It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the #39 have some kind of value amongst freemasons?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I googled it... and I'm wondering if there is some kind of truth behind it?

I just remember seeing that this number was important for some reason to freemasons...

I even remember reading that it's

39.5... 39 and one half.... Is this number sacred amongst freemasons?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

Nope. Nothing particularly significant in Blue Lodge or Scottish Rite (Southern Jurisdiction) degrees up to 32 that I can recall.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Did you think of doing a search before asking questions..? Thought not...

From page 11:

* The Monument has 8 windows, and together they total 39 square feet in size. The number 39 is very sacred because it is formed by multiplying 3x13 AND 39 divided by two is 19.5 which is
another significant masonic number. And, also remember the importance of the Number 8 in Occultic
Numerology, for it carries the meaning of "New Beginnings". Combined with the meaning of Number
13, as "Extreme Rebellion", you get the total message that this "New Beginning" [New World Order]
is to be carried out in "Extreme Rebellion." I believe this to also be connected to the UPC/EAN 13
BarCode specification(Mark of the Beast).

Josh: You're green...

mmaarrg idet!

[edit on 3/4/2009 by chapter29]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Just goes to show you the level of knowledge that some really do have that seem to claim they have much of.

As noted above 39 is significant and is ref'd in lots of documents on the mason and the pyramids. Interesting stuff when you find how it all links together...

Rgds

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

thanks.

seriously...

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I do know different branches of Freemasons use different numbers for their lodge,however any compound number can be reduced to a single digit and can carry a meaning as well,like 39 would be 12 and 3. 12 apostles = holy trinity. 39=3+9=12=1+2=3 the secret number of 39

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Sorry. That PDF is a load of crap and has nothing to do with actual Freemasonry. Just speculative BS from conspiracy theorists with no basis in reality.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Are you seriously saying that the number 39 is not 2 X 19.5 or that 3 X 13 is not 39? I mean are we talking masons or freemasons? There must be a difference? Is it semantics? Is the math that Doomsday provided wrong?

The numbers 19.47 or 19.5, 30, 33 and 39 are very frequent number found in almost every reference of masons or freemasons. The link that you believe is no good provides lots of valuable and proven data. Unless you can debunk his math, but I think 13 times 3 is 39 and 19.5 times 2 is 39...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by AllTiedTogether]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllTiedTogether
The numbers 19.47 or 19.5, 30, 33 and 39 are very frequent number found in almost every reference of masons or freemasons. The link that you believe is no good provides lots of valuable and proven data. Unless you can debunk his math, but I think 13 times 3 is 39 and 19.5 times 2 is 39...
The math is fine. I've just never seen 13, 19.47, 19.5 or 39 mentioned ANYWHERE in Pike, the Scottish Rite Monitor, the Monitor of the Grand Lodge of Texas (of which I'm a member) or any other ACTUAL Masonic document that I've seen. (At least that I can recall... certainly no SIGNIFICANCE.) If you have one you can cite, I'd love to see it.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Good evening Gentlemen,

19.47° or “19.5″ is a universal number signifying the meeting of a tetrahedron with a sphere. The 13 people talk about so vividly is a reference to the 13th card of the tarot which is the Death card *which can mean rebirth I might add!* 32 degrees is the temperature at which water freezes & below stays froze. 33 degrees & above water does not freeze. As you may know the human body is organic & is composed majority of water. Also the secret to masonic numbers & math are 3 parts Egyptian, Greek & Kabbalah with Both Kabbalah & Greek being heavy with in the society. if you research Kabbalisitc Math & Greek Geometry the mystery of this stuff will be unveiled with ease. But this is just a starting taste of what is to come

Ladies & Gentlemen I give you the all seeing eye which is of greek origin
All Seeing Eye

You see one you know of the Greek, Egyptian & Kabbalah of the masonic blazing star to light your path things become easy. Opps I made another reference the blazing star is earth & venus meeting up every 8 or so years to form a pentagram kinda like the other planets that meet up to form a more advanced hexagram *star of david* as most know it

Hopefully you get the picture

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Occultech
19.47° or “19.5″ is a universal number signifying the meeting of a tetrahedron with a sphere.

