It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undebatable PROOF that we are not being told everything about the moon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Pretty simple answer; We don't have mapping satellites orbiting the Moon. Given that your big point is that we have google earth and can zoom in anywhere on earth, you need to keep in mind that this is a relatively new thing, AND the earth has thousands of satellites orbiting it.

I would encourage you to be patient because I am sure the ability to zoom in on ever inch on the moon is coming. As they say, absence of proof is not proof of absence.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Just a question ... with a land based telescope or with hubble, would we not be able to see the surface of the moon? Can it see the remains of previous mission? While as was talking about the possibility (unlikely in my sense) of a moon cover up, a friend of mine told me that the remains of apollo mission can be seen from earth. Is it possible?

As for google moon, google is a corporation, when they will have a financial benefit to mapping the moon, they will do it. Now I am not sure that there would be much interrest for those pictures from the general public, except for some people here.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Though perhaps not the "indebatable proof" it is presented as, this does indeed arouse suspicion. After all the times we have been told man has landed on, orbited, explored or otherwise travelled to/near to the moon, they should be able to photograph all the moon's surface like Google Earth. That they can't suggests that a) they never went, or b) there's something there that they don't want us to see.

If a) is correct, this could cause a big problem if we see a meteor coming towards Earth and there's time to stop it, like in Armageddon. Everyone will be like, "Hey NASA, are you gonna go up there and nuke it or what?" and they'll be in a VERY awkward position if they don't actually have the technology to actually go up there in reality. Then they'll either have to admit that to the public (unlikely), or tell more lies about why they won't save humanity. And if they do the latter, you can bet people will find massive flaws in the story, and the only reason it won't matter that much is cos we'll all be dead.

If b) is correct, God only knows what they're hiding from us.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Couldn't they take radar images or something that show the buggies and other stuff there?

Are there any telescopes powerful enough to see the lander sites or any of the left behind artifacts

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by king9072

I can zoom in so close to my house I can see my car, yet I am not allowed to see up close on the moon? The fact that they could show us every inch of the moon, but intentionally do not highlights the fact that we are NOT being told exactly whats going on on the moon.

I can't zoom in to my father's farm, but I'm pretty sure nothings going on up there.

Now I think this is important because it doesn't matter what side of the debate you prefer, the fact that we aren't shown a thing is proof of a conspiracy.

The fact that we aren't shown "a thing", is not axiomatic with a conspiracy.
Maybe we're not shown because there is no data available - eg. my father's farm: a simple case of the satellite not having much interest in that patch to run the gamut of full spectrum magnification. Sorry Dad, but the farm's just not that significant.

So for all those who feel that NASA is an upfront, angelic organization out there for the betterment of space travel... your wrong.

I guess a lot of us knew we were wrong, as you were kind enough to forewarn us that your post was "undebatable". So I guess at this point all of those who are "wrong" should stand up and leave the room.

Where's the door?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual
Er, right. The close-ups on google earth that you speak of are taken by low-flying aircraft, not satellites.

True.

But the technology to zoom in from a satellite exists. It's just not applied that way at least publicly. The main problem with satellite photography at that level is atmospheric distortion. However, there is both software methods to counter atmospheric distortion (assuming one has multiple exposures of a still subject) and hardware methods, with adaptive mirrors.

Adaptive mirrors exist and are known to be used for laser weapon systems.

-rrr

edit:

But to expect this technology to work on the moon is optimistic. The moon is a quarter million miles away, that's dozens of times further away from satellites.

-rrr

[edit on 5-3-2009 by rickyrrr]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by girlwhoquestionseverythin
Though perhaps not the "indebatable proof" it is presented as, this does indeed arouse suspicion. After all the times we have been told man has landed on, orbited, explored or otherwise travelled to/near to the moon, they should be able to photograph all the moon's surface like Google Earth. That they can't suggests that a) they never went, or b) there's something there that they don't want us to see.

If a) is correct, this could cause a big problem if we see a meteor coming towards Earth and there's time to stop it, like in Armageddon. Everyone will be like, "Hey NASA, are you gonna go up there and nuke it or what?" and they'll be in a VERY awkward position if they don't actually have the technology to actually go up there in reality. Then they'll either have to admit that to the public (unlikely), or tell more lies about why they won't save humanity. And if they do the latter, you can bet people will find massive flaws in the story, and the only reason it won't matter that much is cos we'll all be dead.

If b) is correct, God only knows what they're hiding from us.

OR

c) the moon had not been interesting enough to spend a lot of money on with high-resolution imaging missions.

NASA's budget was very limited since the 1970s, so they had to prioritize their attentions -- and they decided to pay more attention to the shuttle, space station, and Mars. The Moon wasn't interesting enough to fit into their budget.

If they spent more money on the Moon and less on Mars, people would have been complaining that NASA must be hiding information about Mars because they hadn't sent any probes after the Viking Missions.

Actually, there has been SOME interest in the Moon (and money spent)over the past 30-40 years, and we have sent SOME imaging satellites to the Moon, such as the 'Clementine' mission. The Clementine orbiter found some interesting things -- such as water ice in a south pole crater -- that sparked enough interest to spawn an expensive Hi-Res mission, which is what the LRO being launced this year is.

