It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rove, Miers to talk in U.S. attorneys probe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Rove, Miers to talk in U.S. attorneys probe

politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com< br />

WASHINGTON (CNN) — Former White House political adviser Karl Rove and counsel Harriet Miers have agreed to face questions from Congress about allegations of improper political influence in the Justice Department, the House Judiciary Committee announced Wednesday.

Both will give depositions to investigators from the committee, and claims of privilege will be "significantly limited," according to a statement from the committee. Rove and Miers had been resisting congressional subpoenas about the matter, but a federal judge in Washington ruled that the former Bush administration officials had no grounds to invoke executive privilege in the case.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Karl Rove will finally have to answer to congress. i dont know how much detail they will beat out of him, but i hope they find enough evidence to prosecute the whole administration for all their war crimes! this is the best news i have read all night!

if this has been posted already, please remove. i couldn't find it when i searched ATS.

www.cnn.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

More Linkage:

www.foxnews.com... ns/2009/03/05/exclusive-rove-warns-trial-says-dems-love-barbecued/

[edit on 3/5/2009 by ugie1028] (the link was wrong for some reason. i think i fixed it, if not, mods... help?)

[edit on 3/5/2009 by ugie1028] ADDED FOX NEWS LINK

[edit on 3/5/2009 by ugie1028]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I hope that they break Karl Rove.

Do I think he'll say anything that can be used against the administration? No.

IMO this is a dog and pony show. They just want it to look like they're going after the "Truth".

I hope i'm wrong though. I hope that something good comes from this.

Instead of trying to get the truth about this lawyer scandal, how about we uncover the truth of why we went to iraq?

get ole rove to talk a bit about that, lets see where that rabbit hole goes.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I hope everyone here remembers and memorizes this phrase, "Under the advice of my legal counsel, I am exercising my right to invoke the fifth ammendment in fear that I may incriminate myself"

top topics

join