It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA camps - possible explanation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
First post here, thanks to all for the great content.

Disclaimer: this is pure conjecture.

I just thought i'd throw this out there for the forum to get everyone's thoughts. While browsing info on the Great Depression, I realized that many people lived in work camps during this era. These camps were built by the military to house the homeless and migrant workers. Work camps were also established for youths by various organizations.

It could be that the FEMA camps are built for the purpose of providing temporary housing for the poor or otherwise displaced. The root of the current crisis is the housing market. A very small percentage of the citzenry own their houses outright. When the economy collapses fully, this will leave hordes of people without housing. There are not even enough rental properties to house all the displaced families.

Could these camps be dedicated to solving this problem?

Although this seems innocuous at first, note that this still implies government control of large masses of people.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well possibly but if that was the case wouldn't FEMA tell us? Do they still deny thier existence? Why would they lie...why wouldn't they tell us...what is there to hide? That's the question.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
These thingws were around way before the economic collapse. So that means they knew what was going to happen and let it? I don't understand. Is this scenario supposedt o make them look good? Personally if I found out the world gov'ts knew about this collapse and were preparing for it behind our backs i'd lose a lot of the respect for consequences that i currently have.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I still don't understand why you would have one way turnstiles, guard towers, and inward facing barbed wire. Misplaced workers are not criminals, it still doesn't make much sense to me.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Same ole governmental song and dance when it comes to the citizens. For some reason the government refuses to to think that the public couldn't handle the truth.

The same reason that if an asteroid was coming towards earth they wouldn't tell us until we were about to die. It's possible that they are correct and that if people really knew the truth chaos would rain. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
They're real and are no big secret.

(a) In General- In accordance with the requirements of this Act, the Secretary of Homeland Security shall establish not fewer than 6 national emergency centers on military installations.
(b) Purpose of National Emergency Centers- The purpose of a national emergency center shall be to use existing infrastructure--
(1) to provide temporary housing, medical, and humanitarian assistance to individuals and families dislocated due to an emergency or major disaster;
(2) to provide centralized locations for the purposes of training and ensuring the coordination of Federal, State, and local first responders;
(3) to provide centralized locations to improve the coordination of preparedness, response, and recovery efforts of government, private, and not-for-profit entities and faith-based organizations; and
(4) to meet other appropriate needs, as determined by the Secretary of Homeland Security.

In this Act, the following definitions apply:
(1) CLOSED MILITARY INSTALLATION- The term `closed military installation' means a military installation, or portion thereof, approved for closure or realignment under the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Act of 1990 (part A of title XXIX of Public Law 101-510; 10 U.S.C. 2687 note) that meet all, or 2 out of the 3 following requirements:
(A) Is located in close proximity to a transportation corridor.

(B) Is located in a State with a high level or threat of disaster related activities.

(C) Is located near a major metropolitan center.

Source

top topics

join