It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien helped build Puma Punku

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Yeah I saw this too on that program about Ancient Astronauts.

I was pretty intrigued myself so later I went online and went searching for more information... I have to say I was disappointed with what I've found it. While it still seems to be quite a feat to maneuver and work with those stones, there's been a lot of misinformation and exaggerations about this site.

Great points have already been made here. Most importantly, the site has been properly dated and proved to be less than 2,000 years old.

If interested, there's an older discussion here that has many answers, including statistical information, that pretty much debunks the "mystery" of Puma Punku.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by enir nabu

LOL that was what I thought when I saw the thread and the date. someone else watched ancient aliens the other night.

Do I believe the timing is a coincidence? no.
WHy not just state where you got your information from to begin with rather than calling it a refresher. At any rate they had a good point about the site and it is one that is not highly discussed so perhaps more ought to be done to evaluate the possibilites of the site and its origins.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
"Please... if a highly advanced species decided to build something for us then why would they use rocks. I am sure they would be able to do a lot better. This is just reaching and that is all it is"

When Nuclear waste sites are sealed and topped off, a marker is used to designate the site as Hazardous and toxic. After deliberation and debate, a material was chosen that lasts tens of thousands of years and resist weather, flood, cold, heat, and still able to warn of nature of the waste site.
The material is Granite. ( rock )

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
reply to post by enir nabu

LOL that was what I thought when I saw the thread and the date. someone else watched ancient aliens the other night.

Watched it also. Thought the same thing. TS, even quotes the program verbatim saying Humans built it, but were guided by Alien hands.

None the less interesting subject.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Yes it is quite a fascinating site. My opinion is that this site was built by the "aliens" which were actually the angels that were cast out of their former dwelling place by God.

It was torn apart, I would guess again by God because they were enslaving His master creation-->humans and messing with our DNA to create giants, which, with some estimated to have been up to 13 feet tall, might have been able to greatly help move those huge blocks.

But more than likely, this was built by the former right hand angel of God-->Lucifer, and his followers.

Too many things make perfect sense for it to have been built by any other group of beings, not the least of which is even today we couldn't duplicate it.

This is of course far out to many who have not been witness to God's power, which I have...so it is no stretch in the least for me to accept this theory which makes perfect sense.

or for anyone who hasn't read Michael Tsarion.

I've watched that show a while back, and it was the first time i heard of it then. the place is truly amazing.

didn't they try to link Egyptian building methods to this as well. the way the stones interlocked with the metal piece.

there was a temple that the Egyptians built that was amazing by the time, and one of the pharaohs decided to hijack it and put his name on it, making the building seem much younger than it actually was. Ill look up sources on this. i want to say it was temple of Ramses but i dont know right now.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Well those are impressive. We have numerous large stone structures all over the world that "seem" impossible for ancient man to have moved/constructed. Either they are all "alien" made or they are all legit and we still haven't figured out how they did it.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a look at wikipedia reveals a little about granite itself

en.wikipedia.org...

1. we really dont know how granite is made, but we have a few theories.
2. granite "rocks" (sorry i know) as it doesnt wear away very easy.
3. lots of things are built out of it. cus it doesnt wear away. they even used it as the rails for a trainstation (Haytor Granite Tramway, Devon, England) and its was those curling blocks are made of. egyptians used it for the pyramids

also they mentioned the use of emery (like the fingernail board) to cut it.
en.wikipedia.org...(mineral)

they could have cut the stones with friction, kinda like using sandpaper to cut. or like a demolition saw.

however, Naxos is a long ways away from lake titicaca (i love that lake name)

The Greek island of Naxos used to be the main source of this industrially important rock type. It has been mined on the eastern side of Naxos for well over two thousand years until recent times. However, demand for emery has decreased with the development of sintered carbide and oxide materials as abrasives.

as for moving the blocks......... i have no clue. maybe they wished it into place....

or built a HOVERCRAFT TRAILER WITH ALL THE VILLAGERS BLOWING AT ONCE TO LIFT IT!!!??? and 3 guys to push it. billows maybe.... who knows thats insane that they could make it to begin with

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I agree. Rocks are good for building some things, but if the aliens/time travelers really wanted to leave a message for us folks in the future, I'd be a lot more impressed by a large statue made out of plastic. Like a Bob's Big Boy or something.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by Nohup]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
I dont understand the basis of stating the age of Tiwanaku or Puma Panku as 15,000 years...

What is the basis of these measurement?

