It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG!!! What just happened in Melbourne ??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Did anyone in the Melbourne City area feel that shaking ??? it was like a earthquake, our whole building shook like crazy with a weird rumbling sound in the distance ???

weeeird man that was freaky!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Nope, But then I'm on bedrock in the center of the USA.

I'm glad that I =didn't= feel that! =)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
edit must have shaken enough to doublepost?

[edit on 3·6·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
earthquake.usgs.gov...

There was a 5.1 in Australia, just off the north west edge it seems. Perhaps its something to do with that.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I just seriously [SNIP] my pants, im in Kingsville in Melbourne and felt it bad.

Where are you, im in the three story block and everything shook i thought the windows were going to go. Jumped under a door frame.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by TheKingsVillian]

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:14 AM
link   
im sitting here waiting for the aftershock, my girlfriend said she is puttin gon her shoes

man that was scary

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

That seems quite a distance away, I don't think that mag could be felt in Melbourne.

link   
Im near a refinery, i thought maybe it blew up! my computer monitors shook....that was really unsettling.

link   
Yes there was a bit on the news, felt all through Melbourne supposdly. Although I found out 10 minutes after finishing work that an earthquake just happened and yet I never felt anything at work and neither did any customers. My friend was walking outside at the time and didn't feel anything either. But many other people did.

link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

Doubtful, I'm closer to the centre of that quake than the OP and didn't feel anything.

Will keep an eye on the USGS site though

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Chadwickus]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh what the hell was it?????

Now that I know more people felt and heard it I want to know what it was.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by violet

I didn't say it was that event that caused the tremor that some posters have felt, but perhaps a symptom or a related event. In other words what ever caused the tremor for the posters in this thread probably caused the other tremor if that makes sense.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Well like I said, the news flash said it was an earthquake and felt Melbourne-wide. Even to some far outer-suburbs.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheKingsVillian

Im in the South yarra / Toorak area in a 4 story building, and it shook pretty bad

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Yes, I'm in Prahran, felt it shake my whole building, so I called up a friend who is partying in St Kilda, he felt it, and watched a pot plant tip over, so I called another friend at home up the road in Malvern, and he felt it as well.

Weird.

There was a dog a few streets away that was going nuts for like 20 minutes before it happened, and it still is, maybe it will happen again?

Also, there was this thread a few days ago

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I love how my first reaction was to jump on ATS.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I happend about 9:00pm i have confirmed reports of stange rumbling and noise from two other friends.

Im in the inner west of melbs.

What was this i NEED to know.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by DrBones666

Same its funny that this is where we get our news but look how quick we are all on it.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
My first reaction was to also jump onto ATS.

Let it be known that just days before this earthquake, many many posters noted the high chance of an earthquake happening after all those whales and dolphins got beached. A lot of people denied the connection, but there we go - it's true.

The dog knew about it before it happened to. It's still barking? That's creepy, perhaps more to come.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
This was the 2nd place i went, the first there were about 4 threads started at the same time. Still nothing on the B.O.M site....the neighbours dog has been going nuts all day, but thats nothing unusual.

Im in altona, and theres plenty of things around here that could blow up big time.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
At least the Herald Sun's on the ball:

Quake Shakes Melbourne

Melburnians contacted the Herald Sun to report feeling the trembler from Carlton to Frankston.

The intesity of the tremor is not yet known.

Victoria Police said they had not received reports of any damage or injuries, but that they had been "flooded with calls".

As far as I'm now concerned, there is a direct correlation between beachings & subsequent quakes.

[edit on 6/3/09 by Evasius]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join