It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 9, aborts twins after rape

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

Does this 9 year old human not have any rights? What about her right to her child hood, or her right to let her body grow and mature without being mutilated, or perhaps her right to life? We cannot say for sure but I really wouldnt like her chances carrying these 2 babies for 30 odd weeks....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I dont know of many 9 year olds who have had twins but her chance of babies and herself surviving must be slim. There is no way she could be expected to go through with the pain of labour or even near it. The church is doomed to failure and has its priorities mixed up. The evil man should be punished, not her. And yes, those unborn children are innocent, but so was she.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm no expert on the Brazillian government or anything but how exactly can a church charge an individual with a crime?

Also, who cares what a church thinks? Why does it bother so many of you? It's no different than if the guy at the end of street said "gee, I dont think she should have an abortion" What is that worth? It's just an opinion held by an entity nothing more, nothing less.

Unless of course Brazil is indeed a theocracy ans some church really had the authority to arrest and charge and prosecute but if this were the case I doubt the "Carnivale" escapades would go on as they do.

Replace "the catholic church blah, blah, blah" with "some guy named Steve blah, blah, blah" and would this guy Steve be the subject of all this venom?

The church is a non-issue.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
During the time abortion is an option, the so-called "human life" is like a blob of slime.
The young girl, however, is a human being. She stands above what was forcefully put into her.
Odds says that she would not live through labour and that the twins would come out pretty deranged.
She has a long period of physical and mental trauma to live through.
Good for her to know where she can't find support. Too bad they "represent" some sort of "God"...
Geesh, they kind of put themselves on the pyre.

I think you can remove that without guilt.

The (Catholic) Church is not up to date with much.
Especially not science and history.

And yeah... all the other stuff as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

For me the difference is that the church has the power to sway millions of people, and by telling people what is and isn't allowed, they control them.. Their word is law in some parts of the world, what they say is allowed is allowed. Maybe not legally, but still, people listen to the church, won't go against their ideas. Some guy on the street saying it, to be honest nobody will really listen to, and obviously nobody would base their lives around his ideas.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

Not sure were you live at, but people are being killed for far less than this post. But , hey, were only human..!

Huh?
Where I live is posted right over there on the left by my avatar.

People being killed for less than my post?

What the hell are you talking about?

If people don't like my opinions than put me on ignore that's what it's for.

I could care less who likes it or not, IMO this man should be dead - no compromise.

peace

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkPassenger

I dont know about all that. These people follow the rule of the church so strictly that they wont abort but they'll have sex out of wedlock or commit rape?

Seems like this rick-solid obedience is already pretty half-assed to begin with.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Anybody that can agree with a 9 year old child to be forced to carry a pregnancy is either ignorant or just beyond reasoning.

First of all a 9 year old child uterus will never be able to carry a pregnancy to full term, no brainier here.

The Uterus of a 9 year old child is not mature enough, the "fetus" only one will never survived and neither the mother child.

So lets stop the poor Fetuses here think that they were already death from the time that she was impregnated with them and so was she if she was allowed to be force until whatever term was she forced to live until.

Tragedy of 9-Year-Old's Abortion Fatima Maia, director of the public university hospital where the abortion was performed, said the 15-week-old pregnancy posed a serious risk to the 80-pound (36-kilogram) girl. "She is very small. Her uterus doesn't have the ability to hold one, let alone two children," Maia told the Jornal do Brasil newspaper. But Marcio Miranda, a lawyer for the Archdiocese of Olinda and Recife in northeastern Brazil, said the girl should have carried the twins to term and had a Caesarean section. "It's the law of God: Do not kill. We consider this murder," Miranda said in comments reported by O Globo. Calls to Miranda were not immediately returned. Brazil is home to more Catholics than any other nation.

Obviously the Church here is acting with criminal intentions under the umbrella of whatever they think they are protecting and they should be prosecuted for that alone.

No wonder I can not stand organized religion and this is one of the reasons why.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This was the right choice... there is more likelyhood the child and the children would have died during child birth, especially at that young age and because they were twins.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So......the church places a higher value on the lives of the unborn than it does of one already living????

