It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DETROIT;Elect a crazy council, get crazy results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
A pitiful Teamster official who practically crawled to the table on his knees expressing profuse respect for this disrespectful body was battered by both the crowd and the council.

When he dared suggest that an improved Cobo Center would create more good-paying jobs for union workers, Conyers reminded him, "Those workers look like you; they don't look like me."

Desperate, he invoked President Barack Obama's message of unity and was angrily warned, "Don't you say his name here."

www.liveleak.com...

Wow....that's all I can seem to say. How the hell did these idiots that act like children get elected to office in Detroit? This is about as blatant as reverse racism gets. Come to think of it there is no reverse racism; there is only racism.

Sorry to Detroit for having to put up with this idiot Monica Conyers who is clearly a nut job. Look at the way she handles herself with these children.

[edit on 3/3/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

She is a nut job. She is also under investigation for a bribery deal.

US Senator John Conyers must be proud of his wife.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

It' funny because when I started looking into this woman. All I could find is one video after the other of her wacked out statements.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
yeah, she's a real gem. I bet her husband is proud of her...lol

First Kwame was the main attraction, now the focus is on her and her craziness. The Freep has been a main source of entertainment for quite some time now.

I have even found myself several times pulling a Monica.

"Do it, Baby!!!"

[edit on 3-3-2009 by virraszto]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
What Mrs. Conyers is telling me in this video is she has the self control of about a 2nd grader. And she complains because the 8th grader is telling her how to act, yet that is what she did to the president of the council. What a moronic person she is.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It is inspiring to see young people who think for themselves! That girl was awesome. She should run for council.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
some one needs need meds

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Wow, It seems as thought that girl in the 8th grade would be capable of doing a MUCH better job than her.

How did some one like that get elected. A person who makes less sense than a 13-14 year old girl?

I have heard detroit politics were off the wall but, my god, that is just ludacris.

Why is some one like that allowed to stay in office. How is someone like that, who is so ignorant and arrogant, even elected?

Ugh.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I think just one of these could replace her images.wikia.com...

[edit on 3-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

That was the most disgusting display from a politician I have ever seen...

I don't even know what to say.. honestly.. just flabbergasted.. where the hell is the call for her resignation???

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

The thing that is so pathetic is when an eighth grade student asked her a viable question she looked confused as though she did not understand the question. I suppose we should be asking how in the hell did this waste of oxygen get elected. I mean do the people in Detroit just not care? It seems as though they did not look into this persons background or views when election time came around. I am just dumbfounded by this. She is not only an embarrassment to her city,community, but also to her race in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
WOW i just wanted to say this is the first i have seen this and i live very near Detroit. i work in warren Michigan right on the border. and man, i am so embarrassed

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Detroit as a whole is a ghost town. Believe me I work there. Burned out buildings, abandoned buildings, abandoned businesses. Downtown barely has anything open. Homeless people in nearly every dumpster. It's a truly sad pathetic place to live and work.

Detroit politics is a joke. A complete joke, it spreads througout the city services too. Call 911? fughettabout it. it's gonna take them at least 3 hours to get to you.

Racism runs rampant and unfettered in Detroit as I can attest. As a white male, I constantly get called a (N Word) (Swear for Female Dog).

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
reply to post by Rockpuck

The thing that is so pathetic is when an eighth grade student asked her a viable question she looked confused as though she did not understand the question. I suppose we should be asking how in the hell did this waste of oxygen get elected. I mean do the people in Detroit just not care? It seems as though they did not look into this persons background or views when election time came around. I am just dumbfounded by this. She is not only an embarrassment to her city,community, but also to her race in my opinion.

I'm from the suburbs around detroit. ( 20 min away ) so i can't comment from a first hand perspective but after Kwame got called out and the attention came to him about all the dumb horrible stuff he did, a local news station not sure if fox or channel 7 or whatever it was.......

They started asking random local people in detroit about kilpatrick and if he should stay in office and a surprising amount of people said they " WOULD VOTE FOR HIM TO BE RE-ELECTED " !!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to get flammed for this and I mean no disrespect to anyone however, some of these detroiters don't even know what they're mayor cheated them out of . They don't care some of them just want black leadership because they are black.

It's not that black leadership is wrong in Detroit, it's that they are picking the wrong people to lead them. There are other people far more qualified to run the city who also happen to be black that are good legit honest people.

That's the truth though and it's frustrating that people will vote for somebody not for the skills but just based on color.

I'm pretty sure even Mr. Bing would do a fine job it seems as though he actually cares about this city.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Detroit as a whole is a ghost town. Believe me I work there. Burned out buildings, abandoned buildings, abandoned businesses. Downtown barely has anything open. Homeless people in nearly every dumpster. It's a truly sad pathetic place to live and work.

Detroit politics is a joke. A complete joke, it spreads througout the city services too. Call 911? fughettabout it. it's gonna take them at least 3 hours to get to you.

Racism runs rampant and unfettered in Detroit as I can attest. As a white male, I constantly get called a (N Word) (Swear for Female Dog).

Yea it is bad but My friend just moved down their and I visited him a few times and we would go out at night around detroit and I never felt unsafe at all. It was in a decent area of detroit for detroit though. Off of woodward new fox theater area kinda. There are great places in the D but it's nothing like a Major city should be.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's only gonna get worse. Ignorance breeds ignorance and it's just growing larger by the day. How is it that it's accpetable to not only elect idiots like this, how did she even get on the ballot? I understand they want black leadership.......but if that's the best they have maybe they should explore other options. With leadership like this is it any wonder the country is in the shape it's in?

top topics

join