It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the study of UFO and Alien life is the most important thing we all can do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey, I'm on board the flying saucer express. Have been for decades.

Okay, so the Aliens make everything on Earth perfect. Question: then, what do we...you know, do?

With all the problems solved, all the diseases cured and all the energy free - what will the 6 billion inhabitants of Earth be doing with all that new found leisure time?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

This thread is very thought provoking and a great presentation for diligent study of UFO/extraterrestrials. I agree with a lot of the points you made especially - "taking possession of knowledge kept by power-addicted and profit-drunk". As well as you emphasising the possibilities and technologies "some of us KNOW are already here".

You asked some great questions;

why we are not all more intent on discovering the reality of UFO and Alien phenomena

Why is not everyone supporting or helping us understand and discover the reality of extraterrestrial intelligence if not make actual contact?

Is there any more important study we CAN do?

I can't answer the first two, I don't think there's any reason for us not to be interested in ET information and discoveries.

The only point I would argue is regarding the overall importance of our perceived reality or the truth.

The only way I can think of it is how I believe extraterrestrials would be overwhelmingly aware of our situation and our institution as a race. In that they are very aware that we are not in the business of helping ourselves as a race. They would see the real truth and in my opinion realize we as a race aren't even collectively responsible for our own wellbeing.

I think they see our establishments, industry, any systematic practice in general, as information being compartmentalized and controlled. Great discoveries are not put on the "path to fruitation" we'll say for a lack of a better term. Why would they respect that?

Which is why we can't think as though our collective scientific prowess would not allow important information to go unused. We don't work together, we work against each other. It's sad really, I feel bad for us.

Ultimately how responsible are we for the information that could be available to us about extraterrestrial life? I think the most important topic of study is anything that falls into the area, which you put very well when you exemplified 'the future of our species'.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Everytime there is a problem in the world some one sees a UFO. If is not here in the US it is some where else. No one in the world has a detailed photo of a UFO, but I can show you a 1000 photos of top secret military aircraft that has been seen in the same areas as the so called UFO's.

WAKE UP IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!

We have a freaking international crisis on our hands and we are worried about UFO's and spending every spare second of our time to research.

Are you one of the fortunate ones whose job is still there? What will you be doing when your job is gone and your nest egg disapears?

Please, I ask you now to use your talent and resources to expose these people who are doing this.

Can any of you imagine how much money 2 Trillion dollars is?

Please, I ask you in the most generous way I know.

Eye of Eagle

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

Maybe the Aliens hacked into our Computers and transfered to money some
patsy on Omicron Persei 8 and then Laundered on Chapek 9....

Funny: All the Money lost by banks, and the Gov giving them more virtual money
to spend on Hookers. No Money actually existed or changed hands,
it only exists in Computers as Ones and Zeros. What if the Computer Lied.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I think this thread comes at the perfect time. Especially in light of our the current geopolitical/economic climate and threads like the one below.. Designed to make you think "why is the study of UFO and alien life important at all?". And it really is.. Regardless of whatever is currently going on in the world.

A Warning to the Alien / UFO Board... I don't think you'll care about this subject when the SHTF.

Right now alot of people are pulling their hair out night and day about what is going on with the economy. There's nothing we can do to prevent that. All we can do is pursue what we individually see as important. But to be judged by others because of your personal interests is pretty ridiculous. Especially for ATS where that kind of thing rarely happens. Anyway, I think this was the perfect thread at the perfect time.

Some of us don't pursue, read, research, and/or study UFO and the paranormal because we think it trumps the bigger troubles at the macro-society level. We do it because we work hard and like to pursue our interests on our free time and to wind down after a hard day at work. And there is this little tidbit too.. The truth is what we are after. Nothing more, nothing less. If UFO's are real (and I believe they are) then it is the most important topic in human history..
(Although some would probably think it is all about what happens when you die.. Which we won't ever know anyway until we die ourselves).

People just fail to realize how insignificant humanity really is in the big picture..... Individual and political troubles are utterly insignificant in the grand scheme of things (the incomprehensibly immense ocean of our universe). Humans have a tendency to magnify their problems and project those problems in a way that is absolutely of no consequence in the big picture. And our problems are usually about things we have no control over in the first place...LOL!

