It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming while awake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Greetings,

This has been happening to me off and on for several years and always happens randomly not every night. I would be sleeping in my bed, then randomly open my eyes as if I was still asleep? but awake at the same time I wasn't leaving my body via astral projection I was just aware while the other side of my brain must be sleeping or whatever it does.

When I started doing this I would see a spider type creature on my wall or on the bed trying to communicate with me somehow. I will admit I am terrified of these creatures and I think it is because I am still not fully awake to understand what is going on, they do not seem to physcally occupy the same same or dimension as myself, as they seem to be somewhat translucent.

Last night or I shoul say early this morning at 3am I was visted by a different sort of creature, it was a viper or a constrictor I am unable to be certain since most snakes look alike, all I can remember from the encounter was the snake on my blanket and it too was trying to say something to me, but like a radio that all you pick up is static I couldn't hear or make out a message of kind but yet I heard something. In a panic I threw the blanket on the floor and got myself to the door, flung the light on.

At this point when the light comes on I fully awake and ask myself why I keep doing this to myself if nothing is in the room.

Any thoughts or suggestions on these weird half awake dreams or visitations? ( please forgive my spelling )

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I've had similar problems for a while and it's hard not to let my imagintion run wild. I saw a spider thing in the corner of my cieling once and it was bizzare to say the least. The most common site for me was a wierd beetle with gold a "3E" marking on its body. And another was some wierd tablet looking things flashing different markings rapidly.

I finally just convinced myself that this was my problem and tried to forget about it:

en.wikipedia.org...

"Hypnagogic hallucinations and hypnopompic hallucinations are considered normal phenomena. Hypnagogic hallucinations can occur as one is falling asleep and hypnopompic hallucinations occur when one is waking up."

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I do have a thought on this. Basically there was a time in my life where I was really in tune with my dreams I guess. I began to think in these terms: basically there is a part of our self, or our brain that is ALWAYS dreaming. When you go into a certain part of sleep you are merely aware of it. It's going on and happening always, we are just acutely aware of it at certain times. This idea sort of goes along with the idea of "multiple dimensions" I suppose.

So I can certainly see how this would be possible, especially as you are waking, or in between, or moments after either transition into or out of sleep.

Maybe the entity is what makes you stay with it longer after waking up. But other than that I don't know what to say. Other than this: this to me is entirely fine, as long as it is in those moments of in between or not long after waking or falling into sleep. Just go with it, and if it makes it harder to wake up in the morning then just start waking up earlier so you have time to deal with it and it wont stress you in life, but anyway, you already knew that. WE ALL know what's good for us, we just don't do it, lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I often dream while awake but my dreams don't appear to manifest in reality like that. I just close my eyes, see the dream, open them, see my bedroom. One night I "slept" while conscious the whole time. It's like living in two worlds at once.

But the whole telepathic spider thing, I never experienced that. Would like to though.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Soboro

Thanks for the link, Soboro it does make a lot more sense than creatures from another dimension :-)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Delirium tremens

The main symptoms are confusion, disorientation and agitation and other signs of severe autonomic instability (fever, tachycardia, hypertension). Other common symptoms include intense hallucinations such as visions of insects, snakes or rats (or stereotypically, pink elephants or tiny figures). These may be related to the environment, e.g., patterns on the wallpaper that the patient perceives as giant spiders attacking him or her. Unlike hallucinations associated with schizophrenia, delirium tremens hallucinations are primarily visual, but are also associated with tactile hallucinations such as sensations of something crawling on the subject - a phenomenon known as formication. Delirium tremens can sometimes be associated with severe, uncontrollable tremors of the extremities and secondary symptoms such as anxiety, panic attacks and paranoia.

From that link given to me, I doubt I have a problem with this since it has to do with liquor but it is something to consider.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
When I was a kid I had a very detailed dream while fully awake. I was standing in the corner of my parents room at night when all of a sudden the corner of the room seemed to change. When I looked it was a young version of my grandfather fighting in WW2. I immediately went to join him and we fought in a jungle with the enemy for what seemed like hours. Afterwards there I was standing in my parents room again. I always wondered if I time traveled or simply dreamed while awake, which has never happend to me again since.

new topics

top topics

join