Now that we have decided to send people back to the Moon in the next 10 years (and to eventually live in Moon bases), the Moon is suddenly more interesting again, and thus more advanced missions will be sent there and more money will be spent.

[edit on 3/5/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheStev

Are you serious? There are multiple orbiters around the moon?

I agree that there certainly is some information about the moon surface that they dont want to tell us. I dont know why, but I wish I knew why. I have seen so many videos and pictures of apparant structures on the moon and im covinced there there.

But then im hit with the question... who put them there, why and are they active?

I cant understand the point of building anything on the moon. They cant be interested in helium 3 because if there travelling those distances then there using better than heliuim 3. !!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I watched the Sky at Night the other day and it showed the area where the first moon landing was. The pictures were from the recent chinese/japan probe and you could see where they had landed and took off because of a white area which had been blasted away.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by king9072

You are absolute right.

I personnaly think that if that Moon stuff they want us to believe was tue.

We Would have on every channel at the end of the programmation some pictures of the US flag, moon vehicule etc... taken by telescope.

As an astonishing achievement, man on the moon is an absolute propaganda stunt.

But we never see it. With all our telescopes, hubble and so on, name it. All we have are those pics taken 40 years ago.

Why ?

I must point out also the fact that it is not true either to affirm that we have acces to the whole earth with Google.

Pics from the North and south poles are counterfeit and photoshopped.

Why ?

If there is nothing to hide, show it.

Since knowledge is power.

The only thing to be councealed in a lying world driven by small interests group is the Truth itself, in order not to disrupt their agendas. Keep the folks in darkness, to control them.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by nasacarl
Google moon is an absolute joke! They show only a tiny section and its obviously full of artifacts and buildings otherwise we would all be able to search it like we can Google Earth. Good point OP

I agree 100%

WTF!

Why not allow us to look at every inch of the moon. Christ! with google I can see the numbers of my address on my house.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
It makes you wonder where the 1.8 million images taken by Clementine in the 90s are? We were only allowed to see less than 10% of those images.

If withholding 90% of those images is not a sign of a cover up, I don't know what else is. Besides, it's our tax money, right?

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan
Well, the Chinese just mapped the moon, (or so they claim). Perhaps they'll share their images. As far as artifacts on the moon are concerned, the evidence is shaky at best. IMHO, there's very little to be impressed with.

I'm not saying that there aren't interesting pictures flying about the internet but they are proof of nothing more than suspicion and imagination at this point in time. There's nothing solid to suggest a moon cover-up at all beyond those points.

John Lear hasn't done the cause any favors either... IMHO, he has a really bad case of paraedolia combined with far fetched claims such as spirit catchers and the like.

There will never be enough evidence to satisfy some people that the moon is just a chunk of rocks - but then again, we're discussing this on a conspiracy forum so it's par for the course.

IRM

[edit on 5/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

The Japanese space agency JAXA have the SELENE project, i am still waiting for high resolution images and HD video. I asked John Lear in a thread about the SELENE project and the answer wasn't surprising, everything is controlled by NASA and the images that JAXA gives out to the public are fake, i think he wrote "plastic models" if i remember correct.

Read more and see the images here:
"The Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency(JAXA) launched "KAGUYA (SELENE)" by the H-IIA Launch Vehicle at 10:31:01 a.m. on September 14, 2007 (JST) from Tanegashima Space Center. The major objectives of the "KAGUYA" mission are to obtain scientific data of the lunar origin and evolution and to develop the technology for the future lunar exploration. "KAGUYA" consists of a main orbiting satellite at about 100km altitude and two small satellites (Relay Satellite and VRAD Satellite) in polar orbit. The orbiters will carry instruments for scientific investigation of the Moon, on the Moon, and from the Moon."

www.kaguya.jaxa.jp...

[edit on 2009/3/5 by reugen]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Look a person could know intimately in detail his house or building he lives in but not have a clue about the house or building across the street.

It is right there you look at it every day but have never been inside or behind it.

We have never had space craft encircle the moon just for mapping purposes that could film in that detail.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Even the little bit of the moon you can see on google moon, there are still square blurred out areas.

that's pretty strange. Go straight down from Apollo 15 and you'll see it

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Google maps now has a really cool function that allows you to see the front door of your house...
Street-level mapping.
Personally, I think it goes a bit far, but hey it's out there.

But like others have said, those images aren't developed solely from satellite imagery...

Although I DO think they can zoom in quite well with them. The Government's capabilities are much better than ours are when it comes to satellites.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I own a pretty damn good telescope that can "zoom in" very well on the moon and i haven't seen anything untoward. Haven't seen anything else for that matter. Just a bunch of rocks!

D

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I've changed my mind! The OP is right, something is being covered-up on the Moon! And it was secretly disclosed in 1998!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by reugen
I asked John Lear about the SELENE project and the answer isn't surprising, everything is controlled by NASA and the images that JAXA releases to the public are fake, he said "plastic models".

[edit on 2009/3/5 by reugen]

Forgive me if this sounds facetious, but I wouldn't go quoting John Lear too much, if you want to maintain your credibility.

Asking John Lear about hidden bases on the Moon - or for that matter Mars - is like asking a five year old to tell you about Santa's house at the North Pole.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join