It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

650000 more unemployed in one single month !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Seems we jumped out of the plane without a parachute ...
When one realizes what is occuring in the US, right now, in front of ours eyes, it's something like the fall of communism : brutal, silent, deadful.

How much time is left before civil unrest bursts everywhere ?

The situation is out of control.

I'd like to be more positive, but honestly, I think that what is occuring is not such a bad thing : a revolution is coming.

It will be painful for most of us.
But we could NOT continue on the same trend.
I hope that the remedy won't kill the patient ...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

At least you'll be able to defend yourself and your family when the SHTF .Here in the UK we have no guns and I agree MASSIVE disorder is coming.At least the mega-greedy might get their come-uppance.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I think they are manipulating the unemployment figures. Well I know they are, but so far it has been a steady 650k people laid off for a few months in a row.

Things are not good. With all the borrowing and spending, and no income coming in is not a good thing at all.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by uk today
reply to post by orkson
At least the mega-greedy might get their come-uppance.

They might. But they won't. They're not that dumb.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ohh the hell with it. I was going to go with this laundry list of complaints, but whats the use. We all know what needs to be done, but we are willing to do nothing.
Return manufacturing back home, damn it!!
We no longer have to send our materials to third world countries to be manufactured when we can just bring the third world home with us.
God this makes me sick.
I wonder how many executives are going to get their bonuses this year while we all loose the ability to make our loan payments.
I guess they are being bonused for wrecking our country. KUDOS!!

You deserve every penny you were able to swindle from us.
Keep up the good work and we will all be jobless and home less soon. ripe for the picking to work in your concentration camps you mother^$*#ers!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by orkson

The unemployment statistics are subject to intrepretation. For example, they don't count folks who are not looking for work, they do in some cases count workers who by choice work 20 or fewer hours a week as unemployed, but don't count other part-timers who would like to be full-time, things like that. For example, I just saw a report on CNN international which stated that the unemployment in the US is higher than that in Mexico. That can't be the case, particularily when you consider that the largest industry in Mexico, tourism is getting hammered due to the drug related crime. The same report suggested that if you counted the folks who just decided to throw in the towel for a while and leave their jobs on their own accord, the number would be closer to 14%.

The other thing to think about is that most economists don't believe the percentage of unemployed can get much below 4%. They typically classify a 4% rate as "full employment". That considered, the figure of 9% unemployment is in reality 5%.

I also think that the numbers being so close month after month is dubious and the fuzzy nature of how the numbers are calculated and the fact that there is no absolute methodology for its calculation lends the statistic to overt political manipulation, something I think is certainly underway at the moment. Clearly, the Obama administration wants things to get much worse so they can lever the misery into pushing their leftist agenda.

Bottom-line for me is that the number is way too high, regardless of how you calculate it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The number is 650,001 then because I'm unemployed and although I'm looking for work, I refuse to draw unemployment so I'm sure they aren't counting me in that number.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Foreclosed Bay Area residents head to D.C.
(Video)

These people are headed to DC. How long before this becomes a rather common occurrence. This is how movements get started.

new topics

top topics

join