It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Love v/s Sex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
What do you think sex and love are two different things or two sides of the same feeling?

Do love and sex are incomplete without each other or a complete and fulfilled experience without each other?

Is it possible that you may have sex with several people several times but never had any feeling of love and you heart is still thirsty for this pure feeling?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
WRONG FAWKING FORUM DUDE!!

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Lysergic]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
but to be fair I'll answer your questions

"What do you think sex and love are two different things or two sides of the same feeling? 2 different things, don't have to bone someone to love them.

Do love and sex are incomplete without each other or a complete and fulfilled experience without each other?
Do? you mean Are? I wouldn't say they are incomplete without eachother, I love a lot of people that I'd never get sexual with.

Is it possible that you may have sex with several people several times but never had any feeling of love and you heart is still thirsty for this pure feeling?
dunno about pure feeling
"

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What do you think sex and love are two different things or two sides of the same feeling?

Of course you can have sex with someone you don't love.

I had a very fulfilling sexual relationship for almost a year with a woman who I couldn't stand and she actually I think found me more despicable.

But the sex was fantastic.

You don't need love for great sex and you don't need great sex for love, but needless to say if you can find love and great sex with one person (or two if your Mormon and in Utah) then nothing gets better than that.

Sex and love are two completely different things, but one does enhance the other.

Spiderj

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:16 PM
link   
No, you don't need to love someone to have enjoyable sex with them, nor do you need sex to love another. The two can definitly compliment eachother, but I think to say that one without the other is incomplete it isn't right, not for me, anyway. Depends on the person.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:17 PM
link   
This is like comparing Apples to Fruit Salad. There is a whole lot of other things that come along with one, while the other is what it is. The apple comes in different flavors and colors and you can fix it in a lot of different ways. The salad on the other hand is incredibly more complex and yummy and fullfilling when prepared right. The salad also doesn't need an apple in the mix to still be a complete salad, however, that flavor can still add something tasty when it is included.

You decide which is which...

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I'll answer this one the only way I know how..

I DON'T KNOW!

But you know what? I don't care. They are both beautiful things, and they make life worth living. I think, anyway.... Damn it's been a while!

DC

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Love is deeper imho. If i had to choose between the two i'd choose love over sex.

btw, nice logo DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
Love is deeper imho. If i had to choose between the two i'd choose love over sex.

btw, nice logo DeltaChaos

Thanks, Sapph. You ain't too bad yourself. Dark elf, are we?

DC

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
You need both for a happy relationship. You can just love someone without ..., and you can have ... without loving someone.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I cannot have 'sex' with anyone unless I feel strongly for them. Maybe its just me, but I just can't do that. Making love is a beautiful experience, its a mixture of the physical and spiritual. It is a sacrament and should be treated as sacred. Thats my opinion anyway.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Midnight Raven
I cannot have 'sex' with anyone unless I feel strongly for them. Maybe its just me, but I just can't do that. Making love is a beautiful experience, its a mixture of the physical and spiritual. It is a sacrament and should be treated as sacred. Thats my opinion anyway.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

The real question should be "Is sex better with someone you love as well ?"

And the answer (for me, at least) would be an unequivical 'YES !!!!!!'.

It's like the difference between having a filet o fish and fries from McDonalds or the best rib dinner from Tony Romas with a great bottle of wine.

I can't for the life of me understand why ANYONE could even compare casual sex with full-on soul mate blending of spirits and hearts.

If all I want is an orgasm, that can be obtained easily enough. But an orgasm without the love is merely a physical release and nothing more.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Okay I couldn't resist, I'll answer too.

Sex is an act, love is a feeling.

Making love to someone you are deeply into is unequivocal to the primal pleasure of sex itself. Having multiple partners doesn't mean you have to love each one. And not all sexual experiences are necessarily pleasurable. You can also be deeply in love with someone and never have sex.

Personally, I love being in love and sharing that space with that person. And I also prefer it to just the act itself with a person that you do not love.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by KayEm
It's like the difference between having a filet o fish and fries from McDonalds or the best rib dinner from Tony Romas with a great bottle of wine.

Tony Roma's? I dare say you may have yet to be loved, KayEm... Tony Roma's isn't that far removed from greats such as McDonalds!

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
WRONG FAWKING FORUM DUDE!!

[Edited on 17-4-2004 by Lysergic]

Nah it seems a fine forum for it.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos

Tony Roma's? I dare say you may have yet to be loved, KayEm... Tony Roma's isn't that far removed from greats such as McDonalds!

DeltaChaos

Believe me, DC I am loved JUST fine

Tony Romas is fabulous. The one where I live anyway. But yes, I realize a lot of chain restaurants can't compare to private haunts so I'll switch Tony Romas to Jonathans Oyster Bar. How's that ?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I've been in love so many times and had it fall apart that I don't believe in it anymore.
The purpose of life is to pass your genetic structure on to the next generation. Sex is the act that accomplishes this goal. You get an enjoyable physical sensation as an incentive to pass on you genes. I don't think love has anything to do with it.
Sex is great. Whether it's with someone you love or a stranger. Do it often and with as many people as you can. That's what it's there for.

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:32 AM
link   

...chain restaurants can't compare to private haunts so I'll switch Tony Romas to Jonathans Oyster Bar. How's that ?
Jonny's Oyster Bar? I hate oysters, but I love bars! Absolutely acceptable...

I'm sorry, Tony Roma's is just no place to take a lady.

DeltaChaos

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One more thing; Don't forget to wear your raincoat!

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiderj

Of course you can have sex with someone you don't love.

I had a very fulfilling sexual relationship for almost a year with a woman who I couldn't stand and she actually I think found me more despicable.

But the sex was fantastic.

You don't need love for great sex and you don't need great sex for love, but needless to say if you can find love and great sex with one person (or two if your Mormon and in Utah) then nothing gets better than that.

Sex and love are two completely different things, but one does enhance the other.

Spiderj

Very good post SpiderJ ... ditto that!!!

new topics

top topics

join