It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BTS.talk: Ladies Night on Skype

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock
I now have "I'm On A Boat" as a ringtone...

So, how much of the song does it play? I mean, does it just play the chorus? Or does it play some of the lyrical geniusness that primarily dominates the song?

"I'm flipping burgers you at Kinko straight flippin coppies"

"I'm a dolfin, doin' flips and #, the dolphin splashin' gettin' everybody all wet, but this ain't sea world, this as real as it gets, I'm on a boat mother # don't you ever forget"

"Never though I'd be on a boat, it's a big blue watery row(?) Poseidon look at meeeeee woahhhhh."

(Sorry, I don't speak gangsta my nizzles, but I shizzle try.)

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
(Sorry, I don't speak gangsta my nizzles, but I shizzle try.)

Mah'nizzle shanizzle...

The ringtone is indeed, predictably, the chorus. Think the opening after the "Awww yeeaya"....

Except it is censored...

While I am not a huge fan of profanity I think that a bit of the satirical genius of the song has been deprived by censoring the "mutha-Snip-er"...

I cried over it for all of two seconds though; I'm wondering how long it will take to get bored of hearing that ong everytime I get a text or call...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Except it is censored...

While I am not a huge fan of profanity I think that a bit of the satirical genius of the song has been deprived by censoring the "mutha-Snip-er"...

That sucks fo' shizzle. That song NEEDS the profanity - otherwise it's a bunch of bleeps. And no one ever wrote a good song where the primary word was "bleep" used over and over again...

I cried over it for all of two seconds though; I'm wondering how long it will take to get bored of hearing that ong everytime I get a text or call...

Blasphemy!

If you think it will ever get old! I still crack up EVERY time at the beginning at the kitchen table "Woah, free boat ride for three!"

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by CA_Orot
Blasphemy!

If you think it will ever get old! I still crack up EVERY time at the beginning at the kitchen table "Woah, free boat ride for three!"

I wasn't serious of course...

Greatest. Song. Ever.

And the first ringtone I actually spent money on since I first acquired my cell...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Greatest. Song. Ever.

Ditto times a thousand.

And the first ringtone I actually spent money on since I first acquired my cell...

An excellent investment if you ask me, I myself considered it (for a few seconds, in between laughing my bottom off when I saw the commercial for it on TV) but I'm kinda happy with my current ringtone

I definitely see it in my future though... Maybe next week I'll be sick of "Break on Through" and upgrade my ringtone..

- Carrot

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   

From my English perspective, I pray that you are suddenly overcome by the sterotypical American short attention span, so that you are spared being exposed to it for very long, 'cause its bloody awful

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore
From my English perspective, I pray that you are suddenly overcome by the sterotypical American short attention span, so that you are spared being exposed to it for very long, 'cause its bloody awful

This is't Seaworld, this is as real as it gets!

You have to look at it as a satire of gangsta rap and the bling posturing for social status. Then it is brilliant.

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I've downloaded it and I'm listening to it now. Less than 3 minutes into it and I've already had a flashback to the DATS thread. (shudder)

I'll give my thoughts later on after the mental shock heals.

Edit to add:

Not bad at all. It makes me wish that it would have been longer. I also learned something important. Mentally I've been pronouncing Heike's name wrong. I mentally pronounced it as "Hi-Kee". I'll need to listen to it several times to get it right since I've got all the memory span of a Ferret at times. (chuckle)

Oh by the way, yeah, I also don't like the Boat song as well. But then again, it's your ladies podcast so it's your call. I would like to hear more of them though in the future.

[edit on 16-3-2009 by Deson]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join