It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Aliens posess 'star trek' technology? Screenshot included

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Ok here's a shot from the new movie showing the "Transporter" effect:

"The transporter is a subspace device capable of almost instantaneously moving an object from one location to another. Transporters are able to dematerialize, transmit and reassemble an object. The act of transporting is often referred to as "beaming."
memory-alpha.org...

And it dawned on me, why don't aliens make their technology SO small they could basically wear the ship on their belt and effectively 'beam' themselves across the universe? Im not quite sure it would ever be feasible for a computer to digitize a being, remember where all the sub atomic particles go and put them back together at the other end? However maybe it works on a similar principle, the device creates a similar 'shell' at the destination using quantum entanglement, then the information is sent to re-create that entity at the other end. Although the question is would the soul go with it, or could it be a duplicate but separate entity/soul at that location?

This could explain how Aliens can move so freely and abduct their victims?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Also all matter is made up of quantum information that could be transported from one destination to the other and then materialize. Since the quantum information is already programmed to make you anyway there is no doubt that it could re-materialize you on the other side.

Unfortunately this kind of physics is still theory with a lot of support to back it up. Hold on Ill post an article after this. So far the only way we have been able to do teleportation is to create a copy on the other side as you described only problem is the original is destroyed.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here are the articles

physicsworld.com...

Since that one may melt your brain here is one that is more simplistic.

A Qbit walks into a bar

Sure these articles don't support the teleportation of matter but with all the constant discoveries in this area of science it could be possible. I would like to correct my previous post because of misinterpretation.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting that, and this part of the theory ALWAYS amazes me that
"But in the quantum world, the act of measuring a particle alters it. Until it’s measured, an atom or photon can remain in an ambiguous state of all possible values simultaneously"
So if thats going on in the quantum level..how does it effect matter..all of US on this level?! If things are not certain or created until we PERCEIVE them..could the very act of PERCEIVING a UFO make it REAL?? Meaning its there, but we just cant see it until we make it true..meaning that the Aliens could be very well walking among us but because we have chosen a different reality consciously, we cannot see them. Only those people who open their minds to another possibility do they reveal themselves?
Now Im a 'nuts & bolts' kinda guy, I believe they are physical..but also something else? At least a lot of testimony points in that direction..but its even less understood than the little we do know about them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yeah but also take into consideration that if they communicate on a telepathic level then they would theoretically have the ability to influence your mind to the point that they appear to be a normal person just like everyone else when in reality they are not. Just a hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Thats a good point too I never thought of that?

Originally posted by DaMod
Yeah but also take into consideration that if they communicate on a telepathic level then they would theoretically have the ability to influence your mind to the point that they appear to be a normal person just like everyone else when in reality they are not. Just a hypothesis.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
No, it isn't going to ever be possible to teleport humans/animals/plants without killing the creature.

What we will discover is that we can teleport inanimate objects with no problem, but with living creatures the teleportation process will separate the "meat" of the creature from it's "life force". Result being the body is moved, but the life/spirit/consciousness dissolves back into the universe, not unlike normal death.

We will try and try to make it work, but we will never be able to sustain the life of the creature through teleportation.

There are limits in this Universe, and that is one of them.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by harrytuttle]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I think time would be a factor in this...

You're going from one place to another. Given how long it would take to transport yourself to your destination you'd be losing a millisecond, second, minute...however long it takes.

Also, seeing as how time is delayed, I would think this is a major contributing factor.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Thats very interesting, it does raise questions about the soul/body connection and I guess we might learn alot about it by trying..although I wouldn't volunteer.
Perhaps the transporter would open up a local wormhole event instead so the body would be stepping from one end to the other. I think its entirely feasible given the fact another race may be thousands or millions of technological years head start on us. You could say we have only been really technological for 100 years..200 if your generous? We're BABYS..!

Originally posted by harrytuttle
No, it isn't going to ever be possible to teleport humans/animals/plants without killing the creature.

What we will discover is that we can teleport inanimate objects with no problem, but with living creatures the teleportation process will separate the "meat" of the creature from it's "life force". Result being the body is moved, but the life/spirit/consciousness dissolves back into the universe, not unlike normal death.

We will try and try to make it work, but we will never be able to sustain the life of the creature through teleportation.

There are limits in this Universe, and that is one of them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

There are no limits. Maybe in your normal everyday life. Sorry but you're wrong.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Gouki]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I've found that humans have tremondous capacity to
succeed to reach any heights. Tele-transportation could
be closer than we think, many scientists are working day
and night to bring forth great discoveries.

It's the noise in Star trek when they're transporting that
may become the difficult thing... would anyone be able to
keep a straight face?
The door that you pass through to the 'Tele-Chamber'...
it makes that 'shhhhuckop' sound, (Sorry, I was - door was
a little sticky. Did you see that? I'll get one of my boys up
here with a can of WD-40.)... that'll set most folk off.

But I digress, the idea that we'll have to wear those strange
boots and half-mast trousers A.K.A Shatner's Pants, when
meeting other civilisations, that's the REAL embarrasment.
As discussed on other sites, would the Omega 13 be the answer?
I feel it needs further study.

But as Albert Einstien said to his boss at the Patent Office as
he left... "Never give up, never surrender!"
Anyway, we delivered the bomb.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by IronMan]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I actually think we have already managed successful teleportation on a microscopic scale. Let me find a reference to that.

Ah yes, here it is.

top topics

join