It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX News Poll: A Bankrupt United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The stock market has plunged to its lowest point in decades, unemployment is up, and home foreclosures are sweeping the country. Still, Americans think it can get even worse – a lot worse. Fully 61 percent of Americans think it is possible the United States government could literally go bankrupt. That’s according to a new Fox News poll released Thursday.

A 63 percent majority of Americans believe Obama’s priorities and policies are more likely to “significantly help the country,” while 25 percent believe they are more likely to “seriously harm the country.” Democrats nearly unanimously (90 percent) believe Obama’s policies will help, as do 61 percent of independents and 32 percent of Republicans. A 54 percent majority of Republicans think Obama’s policies will seriously harm the country.

Americans think positive results of President Obama’s policies are most likely to be evident in the form of new jobs, followed by positive developments in the housing and stock markets. Over two-thirds (70 percent) of Americans think it is at least somewhat likely that the economic stimulus and spending bill recently passed by Congress will “create new jobs.” A 58 percent majority thinks the bill will “stabilize the housing market,” and half (50 percent) of Americans think it will “reverse the stock market decline.”

www.foxnews.com...

Based on this poll, 61 percent think we the US could go bankrupt...yet some of the other information contradicts it.

If this many people think this could happen...why are they supporting this spending spree?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:35 PM
link   
and how many opinions are worth a grain of salt......not many

they are attempting to put 5 grand into a car resembling an "old beater" worth 300 bucks in order to get it to drive another 18 months at least (probably rattling along the way) ........only they will drive it into the dirt (forcing a "radical solution" to be designed.

in case you didn't figure it out i am talking about the latest TALF and PPP bank plan designed to revive the securitization mkts (the one's that when collapsed the economy went with it....) perhaps they are doing this to keep the foreign exporters buying our debt in the hopes that our consumers will now have the credit to buy their crap thanks to the gov't doing the same thing (reckless gov't backed gaurantees and high leverage) that got us into the mess in the first place, only this time they will need more and more debt financing to keep the TALF and PPP programs running ...like the ole ponzi scheme...(my guess is there is a chance these programs could put a floor under the economic fall for a year...but not revive it...) while BENDING over the taxpayer/gov't really good....although this could have worse scenario's as well... .oh ya and the gulf country's possibly launching a new currency in january may have the CIA and Military thinking creatively....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I heard a Rep on C-SPAN today he said in so many words,

We had the Internet Bubble
and when that burst,
We had the housing bubble
and now that it has burst,
We have the Government bubble.
I'm afraid that if that birsts,
there will be nothing left.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

It also doesn't help that we have a president that thinks a government that governs 300+ million people, that is declaring war on the producers of the economy can be sustainable.

I really don't like it, but I guess the people that didn't want this to happen and voted against it are going to have to take it, while the people that did vote for it learn the hard way.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I got news for you, the US is ALREADY bankrupt:

United States Congressional Record - March 17, 1993 - Vol. #33, page H-1303 - Speaker- Rep. James Traficant, Jr. (Ohio) addressing the House:

"Mr. Speaker, we are here now in chapter 11. Members of Congress are official trustees presiding over the greatest reorganization of any Bankrupt entity in world history, the U.S. Government. We are setting forth hopefully, a blueprint for our future. There are some who say it is a coroner's report that will lead to our demise.

It is an established fact that the United States Federal Government has been dissolved by the Emergency Banking Act, March 9, 1933, 48 Stat. 1, Public Law 89-719; declared by President Roosevelt, being bankrupt and insolvent. HJR 192, 73rd Congress in session June 5, 1933 - Joint Resolution to Suspend the Gold Standard and Abrogate the Gold Clause dissolved the Sovereign Authority of the United States and the official capacities of all United States Governmental Offices, Officers, and Departments, and is further evidence that the United States Federal Government exists today in name only.

The receivers of the United States Bankruptcy are the International Bankers, via the United Nations, the World Bank, and the International Monetary Fund. "

It has been for years…

All your article tells me is that 61% of the US population has their head stuck in the sand so deep that they are not even aware of this fact.

Now we are seeing who really runs & owns this country...

new topics

top topics

join