Thought I would project a little bit of awakening.

-ChriS

[edit on 6-3-2009 by BlasteR]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
The aliens are not going to give us much of anything--nor should they. What is the more cherished gift; one you work for, or one you are given? A alien book of moral lessons, how to think rationally and creatively, and maybe a few clues to the science were missing would be a nice start.

Personality--here's a big thing a lot of us forget. There are many different personality types in humans, not everyone studies aliens because not everyone is drawn to it, and never will be. Studying supposed aliens doesn't make you rich, doesn't usually draw a lover, nor does it get you recognized as an important person. Of course someday it will--but to limited thinkers, right now it's just geek talk...but we all know the geeks always are ahead of the curve.

JOBS!! Don't study aliens! Go fix the economy! I understand this point a lot--but also see past it. It's sad that our lives and what's important is a job and money. In fact the love of money is what got us in this global mess. There's a better system out there, but money is power so the game will go on till women say: "I don't care about your money". Till our parents say: "I don't care what you do". Till our friends say: "I respect you're willing to live a different life". Till man says: "I don't need to control everything".

[edit on 3/6/09 by Atomic]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Maybe we could steal technology, from those race(s) abducting humans.

Then program their ships(or our own back-engineered ones) at a stealthed collision course at their suns to wipe out their own solar systems.

Done at 99.99999999...%c, it could trigger a super nova and/or turn their sun into a black hole, then releasing a powerful burst of gamma rays. That should put an end to the abductions!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I've thought of this many times, but quite honestly, it's not up to us. And I'm not certain it's in our best interest to be bailed out of our messes by another race in our galactic neighborhood.

If we are being watched, they could intervene at any time if they wish. That they choose not to is a pretty clear indication that either it's their policy to not do so (as I'd guess ours would be as well, if we were visiting other words), or they think we are not ready. Maybe it's a test of sorts. Or maybe something colder. They won't interfere negatively, but they will wait and watch, and if we blow ourselves to kingdom-come, they can take over our planets resources.

There is also this: Thinking ahead, let's say I dunno... 200 years from now. We have been severely bailed out by some civilization in our galaxy. Do you know much we'd be in debt to them for this? If China showed up on our shores offering to help us, do you think we'd accept? No... and for very good reasons.

But the bottom line is, we are a very warlike race. Many sightings have been near nuclear tests sites (including Roswell), and at nuclear facilities and missile bases. Would YOU offer advances to such a society? I wouldn't.

As much as I love the thought of learning and trading from another galactic race, I don't think that's reality. I doubt we have much they need, we'd hardly be ideal commerce partners. There probably isn't much that we could teach them. We are violent. We don't have much to offer them at all.

If I was on an island, and had boats.. and rowed on over to a neighboring island where the natives were flinging spears at each other, but didn't have boats.. the first thing I would do.. would NOT be to teach them how to make them.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by fleabit]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
ZeroGhost that was amazing and your amazing,

(Reality hurts call it a bird

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asmus
Very stimulating thread!

I do not know that I personally have much more to add upon that which has already been stated. I can say however, that we also have to learn more self-responsiblity.

None of our responsibilities are reduced in this. We don't drop everything to look for ET. You are right. That would be crazy.

In our exploration of the possibilities and ecologically of what we are actually up against, we have to educate ourselves, try to be better, even force ourselves to be more intelligent and not hide from our actual problems with too much concern for what we would loose and not for the greater measure of what we would gain.

The elements in our society of greed, service to one and over centralization making everything teetering on the whims of one disconnected or self serving point does not work. It corrupts itself by its very nature. That needs to change before we can graduate just for the right to survive.

Seeing it is in our differences that we are the same, and those differences are part of a single powerful collective being.

I am just saying this serious study is more important than invading countries for resources and power. Or political-economic wars fought with consumerism and market invasions and leveraging indebtedness.

We wont get to talk to another species unless we get in a better frame of mind.

The last time this happened everyone lied, took the goodies and went back to what they where doing. Other species won't be fooled again.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

I believe there are more important things.

