It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there scientific proof of ghosts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I was just pondering...

We have all seen alleged ghost videos, and the TV shows, right?

I was wondering, is there any hard scientific proof?

I feel I have missed something...

It seems more people presently accept the concept of ghosts.

Did I miss a huge break-through or something?

Any info is appreciated!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:31 AM
link   
The only thing that really backs up the ghost theory is the jumps in an EMF meter when a ghost is (supposedly) in the room. Other than that, no, not really.

I believe in ghosts because I saw one once, it was very strange, not a little girl or sad woman, but an old pioneer looking guy. I could make out his suspenders, a hat, a lantern in his hand with a blue flame (at the time I didn't know about ghosts turning flames blue supposedly (I was very young)), and a long beard. I was staying at my grandma's house in the middle of the Oregon desert and I was still afraid of the dark so I had the closet light on. The weirdest thing about the ghost I'm pretty sure I saw is that the closet light didn't illuminate the ghost at all, it was just a 3 dimensional shadow standing in the door watching me. After a minute the ghost walked out and I just fell back to sleep because I was a bit bewildered... I named my cat after that experience (spirit). I'm not sure what woke me up but I was definitely calm in the presence of whatever it was, I can still remember almost too vividly which reminds me of how real it felt.

So that is my speculation, hehe

[edit on 3/7/09 by MoothyKnight]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   
It really is a strange old world isn’t it, the church tells us that god speaks to use, yet if you say that you can hear god because he speaks to you, then its anti psychotic drugs and a warm padded cell.

Evidence for your god = none
Believe in God = OK

Evidence for a 'heaven' = none
Believe in heaven = OK

Evidence for an afterlife = none
Believe in a afterlife = OK

Evidence for ghosts or spirits = none (although it a requirement for all the above)
Believe in ghosts or spirits = delusional.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I think there is scientific proof that ghosts make money and that's perhaps the real priority for many people.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MoothyKnight

Thank you for you reply.

I've been intrested in ghosts since I was a child.
My mother said when I was a wee lad, she would here me laughing in my room in the middle of the night, and she would go in there and I would be pointing to the corner of my room saying "look mom, look at the funny man!"

She also told me another story, which I believe was a dream.
She said she had awoken because it had gotten very cold in her room.
When she opened her eyes, and saw 3 figures standing by the door.
A man, a women and a small child. She thought they were intruders and jumped up and actually attacked them, but hit the door and they were gone.

She said the man had a fairly large mustache, and wearing a suit, and the women had a white dress on.
The child she never saw any detail.

I did research on that house, which I don't live in anymore, and discovered there was a fire in which a child, and the two parents died in. The house was built in 1898, the fire happend in 1902.

Figured I would share this story with ya, since you shared yours with mine

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by northerngate
It really is a strange old world isn’t it, the church tells us that god speaks to use, yet if you say that you can hear god because he speaks to you, then its anti psychotic drugs and a warm padded cell.

Evidence for your god = none
Believe in God = OK

Evidence for a 'heaven' = none
Believe in heaven = OK

Evidence for an afterlife = none
Believe in a afterlife = OK

Evidence for ghosts or spirits = none (although it a requirement for all the above)
Believe in ghosts or spirits = delusional.

Yes....strange world indeed!

Oh and, he's not my god, I don't believe in god.

Thanks for your post!

I think there is scientific proof that ghosts make money and that's perhaps the real priority for many people.

Sounds like Ghost Hunters to me!

Thanks for your post.

[edit on 3/8/2009 by Shakezoola]

top topics

join