So says David Flynn. Can anyone actually back that up with either A: A Masonic instance of a tetrahedron within a sphere, or B: A diagram showing where exactly these 19.47° angles ARE?

I mean, think about it... A regular tetrahedron is composed entirely of 60° angles... Four equilateral triangles. Fine. Inscribe that in a sphere? No problem. So the point where the corner of the tetrahedron touches the surface of the sphere has a tangent plane perpendicular to the radius. The angle between the tetrahedron and the plane touching the sphere at that point is 60°, right? (Perpendicular bisects the triangle into 30° off-axis, subtract that from the 90° perpendicular to get 60...)

Where is 19.47° coming from?

You see one you know of the Greek, Egyptian & Kabbalah of the masonic blazing star to light your path things become easy. Opps I made another reference the blazing star is earth & venus meeting up every 8 or so years to form a pentagram kinda like the other planets that meet up to form a more advanced hexagram *star of david* as most know it

Hopefully you get the picture
Not really. How do you make a pentagram out of two points?

[edit on 3/11/2009 by JoshNorton]

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   
As a 32 degree mason I have no knowledge of any special meaning of that number.

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by freeman2128

Here's a page that refers to 19.5degrees 33degrees and 39degrees. It also refers to the Scottish rite for all who want to argue about whether its this 'rite' or wrong. Source

Proves that the masons who designed Washington seemed to know about tetrahedrons. Maybe they were studying the Washington rite and NOT the Scottish right, rite? I think you guys should get your dues back that you've paid, because they seemed to have neglected to tell you guys any secrets.

Rgds

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Proves that the masons who designed Washington seemed to know about tetrahedrons. Maybe they were studying the Washington rite and NOT the Scottish right, rite? I think you guys should get your dues back that you've paid, because they seemed to have neglected to tell you guys any secrets.

The Scottish Rite in America was not offically constituted until 1801, the District of Columbia was designed a decade prior to this. Reading and understanding history is a wonderful thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Here's a page that refers to 19.5degrees 33degrees and 39degrees. It also refers to the Scottish rite for all who want to argue about whether its this 'rite' or wrong. Source

You're right. It "REFERS" to a lot of things. That doesn't make it legitimate, though, does it? Just because some web-site you Googled SAYS something...does that make it RIGHT? Dear God, I HOPE you don't believe so...for YOUR sake.

It's not an official Masonic site...it's not written by actual Masons...who actually KNOW about Masonry, so why would you believe it?

If you needed brain surgery, who would you prefer to do it? Someone who's read some stuff on the internet ABOUT brain surgery...or, uhm, a BRAIN SURGEON?

But that's OK, don't let actual facts from those who are actual members of the Masonic Order lead you away from the crap you want to believe.

Proves that the masons who designed Washington seemed to know about tetrahedrons. Maybe they were studying the Washington rite and NOT the Scottish right, rite?

I suppose they WERE studying the "Washington Rite" (whatever that is). Has NOTHING to do with the Scottish Rite (oh, not "RIGHT", btw)

I think you guys should get your dues back that you've paid, because they seemed to have neglected to tell you guys any secrets.

And I think it's sad that you're willing to believe anything you read on the internet as long as it's negative. But don't be sad...you're FAR from alone.

Deny ignorance. For goodness sake.

You really ARE "all tied together" aren't you?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
You see, that's the difference between me and you.... I don't need an official mason website to tell me that they are a corrupt and secretive organization that has infiltrated the very heart of our society and is now the parasite(heartworm) that is going to destroy it. I know that there are those that tell the truth that are not masons and that from what I've seen, most masons are quite the liars and not the honest individuals that the purport themselves to be. I might add that I am only one of the thousands that have read this site alone and believe the same.

This is a good example. The fact that you can't even acknowledge that the link I provided shows masonic planning. I forgot... L'enfant wasn't an AMERICAN mason and masonry wasn't being practiced yet as of 1801 or is that just the Scottish rite???

