It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$410 billion spending bill stalled in Senate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   

$410 billion spending bill stalled in Senate

www.sfgate.com

The delay of the bill was an embarrassment for Democrats and a striking, if temporary, victory for critics of so-called earmark spending initiatives, who had criticized the bill as bloated with wasteful expenditures.

Among those critics were Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., and two Democrats who opposed the measure, Sens. Evan Bayh of Indiana and Russ Feingold of Wisconsin.

But there were other reasons that Democrats came up short of the 60 votes needed to advance the bill. Two Latino senators - one Democrat, one Republican - opposed it over provisions that would have eased some travel and trade restrictions on Cuba.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I don't even know what is going on with all these 'spending'/'stimulus' bills/plans.... This is really just overwhelming the amounts of these plans/bills... Is this a same one we heard about before, or a new one? Last I knew, there was some $700billion 'stimulus', is there ever any end to the insanity or will our government just keep passing these stimulus/spending bills until we are in complete chaos?

I don't know what is going on, honestly. Good luck stopping the spending, or at least looking like you are trying... but we all know it will all get through anyway.

Just like the REAL ID act being shot down many times over the years, so they simply snuck it into the last 'stimulus' bill. Among many other things they have been trying to pass over the years.

This is all a show, by the way... Suddenly McLame and others care about our spending after encouraging no end to it under Bush? I am glad he can vote against it now and pretend to be a hero. The damage is already done and you guys(our representatives) failed our once-great country.

www.sfgate.com
EDIT: clarification.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 6-3-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Senate Republican aides said they expected the bill to be approved next week after Republican lawmakers were allowed to offer additional amendments.

So this is the way it works. Pay close attention to these asshats. In all actuality they are holding out on voting for it -- until they get to throw their own freedom-reducing, expensive projects in there.

I am glad that each person voting for the bill gets to sneak their own changes for the entire country into it.

WAS AMERICA MEANT TO WORK LIKE THIS?!?!

new topics

join