WOW! Kinda seems a bit skewed to me.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

That and the fact that the Church careless if the poor child's uterus falls off on the floor and she has to carry it in a wheel barrow as long as the "fetuses" are alive, so they can score one with God.

Things like this make you wonder about the truth intentions of manipulated faith.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Its always amusing to me when the Roman Catholic church preaches morality in the face of its own actions most recently with the pedofile priests and taking a stoll down its history its hardly in a position to preach anything.

How exactly is the "Church" as the article says going to charge the mom with murder?
I was not aware they were the governing body in that country

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

No they are not, but the fact is that they are the majority ruling religion in the nation, that alone brings the issue of how much power in politics the church have.

If this is like it was when I was growing up in my Island and the Catholic church was dominant they pretty much have a say so on ever thing from education to health and government.

Now the fundamentalist has take over and the Catholic church has lost its power.

At least the fundamentalist are not as powerful as the Catholic church was when it comes to government.

But faith, damnation and horrors of hell can do wonders on the peoples mind.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

What kills me is that they go on and on about adoption yet, how many of those that preach such are lined up to take say an African American baby?

Its do as we command not as we do kind of mentality.

I agree with you that they pull the strings in alot of those countries. Its kind of like thier last bastion.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I highly suggest that if the government pursues her or her mother on these charges, that they seek asylum in a better country. Try Canada.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

The church has gotten away with abotion banning in Brazil, but what they Church doesn't tell is what goes on with abortion in that nation even when is banned.

Despite the law, it is believed that over 1,000,000 clandestine abortions take place in Brazil, and over 70,000 women die of complications from clandestine abortion attempts, each year. In some states, like Bahia, female mortality rates are 5 times higher than the limit accepted by the World Health Organization, most are deaths caused by complications resulting from illegal abortions

globalvoicesonline.org...

This tells you how much actual concern the Church have on the lives of the women in that nation.

They rather see the women die in the name of the lord.

Sad.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthquest
reply to post by VIKINGANT

So you can go ahead and pretend you are morally superior to the Catholic church.

Do you realise how arrogant that sounds?

This would be the church that tells africans not to use condoms letting millions die of aids?

The church that hides & protects its child abusing priests from prosecution?

I dislike religion a lot but i have to say the catholic church tops the list.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The stepfather probably wants to anchor the girl to the home, because the mom is getting old (she probably didn't have the strength to confront him either).

He's selfish, disgusting and emotionally underdeveloped, and doesn't deserve to have any kids much less a kid by his own stepdaughter.

Some people would say that aborting the baby would mean that the rapist had accomplished his goal of having sex without any consequences. My view is that once a pedophile, always a pedophile. He's liable to abuse those children as well.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Does anyone really believe the church gives a crap about this little girl or the unborn fetus(s). As society advances, the church becomes less relevant. Less relevance brings in less members. By taking a strong stand against abortion and birth control they ensure more children born to Catholics and thus potential future members.

The church has had their hand in so much killing and violence over the centuries that to claim they are concerned with human rights is laughable. The only thing that concerns the church is what benefits the church.

(not speaking of individuals here but the church as an organization)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Uggg. This is so hard for me.

I am 100% against abortion. I have been in a situation where I can make a judgement on rape, pregnancy and abortion, etc.

Yet at the same time, my heart bleeds for this little girl
And understanding how a body works during pregnancy - especially a small body - and knowing how a little girl can not physically handle a pregnancy such as this and knowing what one goes thru in a situation like this..................it causes such conflict in me

I believe unborn babies are humans - at all stages. Yet I know this girl would not surivive. And her life is just as precious. Just as deserving.

And the Christian in me is in conflict over why God would allow this to happen to his girl (or any other girls in similar situations). Why Why Why

I see both sides to the issue. And I am so glad that I do not have to make any decision in a case like this.

Bless her
I believe what was done, was what was needed to be done.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join