It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Civil Service employees & military DoD....Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Hello, My husband is a civil service employee and has never been in any of the armed forces....strictly civilian employment for the DoD. The other day he got a letter in the mail from the DoD asking him to fill out a survey. The 2009 Status of Forces Survey of DoD civillian Employees. He has been working for them for about 4 years and this is the first survey he has received. It is by the DMDC from HRSAP. I have done some research on these surveys and from what I have gathered they are for people in a branch of the armed forces asking them questions to try to make better insentives for them to stay in the military. I was just wondering if any non military strictly civilian employees have ever recieved this survey.
I felt it was odd that he got this survey after Obama made the Civilian Expeditionary Workforce NUMBER 1404.10. in which the directive suggests that the DoD will at first seek volunteers to serve in the civilian workforce, section 4, subsection (e) paragraph (2) states:

Management retains the authority to direct and assign civilian employees, either voluntarily, involuntarily, or on an unexpected basis to accomplish the DoD mission.
I told him it was so they could use him for this purpose and he dosn't believe me so, I had to ask the question. Have any other civilians for the DoD received this survey prior to 2009? thanks

[edit on 3/7/2009 by concerned190]

[edit on 3/7/2009 by concerned190]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Does anyone know? Am I being paranoid?
thanks

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I have worked with the DoD, and I had a survey (Mandatory) that I had to fill out. i had never been in any branch of the service. But i had to fill it out before I got the job. But If I am thinking right, The gov't had the choice already they can move your husband as they see fit. My ex-father-in-law for example, was sent to Afganistan to add armor to humvees and such, but shipped somewhere else. I cant rember where but it was a hot spot for IED and mortars, He didn't know hwere he was going or for what cause. But he was moved unwillingly. And yes he was over seas as a civlian, in the DoD.
Also my friends and family even had to fill out survey about me and my state of mind, after i got the job.
i dont know if this will help but it might get the wheels turning somewhat

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I work for the dod and had to fill out a mandatory survey. Your boss can ask you to work somewhere else but you can refuse where I work. They tell you if they need you to work somewhere else if you refuse they can cut your hours and give them to someone who will.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thanks....This one is not a mandatory one. I just found it odd he received it after the Civilian Expeditionary Workforce has been announced.

new topics

top topics

join