It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water Ran on Mars as Early Humans Walked the Earth

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
A geological study of Mars has determined that water deposited mud at the base of a gully just 1.25 million years ago.

This certainly would suggest that life may have existed on the planet in the "very recent past" (in geological terms).Water Ran on Mars ...

These study results would certainly seem to buttress arguements that Mars may harbour life or did harbour life forms in the relatively recent past.

I figure this is just another trickle before the dam bursts...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by bluestreak53]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Hmmm.. Very interesting.

Second line here

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I agree.

But, why is this in "Aliens and UFO's" ?

Mars is an interesting place, that more
than likely harbored microbial life at some
point.

Not "aliens" that fly "ufo's".

TW

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Two Worlds
I agree.

But, why is this in "Aliens and UFO's" ?

Mars is an interesting place, that more
than likely harbored microbial life at some
point.

Not "aliens" that fly "ufo's".

TW

Well I would say it is germane to the discussion as the discovery of ANY alien life in the solar system certainly would highly boost the chances that life is pervasive through the universe.

One arguement frequently made against the ET hypothesis as a possible source for some UFOs is that life on earth is unique or that life is very sparsely present in the universe.

I'm sure that there are many out there who are dogmatically shutting out any possibility that life could exist elsewhere in the universe as it upsets there belief that "humans as unique and supreme creations of god". This is not that different from those who can't imagine that any civilizations might exist elsewhere that are millions of years more technically advanced than us and possibly possessing the technology of inter-stellar travel.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Well to the OP's defense I would like to add something.

It belongs in this thread because if we discover (which we already have because of the mars rock with fossilized bacteria) that mars supported even microbial life in the recent or distant past then we would have an indication about how abundant life is in the universe and may even figure out why it sprang up in the first place.

Which would then indicate that there are other sources of life in the universe and likely more advanced life. Finding a couple of micro bugs on mars would be a huge jump for mankind's quest for a place in this vast universe. Those bacteria are martians. I know not quite what we expected but hey martians cool!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To add another piece of evidence I found this picture only moments before i found this topic

marsprogram.jpl.nasa.gov...

There was definitely something was going on on Mars long before we were around...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In these last four or five years most scientists agree that Mars had a "wet past", the news is the dating.

And even if this dating is not that much correct (even by a 10% margin), it shows that this water (or other liquid?) was present relatively recently.

These next years should be very interesting.

PS: I also think this should not be in the "Aliens and UFOs" forum, mostly because there is a "Space Exploration".

top topics

join