It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a job? Obama's hiring!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Well, Obama did say he would create millions of new jobs, didn't he? What he failed to tell you was that many of them would be in his plans to expand the vast governmental bureaucracy.

And don't forget who pays these gov't salaries - you and I. Get ready for more taxes!

Many Hires Needed for Budget Goals

By Philip Rucker
Washington Post Staff Writer
Tuesday, March 3, 2009; Page A01

President Obama's budget is so ambitious, with vast new spending on health care, energy independence, education and services for veterans, that experts say he probably will need to hire tens of thousands of new federal government workers to realize his goals.

The $3.6 trillion plan released last week proposes spending billions to begin initiatives and implement existing programs, and given Obama's insistence that he would scale back the use of private-sector contractors, his priorities could reverse a generational decline in the size of the government workforce.

Exactly how many new workers would be needed remains unclear -- one independent estimate was 100,000, while the conservative Heritage Foundation said it is likely to be closer to a quarter-million.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
LOL

Yeah, I was watching CNN this past Saturday while sitting in McD's eating my McNuggets ... *smirk* ... and they had this "special report" on how there ARE jobs out there. They had this woman come on and they interviewed her about this and she told them about USAJobs.com. They proceeded to do a search on "Construction" and came up with over 4k government jobs having to do with Construction.

I was going to post here on the forums about it but I wanted to see if I could find a video clip first and alas the grind of daily life it slipped my mind.

Sure he's going to create job growth ... Sure he's going to "boost" the economy .....

He's going to create job growth in the Goverment ... there-by growing the Government and giving more and more money to the Banks ....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
About 80 percent of that 3 trillion is going to get invested overseas. The rest of that stimulus will create hamburger flipping jobs and temporary jobs like the construction stuff.

Big deal. It will all be the same 3 years later if not sooner. Huge layoffs and massive numbers on the unemployment lines again...while those big companies getting all these billions invest overseas and make massive profits and then put out reports that their US divisions are failing and ask for more bailouts to invest further overseas.

Its all history rpeating. What a ride eh? Just a very expensive merry-go-round ride.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RFBurns

Exactly right. Wait until Cap and Trade is implemented. Businesses will flock to countries who don't care about carbon emissions, like Mexico. Our taxes here will rise exponentially.

After all, Obama has promised to bankrupt the coal industry!

join