Some that come to my mind are:

- Studying how we can save the environment
- Studying how we can help the poor in the third world
- Studying how we can avoid war, especially a nuclear one

That said, this UFO stuff sure is more interesting. And probably will lead to some verifiable findings in the end. Or at least SETI will...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Nice Post

Star & Flag

What you say is interesting (exopolitics aside), but we have to consider what other posters says when a more "advanced" culture meets a less advanced one, history says is not good the result (for the less advanced at least) and we can see that in America.

Saludos

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kobe88
I think it's very likely that there are aliens but why is it that there is no HARD evidence??? I think the strongest evidence I have seen so far are the pictures from Mars with the face and pyramids...

In fact, there is overwhelming, corroborated, scientific and even legal proof. You need to look, read and listen. It is not in the popular press, sitcoms, grade school science. Try FOIA documents and official records.

The knowledge is actually managed. It is in plain site, yet we cant see it because we are told it is not real.

There IS physical evidence, documents and testimony. Hundreds of thousands of sworn witnesses, photos, video, film, radar track, physical evidence, There are thousands of military, government, doctors, nurses, police,public servants, that every day we place our life in their hands, but yet we do not trust in their word when they say they will stake their lives on the fact these things are real. Most cant tell us what they saw, but will stake their lives on the fact they experienced it.

It's ironic that we trust these dedicated people to protect us and help us, but don't trust them enough to believe what they are telling us they know, have experienced and have seen.

Start to look beyond the main media. Keep on ATS and radio shows like Coast 2 Coast, Jeff Rense and hundreds of other programs, books and articles that through their dedication to truth and exploration of the subject and guests that will tell you anything they can tell you, risking their lives in some cases to give you that truth.

There are a few bad apples and planted sour fruits in the box, but that is normal. The major portion of the bushel is still good.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by univac500
Hey, I'm on board the flying saucer express. Have been for decades.

Okay, so the Aliens make everything on Earth perfect. Question: then, what do we...you know, do?

With all the problems solved, all the diseases cured and all the energy free - what will the 6 billion inhabitants of Earth be doing with all that new found leisure time?

Well besides the fact I don't think we can solve all our problems, even with the help of alien intervention, I myself would explore and begin gathering knowledge to bring it back to share the wonders with the children who would follow later with greater inspiration, spiritual power, understanding and potentials.

Remember when "Elly" from the movie Contact was in awe of what she, as a scientist, was seeing? She said "they should have sent an artist or a poet."

I'd sign up for that.

Can't say what others would do.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by cisnerosmtz

Nice Post

Star & Flag

What you say is interesting (exopolitics aside), but we have to consider what other posters says when a more "advanced" culture meets a less advanced one, history says is not good the result (for the less advanced at least) and we can see that in America.

Saludos

Yup. We all know the sayings that any society absorbed into a larger society is destroyed. Well, their culture is destroyed if not respected and preserved, but what part of our culture could we stand to loose?

I can think of a boatload of changes we need to actually be healthy happy and wise as a society.

Maybe there are possibilities we will evolve more appropriately than if we flail about blindly in the china shop of reality.

Expect change.

In any case.

ZG

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Just wanted to add a short thought I had while reading this thread....Yes there has been pictures and cave paintings of ufos and et, but it wasn't till around the time after the first atomic bomb was tested at the trinity site that there was a boom in ufo sightings.

Maybe the aliens are the ones who gave us help on the production of the first atomic bomb and that was our "test"....to see what we would do with it.....give the monkeys a loaded gun and see how many monkeys get shot before it realizes it just killed all of it's family and want's to stop using it our destroy all the rest of the monkeys....then they come and poke around for a while to see what the after effects of the actuall usages of the "gift" had on our world and bodies.

Since we as a race did not kill each other off with it we have attracted even more interest from ufos?

(edit for spelling) I'm tired.

[edit on 6-3-2009 by Vandermast]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Etsivä Romppainen

I believe there are more important things.

Some that come to my mind are:

- Studying how we can save the environment
- Studying how we can help the poor in the third world
- Studying how we can avoid war, especially a nuclear one

That said, this UFO stuff sure is more interesting. And probably will lead to some verifiable findings in the end. Or at least SETI will...

