It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Military revamps domestic defence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   

The Canadian military has embarked on a wide-ranging plan to turn its reserve soldiers into focused units trained and equipped to respond to a nightmarish array of domestic threats, including terrorist "dirty bomb" attacks, biological agent containment, Arctic catastrophes and natural disasters.
The creation of seven units within each region of the country -- including unusual all-terrain vehicle (ATV) squadrons and perimeter security teams to cordon areas of potential devastation -- prepares reserve soldiers for operations on the "domestic front" while freeing regular force soldiers to concentrate on foreign battlefields. "There is a recognition, certainly within the military and we have heard the government say, that domestic security is the number one priority.
A number of these conclusions come from the post-9/11 world we live in," said Brigadier-General Jean Collin, commander of the army in Ontario, during an exclusive interview with the National Post.
"The reality is an army needs to train, an army needs to equip itself and an army needs to be ready."

more here

This sounds innocent except for one part:

""We are training to establish a perimeter. Do I see a scenario when we might be obliged to keep people in? Probably. You need to be trained to be able to make sure that you don't become a casualty in the process of doing that security."

Does anyone else read anything into this?
With all the talk of FEMA camps in the U.S. it looks like we might also be preparing...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The U.S. has been doing this type of preperation and training with it's National Guard and Reserves for a while now.

That last quote you had was a little out of context. The reserves are training to establish a perimeter in case of a man made or natural disaster. Probably a good idea, considering I wouldn't want to walk into an area where there is a chemical factory leaking or something like that.

Or it could be the start of a FEMA takeover of the entire world, starting with Canada! I also heard in FEMA camps, there is no ATS!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
well living here in canada i can now rest easy as the atv squadren is on the loose ..lol

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I agree that the reserves are training for natural disasters and the like, it's just that I wonder what sort of training they receive to "keep people in".

Maybe I am just spending too much time on ATS and reading things that aren't there.

Still would like to know what the orders are concerning keeping people restricted to a certain area..

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
i think this will be a good thing,
for events of natural disaster type stuff

no comment on the fema side of this thread...

maybe they can be used to help out the police in vancouver bc, and well the whole lower mainland...

this thread says more on that

We are training to establish a perimeter. Do I see a scenario when we might be obliged to keep people in? Probably.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I was in the reserves in Canada for two years, and then took leave into what they can Non-active Duty, that expired in 2008 i received papers to sign off on, or had the option of continuing to some degree. I think it was signed and in the return mail that day.

From the numbers and description it sounds like a new task force specializing in urban defense, the timing is shocking, cause usually when announced it's only 3-6 months to retrain and install troops. Another flag.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Question, why is the article listed in the Entertainment section of the website and not something like the regular News section?

posted on Jul, 6 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You don't think that the Americans would protect the mistress that puts out and doesn't cause too much of a fuss about the other mistresses, do you?

new topics

top topics

join