See, this is the problem I have with your logic there mister mason, the first US president was named Washington.... Wasn't he a mason? Didn't he lay a cornerstone for some major building? In his little mason apron?

You just don't know how to tell truth from fiction. Your religion has blinded you by preventing you from actually learning the truth. Yes its just coincidence that there happens to be a perfect pentagon and tetrahedron that use the 39degrees. I mean the 'rite' didn't become possible until later. I understand now, kinda like saying the pyramids couldn't have been aligned with Orions belt because we only wrote about it in the last 20yrs. You masons are very logical people...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

You have MUCH to learn about Masonry.

Sadly, you've made up your mind and aren't letting such trivial things as truth get in your way.

Too bad for you.

You can't see the difference in a FRATERNITY and actual "Masons" Do you REALLY think the Masonic Fraternity built the Pentagon?

Was Washington a Mason? Of course. Did he lay the cornerstone of the Capital with Masonic Ceremony? Sure. So did the Deputy G.M. of my home State lay the cornerstone of the new Presbyterian Church. Does that make Masons Presbyterians? or vice versa? I sure hope not....my Priest would be VERY unhappy with me...as might the Archbishop of Canterbury if he knew that I had secret Calvinistic tendencies...

But, trust me...there is MUCH more than what you've posted that is the "difference between you and me" Live in your little world and think what you want to think...regardless of the actual FACTS.

If you ever decide you want to know the truth though, let one of us know. We're not bad guys at all and we'll be glad to help.

In the mean time, continue to speculate and make yourself appear foolish to those who know the truth. We don't mind. In fact, posts like yours are what keep us coming back here...if for nothing else than the pure entertainment provided by the pathetic posts.

That's all I have to say to you. My patience with trolling is very short.

Good luck.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by senrak]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

You just don't know how to tell truth from fiction. Your religion has blinded you by preventing you from actually learning the truth.

Ah, some random ****-head, once again [yawn] accuses us of being a "religion" when nothing could be further from the truth, then claims that we (the members of the organization) don't know our *** from a hole-in-the-ground when it comes to Masonry but he (or she, whatever) can read some worthless drivel posted as fact on the internet and knows more than us.

Trolls are such amusing creatures. Pitiful, but amusing

Carry on.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Appak]

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AllTiedTogether

Lmme sum up what you are saying here:

You see, that's the difference between me and you.... I don't need an official mason website to tell me that they are a corrupt and secretive organization that has infiltrated the very heart of our society and is now the parasite(heartworm) that is going to destroy it.

I have already made up my mind on this matter, and will state my opinion in a offensive manner using source material that has no credentials to speak of.
I will continue to do so in a elitist tone while condemning all elitists, while being cheerfully immune to the irony of it.

I know that there are those that tell the truth that are not masons and that from what I've seen, most masons are quite the liars and not the honest individuals that the purport themselves to be.

Again, I back my opinion with my beliefs and no real source for it. However, I do note that since Masons have been consistent with their story, that means that they are lying.
I will also go ahead and slip in another insult while I'm at it.

I might add that I am only one of the thousands that have read this site alone and believe the same.

I will now make a unprovable statement in regards of numbers, as if to show that this supports my opinion, when I only show any agreement with anyone who agrees with me or supports my opinion.

You just don't know how to tell truth from fiction. Your religion has blinded you by preventing you from actually learning the truth.

That's an interesting statement. Especially followed by:

I understand now, kinda like saying the pyramids couldn't have been aligned with Orions belt because we only wrote about it in the last 20yrs.

I am claiming that your beliefs, which I can't actually be bothered to look up, are wrong.
However, my beliefs are unimpeachable, no matter what anyone else may say.

You masons are very logical people...

I see nothing wrong with any of my previous statements, and will again slip in a snide insult.

Anyway, there is very possibility this violates the T&C, and if it is, I will stand firmly chastised.

You stated thus:

Maybe they were studying the Washington rite and NOT the Scottish right, rite?

Augustus Masonicus simply stated that the Scottish Rite was not around at that time.

As for the architecture in the link... Emsed1 drew a wonderful dinosaur one time, and I managed to find everything from a castle to a whale one time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join