Not to sound rude but..the only thing verifiable at all that SETI could find is radio signals and static that MIGHT have something to do with an intelligent source. Meanwhile, we have all of these pretty remarkable things unfolding right below our very noses.. Here on earth. I think that if other intelligent life exists in our universe it makes sense that they would already be here because they would be exponentially more technologically advanced than we.

I saw an episode of "Larry King Live" recently on youtube that really helped put things in perspective on all this. The topic of discussion was aliens and UFO's and one of the people present was the director of the SETI project. When you see the SETI director being put to shame by reason and common sense, you really start to understand how ignorant our own scientific community remains to this day while the UFO phenomenon unfolds right in front of our faces.

Maybe someday our mainstream scientific establishment will set aside its long-held fears and eventually come back to reality. "Pseudoscience" is a term designed to discredit and deligitimize things when:
1- There isn't enough "hard" scientific evidence to support something the establishment is already against.
2- The only reason such proof doesn't exist is because these same scientists won't do the research in the first place.

Its easy to discredit already existing UFO evidence when you can judge/categorize it as illegitimate and then say that the evidence is non-scientific because it wasn't done in a controlled environment and it wasn't done by a scientist. At that point, scientists can dodge the issue altogether regardless of what evidence already exists.

"Pseudoscience" does not necessarily imply a false phenomenon. It simply implies that something is not legitimate, real, or signficant to the scientific community because they won't do the research to look into it. This goes for UFO's, crop circles, the paranormal.. There are many examples.. I think the scientific community is largely paranoid that it might be proven wrong.

One of the big problems is that the scientists say "Well if its real then show me the evidence". Well, who is supposed to do the research? If some guy goes out to collect said evidence (someone who is not a scienist per se) he/she will inevitably be discredited because he/she isn't a scientist......
I think anyone could understand this dilemma. And the scientists do too. They just don't want to be discredited themselves which would discredit other people and other schools and organisations. It means less money in the form of research grants.. Which means less work (If you aren't completely chastized and thrown out of your own party by your scientific peers for committing such social suicide).

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   

I agree 100%. We really need to be making a serious effort on building a broader and stable, more accepting frame of mind. I honestly believe that we can accomplish this. People need to begin empowering themselves so that we can actually see that future, instead of deciding it is not possible for various reasons, most of which are preconditioned.

I have personally been trying to understand the different motives and different factions involved with all of the activity going on out there/in here. There does seem to be some clues pointing towards our genetics, even by some of the more positive races visiting. We may honestly be sitting on some very valuable genetic stock down here. I wish I had more of the puzzle pieces to understand what and why exactly this is.

Technology needs to be developed and used with spirituality in mind. The two need to remain in harmony so that we can not only benefit the most from it, but so we can prevent the destruction of our home and ourselves. We cannot have it any other way, we would not survive.

Above all, we need to really start sticking together. We need to really think together, we need to work together. Truly, we need to start living together. We can have it all and so much more, things we've yet to even dream of. That is our future, if we want it.. and I know we do.

Be in peace. Live in Love.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:45 AM
link   
And maybe while you're all looking up you'll be dealt a swift metaphorical kick in the groin when you least expected it!

"Bhaaaaaa, bhaaaaaa, bhaaaaaa"

Why do you look for answers from a source that is not yet evident?

Start at home....or is that reality too difficult and entails nasty things like hard work, responsibility and accountability?

"Humans, yes I remember that ball of dirt....."

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
To be a little more clear, I don't think this is the only thing we should be doing. By any logic.

But it should be at least an equal part of our sciences, philosophic, spiritual, political, social effort and practical exploration of our world.

Right now THIS IS IT.

No agency to gather information and distribute the results. No investigation and disclosure. No laws protecting our right to know being respected. Nada. Why?

Referencing the short list of potentials I made, should this not be much more important a task? As it bears fruit, you add more baskets and processing. Simple.

Just a place at the table please.

I guarantee, when everyone is vindicated by the truth, and that these things are real and they are no longer considered crazy, laughed at or chastised and shamed by society, that people of all types and standings in our communities will be coming out of the woodwork with stories, experiences, and even solid evidence.

Then we can begin to grow again in knowledge, understanding and hope.

ZG

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join