I have read that Tiwanaku started as a small agricultiure oriented village around 1500 BCE. it doesnt mean that the folks then jumped up into action and constructed the majestic structures right from the start.

The settlement grew into urban propotions between 600 AD and 800 AD and collapsed around 1000 AD.

But does this still account for 15,000 years????

Please check this link for a good paper on the radiocarbon dating of Tiwanaku.
Dating the Tiwanaku State

again......15,000 year old??

I would like to see some evidence of this as well. Where did 15,000 years come into play? However, I do think that it is possible that this site was pre-existing when a group of Meso-Americans came and built a settlement around the existing structures. It wouldn't be the first time this happened in South America. I remember reading that an archaeologist theorized this as the case for Teohuanaco(sp?). That site once was next to a farely large lake (evidence being the dry lake bed existing today, and the findings of a harbor leading out into the dry lake bed). Some geologist stated that the lake bed dried up some 5,000 to 8,000 years ago. So to me, in my mind, it is completely plausible that this site is much older than the evidence we see there today leads us to believe. When the lake dried up, so did the settlement, and many years later was repopulated by some group of people. It could have been people fleeing from the conquest of the Aztecs, who knows.

I will try to find some references to the above pieces of info, but to simply poo-poo this speculation as completely impossible is ignorant. And we are supposed to deny ignorance!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons
Puma Punku is now understood to be at least 14,000 years old, essentially, right out of the stone age.

The site has been unquestionably dated to 550 AD.

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons"Cave men" were able to build the most sophisticated stone work the world has ever seen.

"Cave Men" is a perjortive term. Ask Geico.

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons200-450 ton stones, made from Diorit, which is a material that can only be cut with diamonds.

The stones are primarily red sandstone and some andesite, which is a form of diorite. If diorite is so hard to carve, how'd the egyptians carve the urn at the following link, 4000 years before Pumapunku was built:
Diorite Urn

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasonsEven more impressive is the exact cuts they made in the stones, 1 cm deep, not one millimeter off from edge to edge.

You're claiming here that the indians in Bolivia in 550 AD were using the Metric system.

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons They also cut stone in such a perfect way so that they would be assembled like Legos, interlocking for premium strength. There are no trees around, so the crap they feed us about stones being rolled does not fit here.

The quarry is straight across the lake from the site. The stones were no doubt floated there on rafts.

Originally posted by UnitedSatesofFreemasons Some now speculate if they used some kind of metal to hold the stones together when in place. Not that the interlocking system wouldn't be enough...

The metal clips were used in several different sites much older than Tiwanaku or Pumapunka, in various places around South America.

Harte

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
while some dumb youtube hoax will go on 10 pages,,,, this probably won't and may be the best evidence to date of extra terrestial visitation

I don't think so.

The site, Tiwanaku, has been constantly looted since the area went into decline after 700 AD. It's beautiful and the stonework was better than the Aztecs who succeeded them, but it fails on a number of counts where "alien is the only explaination."

(for those who would like to see more about the place, check out Wikipedia as a starting point)
en.wikipedia.org...

Why isn't it convincing as an "alien site"?

Because the stonework in the area shows the technique gradually improving over the centuries.

In addition, the joints in the stonework can be seen very clearly: www.jqjacobs.net...

Compare that with the stonework in the Tower of London's chapel. There's more regularity to the stones and they're using complex columns and arches : en.wikipedia.org...:Whitetowerchapel.jpg

Even the ancient Egyptians used blocks of a more regular size, rather than hammering down what was available:
www.egypt-nile.co.uk...

Or the temple of Ramses at Abu Simbal (made out of granite):
picasaweb.google.com...

We have many examples dating to that time and earlier of monumental construction. None of it rivals, for instance, construction techniques of the early 1900's... like this courthouse of very hard red Texas Granite:
www.waymarking.com...

There's the exquisite Taj Majal:
en.wikipedia.org...:Taj_Mahal_in_March_2004.jpg

Or the stunning Salisbury Cathedral:
www.salisburycathedral.org.uk...

...but THAT was all the aliens could do? Grab local stone and put together a town and pier for locals? With irregular shapes and surfaces (not polished to a mirror polish like the ancient Egyptians did) and no delicate lacework or advanced and unusual shapes like a tower 800 feet high and reinforced with unusual compounds?

No cement?

They had advanced technology but could only carve faces from limestone?

