It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Facebook is good for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Forums are more my way. I don't frequent facebook. Like minded people for me are on some good forums, and long distance friendships develop naturally. But my brother makes many friends, and even dates people from facebook, so every one has their own preferences I guess. What I was also thinking would be idea for global networking and multi cultural apsects would be a combo, with community link ups able to be created, if there was a platform that had forums and areas for family and children and the emphasis was on meeting people from around the world, from other communities, with translaters, religious free discussions, lol.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by mystiq]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
You know, all the problems everyone has pointed out about Facebook, MySpace, etc, can be eliminated if you just keep the crap you don't want seen off the profile.
My facebook pages show that I go to Renaissance Faires and I play Harmonica.
How is that dangerous to my well being? No-one going to my Facebook profile is going to find anything remotely contraband taking place in my life.
I catch up with friends, family and co-workers at the moment I choose to.

I see no threat. I offer no fodder.

Cuhail

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I had a thought that perhaps TPTB would rather have people isolate themselves in their homes and have no contact with others. They would rather have you paranoid and glued to the tv where they can deliver their spin right to your brain.

Let them see that you are a human being with thoughts, passions and dreams and not just a number on a screen or some fricken cold robot.

Heaven forbid we actually communicate with others and connect with human beings. We are social creatures and no communication will affect the individual. We need friends.

Get out there and connect with old friends or just make new friends! Just know that what you put on your profile is seen by employers and law enforcement. The majority of us never cross the legal line anyway so enjoy yourself.

Do not let your fear manipulate you. Unchain your mind.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good thread

Facebook has its pros and cons. For me, it is a definte sucess.

It allows me to communicate instantly with others that I would like to improve my relationship with. Without it, I wouldn't have as strong as bond as I do with some of my friends. I have many different activies, jobs, work, etc... As being a student, it significantly helps with with interacting with peers and keeping in touch with good people I would never usually see through the course of a normal day.

It allows me to talk routinly to people I never see on a regular basis and helps me organize events.

On the other hand, it can be a evil too. Sometimes, it constantly occupies me because I am chatting with others. Sometimes it takes away the real feeling of seeing others face to face. Not that I don't, but I would rather meet them in person and talk to them.

It also makes me CONSTANTLY procrastinate and reduce my concentration level.

Ever since joining, I've noticed I've had a lot harder time coping with work, papers, and getting motivated to do things. It causes me to bring things down to the wire.

It also lets others peek into my life and given valuable personal information to groups, governments, and companies.

AKA the GOVERNMENT can track me through facebook LEGALLY and see my anti-government comments and such... not that I'm concerned.

Its a good tool, but also a evil.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Facebook takes money from the alphabets.

I think that we've all seen the video by now.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join