It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposal: Negative Stars and Deflagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I believe the current "Star and Flag" system, as much as it is great for promoting posts and threads, still lacks a feature I feel most of us have wished we could have done from time to time-

And that is the ability to subtract a star from a post or deflag a thread.

I know in most cases, you find a response to the post you disagree with, and star that one, but sometimes I can't find one star-worthy enough, when all I want to do is "de-star" the offending post, possibly earning that post a "negative star". They could be RED colored stars, which might make it easier for mods to peruse through threads in search of off-topic posts or uncivil comments.. whatever, I'm just throwing that out there. Same thing with deflagging threads. This may have already been proposed before, but I think it will provide a better equilibrium or balance in feedback to ATS, and our community.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Or you can submit a formal suggestion to be reviewed by the entire ATS staff here.

This topic comes up all of the time and has been discussed at great length in several threads. Here is an example of the same topic being mentioned only about a week ago.

Either of the first two links will allow for you to voice your opinions on this matter. The first of which can allow for discussion.

Closing thread...

join