It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ammunition being sold or controlled?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
everyone assumes when you go to get your ammo that it is just being bought on grand scales, that this is the reason the shelves are bare, maybe just maybe the ammo is being limited by someone else, think about it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
A lot of the ammo is being bought up by the government for there war on terror. they have a lot of the companies that used to make ammo for the civilian market making ammo under contract for the government.

A lot of the rest was imports that are now being blocked by the government.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Hey, got any links? Would be nice to have some sources for the info. It's just a mystery, the whole ammo thing. This is nationwide, stores just can't seem to keep up with demand.. Or something bigger is at play.

btw OP, the seperate thread for this issue was a good idea. I would love to get to the bottom of this lack of ammo everywhere thing.

The media tells us that gun stores are just selling like crazy. But we all know what the media is really up to. (agenda)

EDIT: typo

[edit on 6-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I have a friend who owns a gun store, and he can attest to the fact that demand is definitely at an all time historic high. He has never sold this much ammo ever. He orders hundreds of cases three times a week, and still runs out of popular calibers by the weekend. Plus people are scalping ammo badly. I've seen common handgun calibers like 9mm, 40S&W, and especially .380 ACP go for 4 times new price, just because someone doesn't want to wait on a back order. It doesn't seem to be slowing down either.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just to add...

Went to 7 gun stores for ammo last weekend and found the shelves mostly bare. Spoke to some of the owners who told me that they are having a heck of a time getting any ammo in and when they do, it's gone in 2 days!

Most have stated that gun sales are 4 to 5 times higher than in the past and that ammo sales are 15 to 20 times higher. One person told me that his suppliers aren't able to keep up with demand - BUT - he suspects that is because "someone" is stifling production and shipments.

Who really knows though? I would love to have some more insight on this.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
read the following information on the links provided

www.nrapublications.org...

www.topix.com...

[edit on 6-3-2009 by backyard guru]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Big Magazines and catalogs have had a run on survival and gun merchandise, no more AK clips, no more 22's no more water purifiers, and whatever ammo is left is at double price or three week back-order. Time to start making our own?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
As I posted in another thread about our experiences ...

We talked briefly to a gentleman who works for Remington (not far from here) and he told us that they are running the plant 6 days a week and cannot keep up with demand.

We also talked briefly with a supplier who told us that the current administration has caused a run on ammo.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
no more AK clips...no more water purifiers,

Not so much, I've gotten both of those items in the past week online, and was able to check prices and stock on many well known sites. Maybe you were not looking in the right places?

and whatever ammo is left is at double price or three week back-order.

Still can get .22 and shotshells pretty easily but just about every other caliber (minus the really specialized calibers), good luck and happy ammo hunting.

top topics

join