It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA Satellite Fails to Reach Orbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

NASA Satellite Fails to Reach Orbit

www.nytimes.com

A NASA investigation team is trying to determine why a protective nose cone failed to detach during the launching of a climate satellite on Tuesday morning, dooming the $278 million mission and leaving scientists without a much-anticipated advance in the tracking of global carbon dioxide emissions.

The third and fourth stages burned properly, but because of the added weight of the nose cone, the rocket did not accelerate as much as necessary
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   
This is indeed perplexing and sad for NASA who we believe have perfected space tecnology by now.

While the mission in itself was not very expensive, the failure definitely puts NASA in spotlight and many questions will be asked.

This is the second faliure of the Taurus rockets and I wonder if there is a basic technical flaw in their design

www.nytimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sunny_2008ny

I certainly don't believe NASA is flawless. I doubt many in NASA believe so. Watch a launch live sometime. You can see the tension in mission control.

The performance of NASA should be in the spotlight, always. It's too bad that it takes the failures to put it there.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This one was hilarious when it came out.
It seems lately NASA is nothing more than tools for the leftist agenda by embracing the b#!!$#!t of global warming being man-made and linked directly to CO2 emissions.
I'm going with the hand of god intervening to show his view on the idea of global warming.
After all, the guy who came up with the idea of Global Warming called it b.s. after a while, but then Al Gore (who had been taught about it from him) denounced him.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

The purpose of the satellite was to measure CO2 levels. If CO2 levels are not rising it would have helped to demonstrate that.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

The purpose of the satellite was to measure CO2 levels. If CO2 levels are not rising it would have helped to demonstrate that.

Unless, they decided to lie about that

Which of course NASA never lie right?

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

That makes a ton of sense.

Why reveal the failure? Nobody but "they" knew about it. They could have just said they are getting wonderful data that proves the rise in CO2 levels.

Come to think of it, they didn't even have to bother launching. They could have lied about there being a satellite and said "OMG! Look at these numbers!"

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Lie about CO2 and Global Warming, heaven forbid.

NASA is full of liars.

They don't even know what gravity is.
Tesla discovered the true nature of gravity and thats why he
ignored Einstein. Tesla worked with the electrical ether every day
and determined its effect on mass attraction.

Hey, lie about going to the Moon too, solid Illuminati behavior.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
This is indeed perplexing and sad for NASA who we believe have perfected space tecnology by now.

HA! Speak for yourself buddy!

I love the things that NASA does, but sadly, it seems like things always go wrong. However, I cant launch a rocket into orbit, so i have no room to comment on how much better i couldve done it. Dropping the toolbag a few months ago... accident, everyone drops something, all the time. It just happens to be that nobody is in space all the time. Haha

new topics

top topics

join