It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Corn and Contraceptives... What's in Your Taco?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I was perusing around the interwebs, and came across an article I feel is very important.

All of here at ATS know that biotech corporations such as Monsanto and their ilk put god knows what into our food, and isn't required to tell us anything about it. This article isn't new, but i searched ATS and didn't see it represented anywhere on here, so for your viewing pleasure

*disclaimer* if you are a male that has problems with your sperm count, then be advised that what this corporation is doing will probably piss you off to an extent you can't begin to describe.

Scientists have created the ultimate GM crop: contraceptive
corn. Waiving fields of maize may one day save the world
from overpopulation. The pregnancy prevention plants are the handiwork of the San Diego biotechnology company Epicyte, where researchers have
discovered a rare class of human antibodies that attack sperm.

SOURCE

They say that they won't grow the corn near other crops, but if this article was in 2001, who's to say that these corporations couldn't slowly integrate things like this into our everyday crops?

again I ask... what's in YOUR taco?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:12 AM
link   
I had taco's for dinner tonight.

I may have to put more on my do not consume list.

Thanks for the info. Nice find.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
i had tacos for dinner the other night as well.

why would a company genetically alter a food source to do something like this? how does this round table discussion begin??

scientist #1: so..... what do you guys wanna do this month?

scientist #2: hmm... what if we make it so that corn sterilizes the populations of those that eat it?

scientist #1: oooh, we could use it to taper off the populations of africa that are starving! we sell the corn to the nonprofits that are trying to help them...they give it to the starving people, they eat it, they can't have any more starving babies... we just solved the world's overpopulation problem!!

scientist #2: We'll be RICH!

corporation CEO: no, you guys will still make your measley salary, I'LL be the one who's RICH!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I just had tacos last night. (Apparently tacos are popular!) Rather odd, I wonder what has happened between then and now.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
some company also was trying to make 'heat stable vaccinations' In essence, vaccinations in vegtables such as tomatoes and potatoes. They were sucessful, but decided to move to non food plants to produce the vaccinations. It is scary what can be done with our food supply.

If these genes can be added to corn, they can be added to other vegtables as well.

new topics

top topics

join