Pilsen community of Chicago. Pilsen has been deemed the worst gang hot spot in the country second only to East L.A....don't come at me like I'm you. I've lived real life horror and have 2 gunshot wounds to prove it. My life is a living testament to overcoming surroundings and upbringing.

You show alot of gum doggy but you don't have the canines to debate me which is why you've lowered yourself to a "who's tougher than who" contest. Weak.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by Preest]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
So much for my topic

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

So much for my topic
I agree but there's only so much discussion a theory will get.

I find your theory interesting though...I truly believe though that if there is aliens, they're probably not cybernetic. Chances are they'd be genetically engineered. Just my thoughts on that.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

So much for my topic

Well some members are un-civil sorry to say

As for your topic are you trying to say that the human race is heading towards extinction?

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
Well some members are un-civil sorry to say

As for your topic are you trying to say that the human race is heading towards extinction?
My apologies to GODFLESH and the ATS Mods who have to use cattle prods to get the crowd settled after my posts.

I can see where GODFLESH is going with his theory but as I stated above...I would think "aliens" would be genetically altered or created before they would be cybernetic but then it's all unprovable...interesting idea nonetheless. It's funny, he actually touched on the same theory I had except my was formulated in terms of future human evolution, not alien lifeforms.

[Edited on 4-19-2004 by Preest]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join