It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help required.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can someone tell me why it is that if a topic aleady exists, and we are directed to press our browser back button, we then lose everything we typed? How annoying is that? Probably just as much to me as attacts on a god is to others.

Can someone tell me how to edit, or add a signature? and where can I post for help in these matters antway?

regards

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Yeah, that sucks. The best thing would to be to copy your post before you hit the post button, so if that happens you can just paste it back.

You can edit your posts for a few hours after making it. There would be an edit button in the top right corner.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's where you can add a signature.

And you're in the right spot to ask questions. This is the "Freshman Forum"

[edit on 3/4/09 by enjoies05]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
We all learn this the hard way, but when composing lengthy posts, it's best to do it notepad and then copy and paste here.

As for signatures and avatars and all that other good stuff, this is the forum where you'll find all the help you need. Start with the ATS Handbook
handbook.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm sure someone will follow with more detailed info.....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with worldwatcher.

It only takes once or twice to learn that bitter lesson.

(Actually, it took me many more times! But perhaps my neurons don't fire as rapidly as is the case for most.
)

Good luck and welcome aboard.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by loam]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
had that happen to many times to count.
Every time, I swear I will get my post on a DOC or TXT, but always end up back using the applet.

It sucks when you spend a few hours on a great post and it vanishes. Then you don't have the strength to rewrite it, so you walk away and usually, in my case, it will be weeks before I rewrite it, if I still feel that strongly about the topic then.

I concur.
S & F
just because it is sooo true....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by enjoies05

once I went to copy as you stated, but used my mouse rather than keyboard, and clicked select all, copy, then delete by mistake, which is right below paste. then, it didn't keep the copy in my clipboard, and paste was now empty.

Either way, it seems the applet works more often than not and gives a false sense of security, until the next time.

Almost like enomolies in some OS's that are similar.

Just wanted to comment on your post.
Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by imd12c4funn

This experience seems so universal, it demonstrates there must be a little gambler in everyone.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
thank you kind ones.

Glad i'm not alone in this universe.

Got all that great stuff.. thanks again

One other thing which bugs me, but it might be my perception: i tried to include my webpage in a post, but couild i get it to display right? what a job. Gave up in the end.

well i shall now mosy on over to help ranch, so thanks again.

join