It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power Is Boring

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
ok here's a new view for some..
and an old view for a few..

back in the early 90s (way before internets) I was tracing along the tattered tailcoats of an individual known as Jello Biafra.

So much of what he used to talk about in his lyrics and solo-speech rants. are completely true today.

he was the harbinger of decades to come..
as you would.. say .. a Bill Cooper... of the lefties... (though I am not one)

with the obvious towering threat of a Totalitarian establishment encroaching..
I thought I'd give you a few lines of thought that hit me hard back in my youthyness ..
hopefully It will hit just as hard today.

part two in my Jello Was Right series

from the song . Power Is Boring

(see below for the actual audio)
-

believe me,
if i were Dictator...

you know what i'd do?!?!?
come to think of it,
there's a problem there
for aspiring tyrants
like me and you...

ever wonder what it'd really be like
to be your own dicator
might be its own kind of prison
of total fear

can't make love or go anywhere
without bodyguards in your hair
never know which trusted friend
has plans to blow you away

3,000 pairs of shoes no one to talk to
'nuff guns to kill everyone you own
the masses act so loyal
yet you can't sleep in the same place twice
i wouldn't want to be a Noriega or Khadafi ..would YOU?

power is boring
power is boring
power is boring

and ya know, i wonder how
the downtown crowd can stand themselves
look sharp play to win through intimidation
that person at the next desk
ain't your friend he's your competitor
the only way to get promoted first
is to get him first or else

hi ho whadya know
they all got the same plan for you
where do these people go
between their daily meals of work
too burnt and stressed
to even think of how to spend the money
no one eslse to show it to
but people just like me-agh!

power is boring
power is boring
power is boring

Hot Damn! we're the headliners at last!
gonna show this scene a thing or two!
play games and help our friends!

now the phone rings all the time!
it's all you fault!
'you've been crowned king
of what you used to warn us about'!

why play that game at all?
people who want the power that bad
are missing something in their lives

being scared of my friends
in the "Junta", "Scene", or "Business World"

is THE most,
MISERABLE
existence
I could THINK of
on Eeeeaaaaaaarrrrrth!

power is boring
power is boring
power is boring
power is boring!

-

[edit on 4-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
think about it for awhile.. let it sink in...

when you think about all the vague clouds of distraught in the world ... they all seem so foreign and external..

but the only real SOURCE of ANY type of tyrrany is WITHIN...

in our own relationships.. in our own interactions with one another..
that "animal" drive..

that "dominant tendency" .. to say "my way is RIGHT"... "yours is WRONG!"...

ie.. conflict..

we're all our own tyrants.. and that cascades upwards where it gains REAL control.

and does damnation upon us...

the only way we can change the world and fight tyranny.. is to psychologically purge and cleanse ouselves and be less animalistic in our interactions with one another.

i think you'd all agree.

never forget that.

-

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
No normal person would want to live that lifestyle, but they are not normal people, they are slaves to their own megalomania and need for control.

As the two links in my signature show, they do not have the same emotional profile as a human being in the middle of the Bell Curve, and will not thusly have the same aspirations or motivations.

One's hell is another's heaven, depending on where on the distribution curve they are for emotional profiles.

I agree with your conclusion, we do have to be more humaine, but that is to realise that some of us are not and never will be and need to be filtered out of the decision making process because they will always subvert it for their own egoistic goals. In an ideal world we would catch these people in the school system, as psychopathy would be manifested pretty early, and they could be treated, if possible, or at least profiled. It's dangerous territory, with the possibility of abuse, but it's not like the alternative, ie, what we have now, is better, with millions of dead in wars, bad technological choices, diminuishing life quality and time, and so on, all because of psychocratic control structures.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
I agree with your conclusion, we do have to be more humaine, but that is to realise that some of us are not and never will be and need to be filtered out of the decision making process because they will always subvert it for their own egoistic goals. In an ideal world we would catch these people in the school system, as psychopathy would be manifested pretty early, and they could be treated, if possible, or at least profiled. It's dangerous territory, with the possibility of abuse, but it's not like the alternative, ie, what we have now, is better, with millions of dead in wars, bad technological choices, diminuishing life quality and time, and so on, all because of psychocratic control structures.

would you agree that in order for humanity to survive and approach a higher ideal...
those types in that bell curve that we disgust..
... would needed to be annihilated..
and upon genetically altering ourselves...
a new psychological learning paradigm be placed into effect where that sort of psychology never grows again?

think it's far fetched?
wait till you see what's comin'...

-

[edit on 4-3-2009 by prevenge]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
No, I would not agree with that.

What is needed is awareness of the problem, natural selection is enough to solve it, as the majority would not want to perpetuate the sort of behaviour patterns that gives us Iraq and Afghanistan.

By natural selection I mean that these people would not be successfull breeders, as the free women of the world would not want to mate with them, would be more carefull in choosing partners so as not to get the psychopaths in bed with them. That is really all that is needed to solve the problem in the long term.

In the short term awareness would mean checks and balances so that there would be less positions of power, ie, more colaborative models instead of authoritive models, and the ones that are needed would be atributed by consent to someone instead of sought after by control freaks. Somthing akin to jury duty I suppose.

Killing people is not a solution to the problem, it is a sympton of the psychotic behaviour that is at the source of the problem.

As for genetic alteration, you're trying to solve something which is not really broken. People need to clean up their bodies of all the excess chemicals and, with a detoxed mind, realise what they are really capable of. We are already perhaps the most evolved animal on this planet, on many many levels. We can endurance run with some of the best of them, we are stronger than most of them, we are smarter that all or almost all of them, we have advanced technology when the nearest thing that comes close is a monkey with a stick, so to argue that we need to enhance ourselves when we are underperforming so badly is to miss the point here.

Maybe, in a more enlightened future we will have the sort of emotional balance on which we could trust each other with genetic enhancement, for the time being I would rather stick to genetic repair therapy and give the species time to mentally settle down to a more positive vibration.

Edit, one last point I almost forgot: No matter how bad things get, and I know there's a lot of bad stuff planned by the fearmongering elites in the hopes of snapping us into a more rigid political, economical, social and religious control edifice, that is not a justification to use the same methods back on them. For one thing, they won't be hit, they are in the shadows. All we would be doing is disseminating chaos onto ourselves, which is part of their plan. And it would only lead to a less loving future, when the solution to this mess is to abandon fear based behaviour and embrace the positives. We need to turn our backs on the violence, not be a part of it. I don't know about anyone else, but with me the violence ends. Provocation is the MO of the enemy.

[edit on 4-3-2009 by Zepherian]

top topics

join