I would expect a building by aliens to appear to be a thing of seamless joints and micro-precision rock block standards, with measurements of the height of every building so exact that we couldn't find any deviations. I would expect a covering on the granite so that it wouldn't chip or erode and complex interiors with multiple chambers. And plumbing. And unusual holes and plugs and outlets where devices were placed.

I wouldn't expect aliens to leave behind tool marks.

I don't see any sense in a race of aliens traveling zillions of light years to build a small town on a planet... a town that would be the equivalent of us living in shelters made of twigs and bushes, using stones to cut the twigs and bushes.

Frankly, I expect aliens to have better design and construction techniques. And a good grade of cement to allow the architectural spaces to conform to needs.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahtoosacks

there was a temple that the Egyptians built that was amazing by the time, and one of the pharaohs decided to hijack it and put his name on it, making the building seem much younger than it actually was. Ill look up sources on this. i want to say it was temple of Ramses but i dont know right now.

You got it! It was the temple of Abydos in Egypt. And it was dear old Ramses II (also known as Ramses the Great and "User-maat-re Setep-en-re".

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TH3ON3
Yes it is quite a fascinating site. My opinion is that this site was built by the "aliens" which were actually the angels that were cast out of their former dwelling place by God.

It was torn apart, I would guess again by God because they were enslaving His master creation-->humans and messing with our DNA to create giants, which, with some estimated to have been up to 13 feet tall, might have been able to greatly help move those huge blocks.

But more than likely, this was built by the former right hand angel of God-->Lucifer, and his followers.

Too many things make perfect sense for it to have been built by any other group of beings, not the least of which is even today we couldn't duplicate it.

This is of course far out to many who have not been witness to God's power, which I have...so it is no stretch in the least for me to accept this theory which makes perfect sense.

Wow. Interesting theory to say the least... Might I ask exactly what you witnessed that you're calling God's power? That many of us.. misfortunate folk have not been able to see?

I'm not going to pretend I have any idea how this site was created, or by whom. Though, in my honest opinion, I'd be willing to bet it wasn't created by giants. If giants roamed the earth 14,000 years ago, I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'd have quite a bit of evidence supporting this, considering we've got plenty of evidence that dinosaurs existed 65 MILLION years ago.

Edit: Sp

- Strype

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Strype]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
For those who didn't check out Bizone's link:

The true age of Tiwanaku has been determined, hundreds of radio carbon dates have been collected from the site, not one of them is older than 2000 years. ... It has [been determined] by professional archaeologists with professional equipment, not amateurs like Posnansky almost 100 years ago who worked before radio carbon dating was heard of, nor Rolf Mueller who's results were obtained and deliberately falsified as propoganda for the Nazi party who were claiming it had been built by ancient Aryans. ... The largest stone at Tiwanaku is known as the Bennet Monolith. It was moved and stood in a park in La Paz for a number of years before being moved back again. It didn't weigh anyway near 460 tons.

Source

Theres been so much crap written about this site I'm not surprised you're having trouble understanding the truth. so far its been claimed it was built by, Atlanteans, Lemurians, Aryans, Aliens, just about anybody but local indigenous people, who incidentally all the artwork its covered with culturally originates with. And ... the earliest South American civilisation anywhere on that continent is found in the Supe Valley, Norte Chico culture in Peru and dates from 3000bce.

Source
Source

There's plenty of other information on the link he posted as well. If you're intrigued by this topic, I highly suggest reading it. Thanks Bizone.

Here it is again

- Strype

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Heres something ive benn pondering for some time.

Why is it that only the indians from central and south america built great stone structures, and cities?

Why did not any tribe from north america acheive the same thing, given that they all started on an equal footing.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by punkinworks09

Thats because The Natives of North america were more Environment friendly, regarding Nature as a God. All they did build on a grand scale was mound cities like Cahokia, Moundville, Angel Mounds etc...

Whereas, the natives of south America were like us...destroying nature all around them..breaking down rocks and constructing them etc.....perhaps

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I don't know why, but the link I gave to a Predynastic Egypt carved diorite vase dating to 3600 BC didn't come through, so I'll try again.
5600 year old carved diorite vase

Harte

[edit on 3/12/2009 by Harte]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
One of your sources is World Weekly News....

Rubbish!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Hey there everyone... i was just wondering.... but these stones and the way they are settled look a lot like the ones standing on the moon ( that video from back then).... maybe i'm going crazy but they look alot like it.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by riggs2099

wow -10052 points, I bet you're an alien

[edit on 13-3-2009 by reject]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join