It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very strang light over florida

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I live in Florida and i was walking my dogs and when i turned back there was this VERY bright ball of light that shot straight up, at first i thought it could be a flare or Chinese lantern and such. And then it stopped and sat there for a second and i kept watching it and then all of a sudden it looked like it got rocket boosters on it or something and it changed direction. I ran inside with my dog and i got my video camera and was turning it on while rushing outside but when i got back out there the light wasn't there. So i looked around and another very bright light fell down from the sky and disappeared behind a tree line.

There's been a few strange things happening in the sky around here recently so ill be keeping a video camera with me from now on.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
There was a night launch from KSC last night.

What direction were you facing? Could this be what you witnessed?:

www.nasa.gov...

Regards...KK

[edit on 7-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:30 AM
link   
that could very well be what i saw!
ill look for pictures of it to see if it matches

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I may have seen it as well. It's called "Kepler."

C'mon, man. Just a tiny bit of due diligence, please...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   
yea that was it iam pretty sure...

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
REPLY TO POST BY ITSTHEQUESTION:

I suspect legacyv is a relative newcomer by their register date.

I was happy to help in this case.

I suggest you re-read your Desiderata signature before you so quickly cast dispersions.

Regards...KK

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by legacyv

I saw it while i was driving north on 95 near north Mia. Didn't know about the launch and had never seen one. Almost crashed watcing it. Went behind a cloud before I could get camera out....

But friend, there is no 'I'm pretty sure that's what I saw.' It should be 'yes, that's what I saw.'

There is nothing weaker then a person convincing themselves they have seen a UFO. It's a mystical experience. I have thought that i saw a UFO on different 10 occasions, then when I really did see one (actually was 3 silver lights over Sedona AZ) I finally understood the difference. I felt different. It was as if i had taken a drug and had a visionary experience.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

I hear you. I don't intend to offend anybodies sensitive sensibilities. That said, I still don't find my post so inflammatory. Thank you for being the volunteer police squad.

[/teasing]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
OK, I'll just write you a warning this time.

But you'll need to attend "Desiderata Driving School."

( Just teasing back.) Karma is a boomerang.

Back on topic:

I really wanted to stay up to see if I could see the launch from Tampa.
(Opposite side of state.) But the Sandman abducted me.

Regards....KK

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Z.S.P.V.G.

But friend, there is no 'I'm pretty sure that's what I saw.' It should be 'yes, that's what I saw.'

There is nothing weaker then a person convincing themselves they have seen a UFO. It's a mystical experience. I have thought that i saw a UFO on different 10 occasions, then when I really did see one (actually was 3 silver lights over Sedona AZ) I finally understood the difference. I felt different. It was as if i had taken a drug and had a visionary experience.

There are something worse, though, and that is people being rude to other people for only asking a sincere and in no way rude question.

And why would he say "YES that's what I saw!", if he may not be 100 % sure?

Anyway.. Hope the creater of the Thread got the mystery solved.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
NASA is launching another unresearched flying object tonight.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Nightchild

I agree, when the post crosses over into legitimate rudeness. We often forget, in this hateful global society of OURS, that rudeness, even in word, even on-screen, has lasting effect.

That said, I would guess that most/all of us have found ourselves enduring a touch+ of frustration when some over-zealous poster refuses to do the minimum amount of due diligence before posting something clearly, well, ignorant.

I don't even live in Florida. My parents do. Since I do contract work for GM, I've been graced with a bit of extra "free" time [although it's a costly "free"], so I'm visiting. Saw the launch and knew exactly what was going on.

Plus, I'm eager to see Kepler's images trump those of old man Hubbell.

Look skyward to the east tonight, Gunshine Staters...your tax dollars are pushing another NASA ship aloft tonight.

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Looks like they scrubbed for tonight.

Possibly a re-try on Sunday. (If they can find enough duct tape.
)

Night time shuttle launches are spectacular. Disappointed they aborted, but understandably why.

On Sunday, I will be in Jacksonville by the ocean, hopefully I'll get a peek.

Regards...KK

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Okay, since they scratched the launch, does that mean legacyv saw something else?
As I see it, y'all just kinda trashed her for no reason.

Just sayin'
Cuhail

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Okay, since they scratched the launch, does that mean legacyv saw something else?
As I see it, y'all just kinda trashed her for no reason. Just sayin' Cuhail

FYI, the original post was 3 07 09 and it was subsequently determined what the OP
saw was, most likely, the Kepler launch from KSC that evening.

We are now referring to the Shuttle launch which was scrubbed last night (03 11 09)

I realize that one's time is valuable, but on a one-page thread it might be helpful to read the handful of posts prior to jumping to conclusions.

Thems the facts. Just sayin'.

Regards...KK

[edit on 12-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsTheQuestion

yea your hilarious arnt you

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
All systems go at this time for Sunday's Shuttle launch. (Anomalies aside and weather permitting.) It should make Kepler look like a Bottle-Rocket by comparison.

I am about 150 miles North of KSC at he moment on North Eastern Florida coast. I am hoping to catch it as it arcs out over Atlantic. It is right after dusk. Should be visible on clear night.

www.nasa.gov...

By the way. Here is video of launch that started this thread:

www.nasa.gov...

Happy viewing........KK

[edit on 14-3-2009 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 08:20 PM
link   
i saw today's launch, very cool

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Please, some one tell me whoever may be living in Central to South Florida if they saw a very large ultra bright cloud next to the shuttles trail in the sky tonight. I didn't get the chance to actually see the shuttle go up this time, stinks!

But.... after going outside just after an event I was at tonight I saw a cloud that was so very bright just beside the shuttles trail in the sky. It was not a normal cloud. Ok, doesn't sound interesting, right? Booorrringgg.... But, I was in a conversation with a man and he looked at the cloud too, and mentioned how odd it looked and that it didn't look normal. I hadn't said a thing, just was in conversation, but once he mentioned it I remarked that it does in fact look quite strange.

Did anyone else see this? I had no camera with me..... ugh!!!! The cloud was wayyyyy too massive to be the result of anything the shuttle could've done. I called my sister moments after I got into my car leaving the event. I asked my sister to step outside and take a look herself and she said that it was a very strange looking bright cloud. We both concurred that it was impossible to have come from the shuttle. My sister mind you, is one of the greatest skeptics known to man, so there, you have a skeptics view on it too....

Why was that massive ultra bright cloud there? I've lived in Florida all my life and have never seen the sun give a ultra bright shine like this to any clouds, so, no it's not just some effect from the sun either. This launch was at around sunset, to help you understand the timing of it all. To add to the weirdness... I had not noticed that huge cloud minutes earlier. It wasn't even there moments before!! Unless I was a total blind ding bat and I'm just completely losing my mind at this point, ok, some will probably joke about that one!

[edit on 15-3-2009 by dawnslight]

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dawnslight
[more

Yes i to saw this, it was very cool in! Very bright and had a whitish blue glow to it?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join