It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Citizen's Guide to Surviving Police Encounters.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
This is a guide of you're rights when behing encounted by police. I dont know how legit it is anymore but I believe we still have many of these rights. Give me you're thoughts if you like.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by protectedson]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I actually saw this video in college-the ACLU had a viewing. Good overall advice actually, I used the party one once or twice in those days...however everyone keep in mind it does vary considerably state by state.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Never keep anything in the vehicle or in the trunk.
put anything under the vehicle or hide it engine compartment where someone could have planted it

When if the cops ask if they can search tell them no.

When the cop searches and finds nothing he will think you had nothing and were being a a**h**e and give you a hard time about not letting him search before letting you go. If he gives you a hard time quote the 4th Amendment. that will really get him going.

If by some lucky chance the cops does find something by looking under the vehicle or in the engine compartment it is a lot easier to deny it is your and beat the charge.

Since i had been a federal security officer on a navy base the local cops know I will always give them a hard time.

As for a dirty vehicle I had one cop that wanted to search my work truck one muddy winter day even though I had not given him permission.
That was until he opened to door and saw the mud he changed his mind right there.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by ANNED]

join