It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stores completely out of ammo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Stores completely out of ammo

www.ammunitiontogo.com

I have a 9mm pistol that I just purchased brand new this past Friday. I went to Walmart on the south side of Jackson TN to get ammo and they were completely out of all Pistol ammo. I went to North side Walmart and they were out as well.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
They said that their warehouse that serves all West Tennessee has all pistol ammo on backorder. The gun store in Jackson was out of ammo, the store in Henderson where I purchased the gun had 1 20 round box of hollows and 1 50 round box of jackets left. I checked with two gun stores in Memphis as well as Walmart in Olive Branch MS and Southaven MS and all were out. I posted a link to a website that says they are backordered as well. I know people have been stocking up, but why are stores not getting anymore?

www.ammunitiontogo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Thought I'd mention that all other caliber ammo and shotgun shells were severely depleted at all sites as well.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The walmarts around Indy are all out too.

I suggest going to GanderMtn or Dicks sporting goods if you don't want to buy online.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Demand for bullets is so strong that suppliers are restricting deliveries.

"Where we used to get 20 to 30 cases [in a shipment], we may get two to three cases now," said Vic Grechniw of Florida Ammo Traders in Tampa. "The supply just isn't there. . . . Everybody is pretty much rushing out to get their hands on whatever they can."

Most in demand is handgun ammunition, including 9 mm and .45-caliber for semiautomatic pistols and .38-caliber for revolvers. Clerks at local Walmart stores, including Apopka and Kissimmee, say those sizes, along with .22-caliber, are on back order at the chain's warehouses.

www.orlandosentinel.com...

Seems like suppliers are restricting deliveries. This could also be that suppliers are trying to maximize their profits during this golden opportunity.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
We have a brand new Gander MTN and Dicks in Jackson and both are completely out and said it will be at least two weeks until more comes in.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Walmarts in the northeast (the few that still carry) sellout the moment they get in stock

Its like with he nintendo wii except ammo.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Has anyone heard of supply and demand? I know its hard economics 101.

When you have the MSM and others saying buy guns and ammo NOW! to tens of millions people. Then you wonder why the supply is down?!?!?!?!?

-- Just a thought ---

Everyone has a car? Dont have to worry about body armor with that if it makes you feel any better. Just keep some gas handy and run people over yee haaaawwww! IQ=0

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
no fret young lads ... get your loaders at a gun show near you. just see the guy selling custom ammo and telling him I sent you.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:32 PM
link   
If you're in the Northeast look at

ammoshark.com

and please send in your findings to help the community at large.

Also for ordering online check out

gun-deals.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I think it's supply and demand...and the talk of new assault weapon bans are causing either more purchases and/or the suppliers are holding out for higher prices. I was at the local Wal Mart last night and they had 1 box of .223 rounds (I have a DPMS M4) and no slugs/sabots for my .12ga.

I live about 45 minutes away from a Remington ammo plant though but I don't know off the top of my head if they sell to the public. I'll check and find out if they do.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Same situation here. SO and I went looking for Ammo yesterday. All the "old" gun stores were out of business so he finally stopped at Wal-Mart in NLR. We were only able to get a couple boxes of shotgun shells and a box of .22 ammo and the shotgun shells weren't "really" what we wanted.

All the Wal-Marts in our area are the same, Jacksonville, AR, Cabot, AR ... no ammo.

We also stopped at Home Depot to pick up some more buckets (those went down in price from $4.97 to $2.79 each! YaY) and while we were standing in line, my SO told the older gentleman in front of us that the buckets were for our emergency food supply. He looked at us and said ..

'Oh, getting ready for the war are you?" so non-chalantly I was momentarily stunned.

We mentioned that we couldn't find much ammo and he told us that he works for Remington (located just east of Little Rock) and that they can't keep up with the demand for ammo. They're running the plant 6 days a week trying to.

I'd been telling my SO for weeks that finding ammo was going to be a problem but he didn't believe me until last night. All we can do is keep looking.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I rarely see a good stock at Walmarts, I always buy from the local sporting goods store. I just loaded up this past weekend and didnt notice any decrease in stock, in fact they had cases of shotgun shells line along the walls all on sale. The shelves were equally as full

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

Yeah I'm in your area as well. I'm in Bryant and this was the Wal Mart in Bryant itself. I didn't check in Benton. I do business with Don's in NLR and he's been short of ammo lately too.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
A LOT more weapons have been purchased over the past few months. All those new weapons need ammo. So there is a higher damand which means less ammo.

At least, i hope that's the reason for the ammo shortage. I can think of another .. but it's a rather frightening scenerio to think about ....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by griffinrl

Yeah, we went by Don's yesterday but we got there 10 mins too late, they'd already closed, lol

If they're running low as well I might as well let the SO know so he doesn't waste a trip down there.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
So far in the Northern Virginia area I haven't seen any real shortages, just crap selection (try finding 62 grain 5.56 rounds in this area sometime). Probably making another pass for more ammo in the next few days so hopefully the abundance will hold out here until I can meet my quotas.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Heh, I think your line of thought runs right along the same line as my SO's line of thought with regards to the ammo shortage.

I'm trying to get him to not think "quite" so negatively but ... sometimes I just don't have anything reasonable to say to stop him.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cnichols

You might check with Don's again...it's been about 2 weeks since I was there. He may have stocked up some in the mean time. I try to go there as little as possible because I'm weak....and spend money LOL

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
ammunitiontogo has always been good to me.

I ordered [redacted] and it only took a few days to arrive.

Dealers and shows are selling Brown Bear and Wolf here for $8 a box!

[edit on 3/4/09 by emsed1]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join