It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

City of Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Anyone heard anything about this game? a friend of mine just gave me an extra beta account... dling as we speak..

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Well Lysergic? How is it? I need to decide whether or not to go get this tomorrow. I was thinking about picking up Lineage II, but from what I've heard, I think I'll pass.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, just checked some screenshots, and it looks awesome!
Hadn't heard of that game before.

Dude, how the hell do you have so many beta connections? lol...

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid
Wow, just checked some screenshots, and it looks awesome!
Hadn't heard of that game before.

Dude, how the hell do you have so many beta connections? lol...

I've a south korean friend, SK = HARDKOREAN Gamers

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
Well Lysergic? How is it? I need to decide whether or not to go get this tomorrow. I was thinking about picking up Lineage II, but from what I've heard, I think I'll pass.

I wouldn't use my money on it, L2 really wasnt that great imo, but maybe it changed alot since beta?

Telling ya'll WoW is the mad #, if you can wait til it comes out that is

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
I've a south korean friend, SK = HARDKOREAN Gamers

Oooooooook ! That explains a lot lol... Yeah, I know they are hardcore gamers.

I can't believe WOW is only coming out in august... :bnghd:

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
well actually he just got me coh beta, I got him into l2 taiwan beta hehe!

i got lucky with wow!

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Well, I've been playing this game for a day or so now. It's pretty cool.

The nice thing about the game is that no character looks the same. The atmosphere is great. Lots and lots of fighting. Nothing much more....

posted on May, 20 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Nice game. Definately geared towards team play. I noticed I did better in a fight when another hero helped.

I played for a few hours last night.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   
New Hero. He's awesome.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 02:03 AM
link   
He forgot the flowers and wine.

posted on May, 23 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
That's not Mad Dog 20/20 is it?

SweetThang is kickin' A.. and taking names in Kings Row and Atlas Park.
Ladies love SweetThang. He's a sensitive guy.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Anyone else play CoH?

Post names and times you are on. Maybe we can team up and get help out each others missions. I need levels.
SweetThang is up to 8th. Almost 9th.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 02:54 PM
link   
How much does CoH cost a month? I'm thinking I might buy it, if only to tide me over until World of Warcraft comes out (seeing how I didnt get into beta :cryb

Is the game even worth it? I hear all you can do basically is go around killing bad guys? Is there enough variety in the game to keep it from getting boring? These questions are the ones I must ask before I purchase the game. But I'd love to see some personification of myself in a superhero flying around in the game world.

posted on Jun, 1 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Faisca
How much does CoH cost a month? I'm thinking I might buy it, if only to tide me over until World of Warcraft comes out (seeing how I didnt get into beta :cryb

Is the game even worth it? I hear all you can do basically is go around killing bad guys? Is there enough variety in the game to keep it from getting boring? These questions are the ones I must ask before I purchase the game. But I'd love to see some personification of myself in a superhero flying around in the game world.

==================================================

Cost a month
1 month for $14.95
3 months for $41.85 ($13.95 per month)
6 months for $77.70 ($12.95 per month)
12 months for $143.40 ($11.95 per month)

==================================================
There is a lot of missions you can do. They are ever changing. You do go around and beat up bad guys, but hey...it's a comic book world.

I have never played any other mmorpg, so I can't compare it to any other game. It's exciting to me. I've been playing it ever since it came out.
The combinations are endless for creating your custom hero. They are releasing an update soon (not an expansion pack) that will add more areas and villians to confront.
Try it. I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

posted on Jun, 2 2004 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I dunno if my poor, college student butt can handle 15 bucks a month. Well, ok I lie... I paid 15 bucks a month for Star Wars Galaxies, but that was Star Wars so it was worth it. Who knows, maybe I'll pick it up and see you guys in there. It'd be cool to hang out in game, have an ATS Superhero Team, the "Deny Ignorance League".

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I just found this. It looks suspiciously like Agent47's dogmatic hero....

Robo-Jesus

This is a site where you can "register" your character. Basically it's to show off your hero.

Robo-Jesus.... heheheee

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hey, just wanted to bump that thread up. I've been playing City of heros a lot lately, got the game approx. 3 or 4 weeks ago. I wanted to see if anybody elses is (still) playing (activly) the game here.

I play on freedom server, my main character is called NNitemare. Magic Scrapper.

So if other people are playing frequently, post player name and class here so we might play together sometime. Been spending all my evenings on there lately, so if you want to play you're almost sure to find there somewhere.

new topics

top topics

join