It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's Your Opinion on VAMPIRES?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
As much as I would want them exist, I can't bring myself to actually believe they do. At least not your only-come-out-at-night-drain-the-blood-live-forever type.

Of course, there are those guys who hang around night clubs dressed in pvc, ingesting blood until they vomit.

posted on Oct, 1 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Has the joke "they suck" been used already?

Anyway I believe there are energy vamps, but the blood drinking kind, not so much.

posted on Oct, 10 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
has anyone ever heard of the strigoi?

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Strigoi is just another vampire myth from Romania. It is used as a word for witches, shape shifters, and blood suckers.

posted on Oct, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Dont understand the whole vampire thing...

oh well

posted on Oct, 28 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Jesus, vampires. where do I even begin? I used to obsess over these things. I read everything, different myths from different parts of the world and where people thought they migt have originated, etc, etc.

What I think you might be interested in, and I'm not sure of the guy's name, but it shouldn't be too extremely difficult to find, is this paper that a guy wrote disproving the eistnce of vampires with simple math. I guess his aim was, if a vampire fed once a month, and each time his victim became a vampire themselves, the whole of the population would be a vampire very, very quickly. He never realy said what impact it would have if not every victim eame a vampire, but you still might be able to use it.

MY opinion is, at this point (and while I would very much LIKE to believe) I do not think that they exist. If you wanted to talk more in depth you should definately message me, though, I have some information on them but I'm not nearly an expert. It may be something you're interested in, though (:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Vampires, ahh;
Do I believe every said vampire is real? No.
Do I more believe that some people enjoy the whole romanticism involved, as well as the lore, blood letting and overall subculture(ie see some Louisiana vampire club/bar info). Yes.
Also,
Vlad was sadistic, not a demonic blood sucking creature, as same for the Countess Bathory. Religious lore and cultural history, suggests vampires, to the lamia. But religious lore suggests many things.

Blood disorder? Possible, but unlikely.

Psychic Vampires? Wow, I've actually met more people, who would fall more into sucking your energy than your blood types.

The current pop culture(or teen) fascination with them is the added "romantic novel" meets Dawson's Creek, so yes it will appeals to young people not to mention the otherwise known as active actors and actresses.. Often ones otherwise unfamiliar with the works of Bram Stoker and Ann Rice(just to mention the more known)...
Glowing vampires? Hah.

That type of romanticism is all wrong in, in for example Anne Rice's lore, and only caters to a demographic market(seem I am sure the author knew this).
edit on 2-11-2010 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by iClairebear

If your looking for ideas on vampires here is mine. There are no such thing. Never has been any such thing. There may have been some very sick people out there (in history) that like to drink human blood, and maybe were cannibals. But as far as having any powers or things like that. No, no such thing.

I think your beter off writing a paper on another topic. Is this for 7th grade? Why don't you do research on Wizards like Harry Potter?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If your looking for ideas on vampires here is mine. There are no such thing. Never has been any such thing. There may have been some very sick people out there (in history) that like to drink human blood, and maybe were cannibals. But as far as having any powers or things like that. No, no such thing.

I think your beter off writing a paper on another topic. Is this for 7th grade? Why don't you do research on Wizards like Harry Potter?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Ive never really researched vampires. They seem like theyd be too 'magical' to be something real, know what I mean? I wouldnt doubt that perhaps thousands of years ago that there was a mutation where humans had longer incisors and were more animalistic, and maybe survived longer. But I don't know. Vampires, werewolves, elves...I never really see too much evidence on these things, unlike nessie, bigfoot, etc

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Vampires, werewolves, changelings, and zombies are a remnant of an instinctual awareness of rapid change. You could even throw Transformers onto this list, if you're awesome enough.

The myths are based on a programmed fear of change; a fruitless effort intended to prevent inevitable change from happening thus keeping the power structure intact. Ain't gonna happen...

I think they are all real, but only figuratively, and in no way do they parallel what has been portrayed...
Except for the "change" part.
edit on 2-11-2010 by xiphias because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I don't think they exist mainly cause there hasn't been any real evidence to support the idea that vampires exist.

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   
My opinion on vampires?

They suck.

vVv

posted on Nov, 10 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

do you really want to know the truth, i am a psychic, telepathic and i astral travel, i have seen some things that would scare the crap out of anyone who is not healed enough to handle it.

the story behind vampires, they were created by the orions, horrrible experiment gone wrong, they pretty much wiped out everyone on that plantet except for a few, they are black skinned and do not have fangs but are superhuman and can tear you apart, they are blood suckers. they created the drakonians which are not as evil as the orions, but just as horrible and they have been around for a very long time, the drakonians are half bat half human with red eyes, some call them the mothman, extremely dangerious and they do exist. they can shapeshift into human, they normally come to you during sleep, and they exist in the lower dimensions. there are what you could drakonian walkins,
where they torture you until your soul leaves your body and they walk in.
the drakonians and dracula go hand in hand as far as legends go, this is where the name satan originated, it could have been an orions name, oh i am getting a yes on that one.

my advice to you all is dont take legends and myths so lightly.
there are many other things out there that are just as dangerous

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I think the myth started after Peter Plogojowitz who was considered a vampire because after his death the people reported seeing him still alive so they decided to exhume the body and see he had vampires characteristic like pale face, teeth coming out a bit of blood on the lips and so on but realized later those signs were actually the typical signs of a body in decomposition.

On the other hand it doesn't explain why villagers and his wife saw him after his death.

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
All you have to do is read this post and the comments from these real vampires -- you'll be a believer in them. They are all around us and manipulate the media and governments.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A real-life Vampire on CNN, FOX News, CBS and no one says a word...

posted on Feb, 28 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
pretty old thread....

If she hasn't written her paper by now she never will

posted on Mar, 2 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
vampires are over sensationalized fictional creatures in my opinion

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join