It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

luck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
right, i wasnt sure were to put this so i plonked it in here.

yesterday, i was walking through some woods with my mate and a football, and we got out of the woods into a field. (yes, this is going somewhere). the first reaction you have is to kick the ball as hard and far as you can (well for me anyway) so i did. in this field, there are 3 trees. now, its a big field, and its about a 1-1000 chance to get it in them. my mate went just after i kicked it "i wish it got stuck". it did. in the highest of the 3 trees in the highest branch. bugger.

we spent about 15mins chucking rocks at the ball, as it there were no low branches to climb up with. we were crap and missed nearly every time, apart from the odd 5 or 6, which clearly showed us it was obvious that that ball was going no where. we got bored and my mate said "ok just one more for luck". he bloody got the ball down with that last rock.

ok, so its not a conspiracy or anything but it is kind of spooky that it seemed that the wishing and the luck managed to get the ball up, and down.

just me i think.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
nothing spooky here, just down to simple chance and luck.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
probability would eventually have to play out in your favor.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Its called Synchronillagy (Sorry if I mispelled), its a proven scientific theory. Where you can will things to happen. A good example (true story), a guy was driving down the road and the bandaid fell off his finger and flew out the window, he was in pain for he accidentally cut his finger the day before. He said "I wish I had another bandaid" instantly a brand new bandaid flew right in the window into his lap. Look it up.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think you were standing in the Wishing Field, where whatever you wish for comes true! Try going back and wishing something else and see if it works...

And if it does, send co-ordinates.

DC

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
I think you were standing in the Wishing Field, where whatever you wish for comes true! Try going back and wishing something else and see if it works...

And if it does, send co-ordinates.

DC

lol, thats funny. That sounds cool though. If only you could do that with money and other things.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ricta
Its called Synchronillagy (Sorry if I mispelled), its a proven scientific theory. Where you can will things to happen. A good example (true story), a guy was driving down the road and the bandaid fell off his finger and flew out the window, he was in pain for he accidentally cut his finger the day before. He said "I wish I had another bandaid" instantly a brand new bandaid flew right in the window into his lap. Look it up.

look it up? where? if u say the internet, i think i will just have to laugh. there is so much random crap on the web now, and so many urban legends that are "100% true, it happened to my friends neighbors ex-gf". ill go with Evil's story though, since he said it happened to him, but unless u are sure it came from a offical document, i wouldnt believe it. call me close-minded, but i dont like to believe info that cant be acurately proven. (my apoligies by the way if i am totally wrong in this instance)

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Can you site a reference, Ricta? I'm with pineappleupsidedown on this. Send a reference on future stories.

regs out...

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I would put this down as micropsychokinesis. The psychic term for effecting chance.

Oh, and you say that it was your friends "last throw". Well of course it was...

top topics

join